MASSIVE fps drop after update to 2.7

I just fly a quick mission,which with no clouds,and have 90-110fps in 2.5,but now only 60-70fps

通过我的 V1955A 上的 Tapatalk发言

A-10C Warthog,Flaming Cliffs 3,F-16C VIPER,F/A-18C HORNET,Super Carrier,AV-8B Night Attack V/STOL,Mi-8MTV2 Magnificent Eight,Black Shark 2,SA342 Gazelle,UH-1H Huey,Persian Gulf Map,Combined Arms

Intel i7-14700KF| Colorful iGame GeForce RTX 2070 AD Special OC GDDR6 8G | Acer PREDATOR 32g DDR5 6000MHZ | MSI PRO Z790A-MAX | Kingston KC3000 1T SSD M.2 | ST 12T HDD 7200RPM | AOC 2790PQU 27'' 4K |Thrustmaster Hotas Warthog PC

I can confirm a LOT less Performance - loosing ~25 fps!

In my Test Mission i use to verify Performance i just dropped on ground from 92 fps to 67 fps!

Hope this will not stay! 

Not tested Multiplayer but i think it will be same or even more worse. So it´s a no-go for me!

Guess i cant play anymore some time if the multiplayer servers go Beta. Dont even need this clouds to be honest. If it woul be same Performance ok, but this fps drop for clouds is too much!

@Dannyvandelft  I know that the ground is one of the biggest performance impacty but you dont see my problem.

The 67 fps was on a Singleplayer test mission where it was before update ~92 fps on ground. 

When i had in my Test Mission 92 FPS before update, i had in Multiplayer like ~ 60 fps sometimes 50  fps on ground / low fly. Wich is the minimum i want to have!

So when i have -25 fps on my test mission where i verify my performance, i guess i wil also have on Multiplayer now -25 fps after update. So it will drop like t ~35 fps or even lower sometimes. Wich is not acceptable for me. But i will test next days..

@Skins45 Maybe... but then people should wait maybe until VR is improved? They Pay lot money to be the "first" who can play this "new" technology even its not optimized. VR player in my eyes are all like beta testers for them . But if people like to pay and its worth them to have "bad" performance its ok.

Edited by -Relax-

38 minutes ago, Dannyvandelft said:

@-Relax- ..... relax. You can fly just fine at 67 FPS. And that's on the ground where performance takes the biggest hit.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

And what if 67. (or less) is what we were getting before?

Modules: Wright Flyer, Spruce Goose, Voyager 1

Under the motion smoothing threshold VR is highly unimmersive for me. I updated last year to a high and system that could just handle the 45fps in the 2.6 with under average settings and this version has once more brought a performance dump.

I am now getting a lot of stutters with the exact same settings. 

Really getting tired of this

Edited by Charly314159
  • Like 6

4 minutes ago, Charly314159 said:

Under the motion smoothing threshold VR is highly unimmersive for me. I updated last year to a high and system that could just handle the 45fps in the 2.6 with under average settings and this version has once more brought a performance dump.

I am now getting a lot of stutters with the exact same settings. 

Really getting tired of this

No problem just go back to an earlier version, it's that simple.

• Like 1

Something different here. I get no performance hit in 4k at 2080 i9-9430. Syria seems to work even smoother than before 2.7 update.

All this with clouds on High and AO (!) enabled.

Noone seems to register that long awaited Ambient Oclussion is finally here. For me, it's almost as nice as clouds.

• Like 3

...10 years with dcs...

Just now, normanleto said:

Something different here. I get no performance hit in 4k at 2080 i9-9430. Syria seems to work even smoother than before 2.7 update.

All this with clouds on High and AO (!) enabled.

Noone seems to register that long awaited Ambient Oclussion is finally here. For me, it's almost as nice as clouds.

Bump the clouds to extreme, I noticed that I had better performance on extreme compared to high. Maybe even get better performance? 👍

• Like 1

Reformers hate him! This one weird trick found by a bush pilot will make gunfighter obsessed old farts angry at your multi-role carrier deck line up!

I think 2.7 looks extremely promising, but not for my computer.

I'm also having major issues running 2.7...I am getting very low FPM (no more than 30) on my HP Envy laptop. Before I could run this on medium/high-ish graphic settings and it looked beautiful, now I can hardly play on ultra low graphics settings and have the sim constantly crash on me especially when trying to load into the sim. Hopefully this will be addressed in a later update, but I am worried I may be at the end of the line with my computer being able to run this simulator. I am finding low FPM at low altitude or while on the ground, but still very low while in the air to the point there is no use trying to engage any targets, formation, or air refuel. Also mission editor is very laggy.

Not complaining about the update though...this simulator always gets better with every update. All I am saying is don't be surprised if you take a major hit if you have a lower end computer. Might be time to upgrade...?

i5-3570k @4.5GHz, GTX970, 16GB DDR3 @ 1600MHz, 1440p 16:9 display.

~30% fps decrease consistent between all modules.

Same conditions

Same graphic settings (clouds at STANDARD 2.7).

