supercarrier yellow shirts will not guide into catapults

slaw_dawg

Title says it all basically,

Our wing regularly flies off carriers, and while some can get the yellow shirts to marshall us on a cat, everybody else cant. We have tried taxing all over the boat, different cats, nothing. 

• Like 1

We had this last night as well. Only one jet can hook up and launch at a time. The next jet needs to circle around and come at the yellow shirt again to activate him.

Pretty sure this is a bug. Was happening with the Hornet and the Tomcat.

Strike

USLANTCOM.com

stepped_with_391_new_small.png

i7-9700K OC 5GHz| MSI MPG Z390 GAMING PRO CARBON | 32GB DDR4 3200 | GTX 3090 | Samsung SSD | HP Reverb G2 | VIRPIL Alpha | VIRPIL Blackhawk | HOTAS Warthog

Strikeeagle345>>

We often run into this problem when we are doing carrier events with many people (like CQ stuff, where people continously take off and land). Sometimes the ground crew refuse to react to you, regardless of how many circles you do, or how many times you press "Request Takeoff".

One thing I've noticed is that when it happens to you, if you select the AI Tower (ATC) Frequency, you will hear the tower guy being stuck in some kind of state, repeating "305 hold position, 305 hold position, 305 hold position". Another thing I noticed is that if another plane lands, sometimes you get un-stuck.

This is not a new bug btw. It has been like this since the SC introduction. Very happy if you manage to nail it down though! 🙂

Edited by Bankler
  • Like 1

Happens a lot. Especially annoying when our community flies missions with lots of aircraft shooting with tight T/O times. Gets messy when a flight can't shoot and has to backtrack into the aircraft lined up behind the cats. Would love to see some attention on this. Keep up the great job ED! Thanks.

• Like 1

We also have this now every SC launch since the patch. Inefficient ground crew! 

• Like 1

DCS World 2.5.x | F-14 | F/A-18C | AV-8B | AJS-37 | A10C | M-2000C | F-15C | MiG-21 | Hawk | FW190 | BF109K | Spitfire Mk. IX | P-51D | Gazelle | UH-1H | MI-8 | BS | CA | Persian Gulf | Normandy | NTTR

Win10-x64 | ASUS Strix Z270H Gaming | Intel i7-7700K | Gigabyte GeForce GTX 1080 Ti Gaming OC | Corsair Vengeance LPX 32 GB DDR4 | SSD Samsung 850 | TM Hotas Warthog | Saitek Pro Flight Pedals | Oculus Rift CV1

Have this problem too, seems you have to turn back over the deck a couple of times to trigger the yellow shirt to wave you forward to the cat.

Might have to do with multiple cats launching aircraft and you mess up the launch sequence when you taxi forward on your own accord. Had this happen both in multiplayer and single player campaign.

I'm sure you work this out. Cheers!

We've encountered this problem as well. It happens very frequently now with 2.7.

Here's a trackfile of us trying to get off the boat, it seems when someone is hooked up, it blocks all the other cats from working, as soon as that person takes off, one other person is directed into the catapults. sometimes the radio comms requesting a launch also seems to do "something". Not sure what's going on, we couldn't really see a pattern to this.

Trackfile: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1FhTHVXhJHHMW5BRplpt7MtUJef5dy-BB/view?usp=sharing

http://www.csg-2.net/ | i7 7700k - NVIDIA 1080 - 32GB RAM | BKR!

It seems that the issue is not as random as we first thought. We did a little of testing and observed the following:

If there are two different flights on deck (lets say: Chevy and Uzi) and one of Chevy planes takes a catapult, the complete Uzi-Flight is blocked on all catapults. This block stays until the complete Chevy flight has departed from the carrier (only occupied Chevy slots count). Right after the last Chevy launch, Uzi is free to use the catapults again.

That behaviour was reproduceable consistently - at least in our mission/server. The first plane seems to block for it's complete flight.

Maybe this observation helps some people to organize work around this issue. For coordinated events this is not a big issue, as the departure is "coordinated". How ever in freeflight missions during the week, it can be annoying. Maybe a simple workaround would be to split the 4 ship flights into seperate groups, although I haven't tested this. It could be that this allows only one launch after another.

I like to mention, that this are just some observations. Maybe there is more to it, maybe we are wrong about it. I just thought it's worth sharing this...

happy flying!

Update: I tested the workaround with "single groups" 😞 . Of course it makes the problem worse, as only single departures are possible then... 😉

Edited by Pixinger
Tested suggested workaround...

On 4/24/2021 at 4:03 AM, Pixinger said:

It seems that the issue is not as random as we first thought. We did a little of testing and observed the following:

If there are two different flights on deck (lets say: Chevy and Uzi) and one of Chevy planes takes a catapult, the complete Uzi-Flight is blocked on all catapults. This block stays until the complete Chevy flight has departed from the carrier (only occupied Chevy slots count). Right after the last Chevy launch, Uzi is free to use the catapults again.

That behaviour was reproduceable consistently - at least in our mission/server. The first plane seems to block for it's complete flight.

Maybe this observation helps some people to organize work around this issue. For coordinated events this is not a big issue, as the departure is "coordinated". How ever in freeflight missions during the week, it can be annoying. Maybe a simple workaround would be to split the 4 ship flights into seperate groups, although I haven't tested this. It could be that this allows only one launch after another.

