MASSIVE fps drop after update to 2.7

Hmmn, I had really dodgy performance after the update (probably due having HAGS on) but now after couple of tweaks I got more or less steady 45 fps.

Settings: 

Both textures on High

Water on High

Civ Traffic Low

View Distance High

Shadows Low

Clouds Standard

Everything else Off on the left side, right side, all the sliders all the way to right except gamma of course.

Global Illumination on

AF 16X

Ground shadows Flat

Pixel Density 1.2

Steam SS 130% (2516X2464 per eye resolution)

but I had to resort installing the updated Kegetys Shader mod.

For Nvidia control panels settings, I just copied what Speed-of-heat had
image.pngimage.pngimage.png
Looking at tower on SC deck is still heavy, but not unplayable:

image.png

But I think HAGS was the one major change I did to cure the frametimes.

• Like 1

Ryzen 5900X, MSI Gaming TrioX 3090, ASUS Rog Strix X570-E Gaming, 62GB Kingston HyperX @ 3600MHz, 2 X 1TB Samsung EVO M.2 NVMe, Watercooled with Kraken X62, Thrustmaster Warthog Hotas w/ Deltasim Slew upgrade, HP Reverb Pro G1 V2

50 minutes ago, Anteuz said:

Hmmn, I had really dodgy performance after the update (probably due having HAGS on) but now after couple of tweaks I got more or less steady 45 fps.

Settings: 

Both textures on High

Water on High

Civ Traffic Low

View Distance High

Shadows Low

Clouds Standard

Everything else Off on the left side, right side, all the sliders all the way to right except gamma of course.

Global Illumination on

AF 16X

Ground shadows Flat

Pixel Density 1.2

Steam SS 130% (2516X2464 per eye resolution)

but I had to resort installing the updated Kegetys Shader mod.

For Nvidia control panels settings, I just copied what Speed-of-heat had
image.pngimage.pngimage.png
Looking at tower on SC deck is still heavy, but not unplayable:

image.png

But I think HAGS was the one major change I did to cure the frametimes.

How much fps did you have before the update?

Today I reinstalled DCS completely from scratch including the saved games folder and it did not improve the performance. It went from my favorite helicopter simulator into an unenjoyable mess. It isn’t fun to hover on the ground with low fps. If it stays like this in the stable and I won’t have the option to downgrade, all the money I have put into this game is burned.

Edited by Cabri
  • Like 2

I had more or less solid 45 as running always on reprojection. After update, It dropped to 30 something range and was 20 something over Damascus. This was HAGS on and using 2.5.6 settings (same than above, but 1.0 PD, 170% Steam SS, water medium).

Edited by Anteuz

Ryzen 5900X, MSI Gaming TrioX 3090, ASUS Rog Strix X570-E Gaming, 62GB Kingston HyperX @ 3600MHz, 2 X 1TB Samsung EVO M.2 NVMe, Watercooled with Kraken X62, Thrustmaster Warthog Hotas w/ Deltasim Slew upgrade, HP Reverb Pro G1 V2

Hi everyone,

If you have installed these Windows 10 updates, uninstall them as a test. (KB5001330, KB5001337 and KB5000842)

Source: reddit

As a preliminary measure, you can also try to set the Windows power plan to "High performance" or "Ultimate performance".

Other source in German: computerbase

@fargo007, this is true. I always forget that I'm running a beta release. I've tweaked some settings in my Nvidia CP, and brought my fps back up. Not to 90s of course, but I expected to trade frames for visuals. Now I just have to snoop around and see what might be causing the 2nd mission opening CTD.

And I will execute vengeance in anger and fury upon the heathen, such as they have not heard.

Micah 5:15

8 hours ago, Spger40 said:

Hi everyone,

If you have installed these Windows 10 updates, uninstall them as a test. (KB5001330, KB5001337 and KB5000842)

As a preliminary measure, you can also try to set the Windows power plan to "High performance" or "Ultimate performance".

Actualy i gived up already, but indeed i have installed that "KB5001330" update. Unfortunatly i can not uninstall it, not with any way i found on www..

So i will give it a last try and make a new clean win 10 install. Last chance, but i doubt it will bring anything as i still dont have problems in stable version!  But what does the stable version brings me when all full Multplayer PvP servers like Grownling Sidewinders go Beta.... Damn 2.7.. well done ED

I will tell tomorrow how it goes with clean windows.......

When I first updated to 2.7 I had a big performance drop. FPS were down 10-15 on average and stuttering like crazy and frame times were through the roof. I played around with settings but the only thing that really helped was backing off on pixel density. 

So I started rolling all the things I had done with past "optimization" guides and tips out there. I turned off hags, updated my nvidia driver, Uninstalled DCS and backed up and then deleted my saved games folder. I reinstalled DCS and then cranked my settings back to where they were but ceased using OTT and just set my pixel density in DCS and started flying and everything was flawless and stable. I see some people did this and it hasn't help them, but for some like myself maybe it will. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, -Relax- said:

Actualy i gived up already, but indeed i have installed that "KB5001330" update. Unfortunatly i can not uninstall it, not with any way i found on www..

So i will give it a last try and make a new clean win 10 install. Last chance, but i doubt it will bring anything as i still dont have problems in stable version!  But what does the stable version brings me when all full Multplayer PvP servers like Grownling Sidewinders go Beta.... Damn 2.7.. well done ED

I will tell tomorrow how it goes with clean windows.......

I feel for you. 

