Dedicated server 2.7: Always same mission launched

reptile92

I did remove the serversettings.lua file and start over, still not working properly.  i have the issue reported above where selecting a mission in the list will run the mission above it.  if i want the mission at the top bottom of the list I am out of luck.

anybody at ED seeing/working on this?  are all dedicated servers having this issue?  has anyone had a uninstall and reinstall fix it?

Edited by hlfritz

It's been a while since I had this problem.

In the meantime we installed two new servers, and automated the choice of the mission started at boot.

All works perfectly, and I'm sorry I can't help.

Zip - VEAF :pilotfly:

If you want to learn, talk and fly with french-speaking friends, the Virtual European Air Force is here for you ! Meet us on our Discord and our forum

If you're a mission creator, you may want to check the VEAF Mission Creation Tools (and its GitHub repository) a set of open-source scripts and tools that make creating a dynamic mission a breeze !

• 2 weeks later...
On 7/13/2021 at 10:34 PM, hlfritz said:

@davidp57  hmmm, so a wipe and new server install fixed your issue?

how do you automate the choice of mission at server start?  do you not leave your server up 24/7 and start it when needed?

thx!

We did not wipe, simply updated version after version and copy/pasted new servers from the configuration of existing ones.

Regarding the mission choice automation, it's done with a tool that writes to the `serverSettings.lua` file. Have a look here.

Zip - VEAF :pilotfly:

If you want to learn, talk and fly with french-speaking friends, the Virtual European Air Force is here for you ! Meet us on our Discord and our forum

If you're a mission creator, you may want to check the VEAF Mission Creation Tools (and its GitHub repository) a set of open-source scripts and tools that make creating a dynamic mission a breeze !