I like to mention, that this are just some observations. Maybe there is more to it, maybe we are wrong about it. I just thought it's worth sharing this...

happy flying!

Update: I tested the workaround with "single groups" 😞 . Of course it makes the problem worse, as only single departures are possible then... 😉

This isn't the whole story. I just had a flight of four in the same flight and three of us could not take off until one particular aircraft launched. There was no particular order other than possibly it is related to the spawn order of the aircraft onto the carrier. This happened in both the F-14 and the new T-45 mod.

Flying the DCS: F-14B from Heatblur Simulations with Carrier Strike Group 2 and the VF-154 Black Knights!

I also own: Ka-50 2, A-10C, P-51D, UH-1H, Mi-8MTV2, FC3, F-86F, CA, Mig-15bis, Mig-21bis, F/A-18C, L-39, F-5E, AV-8B, AJS-37, F-16C, Mig-19P, JF-17, C-101, and CEII

Further to this, I think that the flight that has a member taxi off their parking spot first, is the first flight authorized to hook up to the cats.  The next member of a different flight to taxi will make their flight be #2 behind the first group.  This was the evidence that we saw during a recent op:

Spawn order
ENFIELD_Aly
UZI_Spang
ENFIELD_CannMan
ENFIELD_SpencyD
UZI_Zyll - first flight to taxi
ENFIELD_Analogy - second flight to taxi
DODGE_Reflex
DODGE_Tero
DODGE_CrimzN

ENFIELD_Spency fail hookup to cat4
ENFIELD_CannMan fail hookup to cat3
ENFIELD_Spency fail hookup to cat2
ENFIELD_Analogy fail hookup to cat1
ENFIELD_CannMan fail hookup to cat2
* UZI_Zyll to back of boat, then succeed hookup to cat1
ENFIELD_Aly fail hookup to cat4
ENFIELD_Analogy fail hookup to cat2
DODGE_CrimzN to back of boat
ENFIELD_Aly fail hookup to cat 2
ENFIELD_Spency fail hookup to cat1
* UZI_Spang succeeed hookup to cat3
ENFIELD_Analogy to back of boat
ENFIELD_Spency to back of boat
ENFIELD_CannMan to back of boat
DODGE_CrimzN fail hookup to cat4
DODGE_Tero fail hookup to cat3
* ENFIELD_Analogy succeed hookup to cat1
* ENFIELD_Spency succeed hookup to cat2
* ENFIELD_CannMan succeed hookup to cat3
ENFIELD_Aly to back of boat
DODGE_Tero to back of boat
DODGE_Reflex fail hookup to cat1
DODGE_CrimzN to back of boat
DODGE_Reflex to back of boat
DODGE_Tero fail hookup to cat2
* ENFIELD_Aly succeed hookup to cat3
* DODGE_CrimzN succeed hookup to cat1
* DODGE_Reflex succeed hookup to cat3
* DODGE_Tero succeed hookup to cat1

• 4 months later...
17 minutes ago, Zyll said:

Is anyone seeing a change in behaviour now, or is it a placebo? Haven't seen a fix announced, so I'm thinking it's the latter.

4 months later.... It was fixed some time ago.

The issue was that the carrier crew had some kind of lineup on who goes first etc, so if you are 2nd in line you couldn't launch before nr1 in line, same goes with 4th 5th in line etc... but there was no way of knowing who is first etc.

anyways it was fixed. tag should be changed 😜

Edited by Furiz

1 hour ago, Furiz said:

4 months later.... It was fixed some time ago.

The issue was that the carrier crew had some kind of lineup on who goes first etc, so if you are 2nd in line you couldn't launch before nr1 in line, same goes with 4th 5th in line etc... but there was no way of knowing who is first etc.

anyways it was fixed. tag should be changed 😜

It's not fixed.

http://www.csg-2.net/ | i7 7700k - NVIDIA 1080 - 32GB RAM | BKR!

• 1 year later...

This bug is fixed or not.About 1 year latter,still happened.

• GamingPC: Ryzen 5950X  + 64G RAM + Nvidia 4090 + 1T Dedicated SSD For DCS 
  • HOTAS: WingWin F15EX Throttle + VKB Gunfighter Mk.III Joystick + SN2 Rudder + TrackIR Pro
  • HomeServer: Dell R7515 (EPYC 7402 + 1 T RAM + 48T SSD Raid10 + Nvidia A40
  • Network: Google Fiber 2G

• ED Team
7 minutes ago, zhouyut001 said:

This bug is fixed or not.About 1 year latter,still happened.

Was fixed a long time ago. 

As usual please include a track replay showing the problem. You have been told many times already. 

thank you

smallCATPILOT.PNG.04bbece1b27ff1b2c193b174ec410fc0.PNG

Forum rules - DCS Crashing? Try this first - Cleanup and Repair - Discord BIGNEWY#8703 - Youtube - Patch Status

Windows 11, NVIDIA MSI RTX 3090, Intel® i9-10900K 3.70GHz, 5.30GHz Turbo, Corsair Hydro Series H150i Pro, 64GB DDR @3200, ASUS ROG Strix Z490-F Gaming, HP Reverb G2