Do not expect fairness.

The times of chivalry and fair competition are long gone.

VR performance is stable for me. I get 90-110 FPS on BuddySpike on the ground without VR on Ultra. It dropped just a littlebit. As I can recall I had 110-120FPS ish on 2.5.

Edited by BioZ

48 minutes ago, Charly314159 said:

Always the same s*****d comments... What about people exclusively flying MP?

It is, and not even only about mutiplayer. singleplayer too.. Should people not update anymore from now on or what? What with new weapons system and so on? 

Sure its nice if the game looks better, maybe also more people will have interest now to play DCS and put money on it, but to play smooth need good computer. So this selling companys will also make more money. Win WIn for all i guess. 

And ofc people can upgrade PC but not all are "lucky" to have enough money to do so. Specialy like nowdays with prices...

Now i waiting for comment like "If you dont have money, play some else" or something like that.... genius..

But thats not the point. It was running great for me, even with my "old" GTX 1060 + 6700k. I spent already money few weeks ago in 32gb RAM to be able to play DCS since long time again and all was good for me with mid-avarge settings 60+ mostly even on ground in multiplayer. 

Is it ED´s Problem that not all people have enough money to play with best Computers? No! But it would be nice if they optimize more before updating so people with lower regs can stil enjoy. 

Hope this will be optimized quick! Should be Priority over some money making projects!

Ofc its a company who need to gain money and cant put all resources into it, but like someone said ~30% fps decrease is hard to take!

Actualy dont want anger too much about it, but i was happy to fly again some more dcs and able to have smooth experience online. Even was on way to buy F16 soon, but not with this performance at the moment. But hey i am only 1 guy so they dont care i guess. Should be more people stop buy, so they re-think about prioritys. But still seems people have enough money. Happy for you guys have fun.

@BioZ i guess you have a "monster" pc. 

• Like 3

I made some quick tests I locked my fps to 50 to avoid overheating and ı didin't see any fps value below 50.

• Like 1

FC3 | UH-1 | Mi-8 | A-10C II | F/A-18 | Ka-50 III | F-14 | F-16 | AH-64 Mi-24 | F-5 | F-15E| F-4| Tornado

Persian Gulf | Nevada | Syria | NS-430 | Supercarrier // Wishlist: CH-53 | UH-60

Youtube

MS FFB2 - TM Warthog - CH Pro Pedals - Trackir 5

Massive FPS Drops.

i7-9700k 3.60GHz - 16GB RAM - RTX 2080Ti - running on a SSD

Clouds "Standard"

AD ASTRA PER ASPERA

DCS: Flaming Cliffs 3 - DCS: Yak-52 - DCS: M-2000C - DCS: F-16C Viper - DCS: A-10C II Tank Killer - DCS: F/A-18C Hornet - DCS: AV-8B Night Attack V/STOL - DCS: Supercarrier -

DCS: Mi-24P Hind - DCS: AH-64D Apache - DCS: Syria - DCS: Persian Gulf - DCS: Caucasus - DCS: Marianas - DCS: South Atlantic

Wishlist #1: Ground crew, vehicles and support equipment on busy Air Base platforms. Wishlist #2: Douglas A-4 Skyhawk (early series)

A-4.jpg

i know my GTX1070 is a grandpa now, but with mixture of high-to-medium'ish settings I was pretty much never going below 60 fps in 2.5.6 with it (on flat 1440p screen). Now, flying around in TF-51 "hot start" mission, I'm getting down to 30-42 fps when looking at the cities and forrests, not even at these lovely clouds. Something's causing pretty hefty performance hit apart from the clouds it seems. Improved water, shadows maybe? Will have to investigate closer in upcoming days.

• Like 1

i7 9700K @ stock speed, single GTX1070, 32 gigs of RAM, TH Warthog, MFG Crosswind, Win10.

Same here, noticeable with a 3090. 

F-18C Free flight in Syria (with new clouds) I get around 60-70fps while before it was around 90 (all settings maxed out, res is 1440p widescreen)

I noticed that trees shadows now render with a "soft edge" when flying closer to them as opposed to before where they would stay with a "sharp edge". You can clearly see the transition from the "low res shadow" to the "high res shadow" when approaching the trees.

Didn't have much time to test today but I haven't changed my settings from what I had in 2.5.6 to see which one in particular has this "feature"

BTW 2.7 with new clouds + Syria looks amazing 

ASUS ROG STRIX Z490 F-GAMING | i7-10700K | RTX3090 TUF OC | 32GB DDR4 3200Mhz | Windows 10 64bit | Acer Predator X34P | TrackIR 5 | TM Warthog | TM T.Flight Rudder Pedals

A-10C | A-10C II | F/A-18C | F-16C | FC3 | PG | Syria | SC

Home made F-16C simulator
Forum Thread: DCS World forum - The Viper Project - Home Cockpits Instagram: 1583142 copia.jpg The Viper Project YouTube youtube-icon-512x512-874lspju.png The Viper Project - Youtube channel