Why don’t you just reinstall 2.5.6 and wait until ED gets 2.7 squared away?

On 4/18/2021 at 6:22 AM, zerO_crash said:

Just finished reinstalling DCS from scratch. All the stutters are gone, frame rate is better than in 2.5.6. and I even gained some 80GB in sheer space on my SSD (apparently there were many leftover files from old DCS updates). I can definitely recommend everyone to reinstall their DCS, the effect is amazing.

Yeah I have tried everything like deleting saved games folder, rolling back my graphic driver to 461.72. Nothing worked.

I am going to try reinstalling DCS now. Also deleted saved games folder again before uninstalling the game. 

Also it's really weird that the FPS loss does not occur when you look at the sky with the fancy new clouds. Instead it happens when you are flying low or looking at crowded areas like cities or airports with heavy traffic, and the loss is around 30% compare to 2.5.6. I wonder if ED are taking at look at this issue. 

Since this was not listed under “known issues” of the changelog I asked the support team about it. The answer was: “DCS World has added new clouds, improved graphical effects and much more,
therefore DCS requires more powerful hardware. […] You cannot revert the water display to the previous version[…]“

Really hope it gets sorted out, since I am not in the position, now should i have to buy a new PC. The performance be optimized with time (take X-Plane as a role model), not worse in my opinion -> so people loose the ability to play the game they paid for.

Reinstalled completely and no optimization tips helped unfortunately.

6 minutes ago, Drag80 said:

The real problem is the un availability of graphic cards. 

Found one... RTX3090 @ 2389.-€ 😂

"Landing on the ship during the daytime is like sex, it's either good or it's great. Landing on the ship at night is like a trip to the dentist, you may get away with no pain, but you just don't feel comfortable"

— LCDR Thomas Quinn, USN.

1 hour ago, Drag80 said:

The real problem is the un availability of graphic cards. 

The real problem ist that DCS has an old graphics engine, which is not able to use the advantages of the modern graphics cards optimally. Another problem is that ED is using high end rigs to develope DCS, but 80% of all gamers out there just have older or midrange gaming computers. So there don't know what does it mean to play such a simulator with all these restrictions you need to accept to run it smoothly.

But that's not only a problem of ED. Almost all software companies (not only for games) developing there products for the upper 20% of customers. With a new graphics engine and an optimized source code DCS would run with all high details also on a 5 years old gaming rig smoothly.

Edited by Ithronwise
  • Like 3

ASUS ROG Strix B450-F Gaming, AMD Ryzen 3800X, 64 GB Corsair Vengeance LPX DDR4-3000, ASUS TUF Gaming Radeon RX 6800 XT, Samsung 970 EVO M.2 NVMe 250 GB (OS), Samsung 970 EVO M.2 NVMe 1 TB (DCS World), Gigabyte G27QC Gaming Monitor, DelanClip Gamer, WINWING F-16EX Metal Flightstick with Orion2 Joystick Base, WINWING F-15EX II Metal Throttle with Orion2 Throttle Base, WINWING PTO 2 Take Off Panel, VIRPIL Controls Ace Flight Pedals, Buddy-Fox A-10C UFC, Thrustmaster MFD Cougar Pack, Windows 10 Pro

18 hours ago, Spger40 said:

Hi everyone,

How do I uninstall those Windows updates? I can't seem to find the option anywhere.

Specs: Win10, i5-13600KF, 32GB DDR4 RAM 3200XMP, 1 TB M2 NVMe SSD, KFA2 RTX3090, VR G2 Headset, Warthog Throttle+Saitek Pedals+MSFFB2  Joystick. 

3 hours ago, Cabri said:

Since this was not listed under “known issues” of the changelog I asked the support team about it. The answer was: “DCS World has added new clouds, improved graphical effects and much more,
therefore DCS requires more powerful hardware. […] You cannot revert the water display to the previous version[…]“

Really hope it gets sorted out, since I am not in the position, now should i have to buy a new PC. The performance be optimized with time (take X-Plane as a role model), not worse in my opinion -> so people loose the ability to play the game they paid for.

Reinstalled completely and no optimization tips helped unfortunately.

LOL:

• ED Team
43 minutes ago, jurinko said:

Preliminary stats from facebook poll about 2.7:

For 85% it runs the same or better than 2.5.6, for 15% worse. 

Screenshot_20210419-204948_Messenger.jpg

seems about right with the feedback we have been getting also. 

I appreciate those of you having performance issues, we know you are not making it up, PC's can be a mystery sometimes, I have said before I have seen the same machines perform differently for no apparent reason and it can be frustrating. 

We will continue to optimise and look at individual cases, try to help where we can. 

thanks

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

smallCATPILOT.PNG.04bbece1b27ff1b2c193b174ec410fc0.PNG

Forum rules - DCS Crashing? Try this first - Cleanup and Repair - Discord BIGNEWY#8703 - Youtube - Patch Status

Windows 11, NVIDIA MSI RTX 3090, Intel® i9-10900K 3.70GHz, 5.30GHz Turbo, Corsair Hydro Series H150i Pro, 64GB DDR @3200, ASUS ROG Strix Z490-F Gaming, HP Reverb G2

19 hours ago, Cab said:

I feel for you. 

Why don’t you just reinstall 2.5.6 and wait until ED gets 2.7 squared away?

Because Server like Growling Sidewinder host on Beta. 

@BIGNEWY again no hardware info from that feedback. If they run high end rig ofc it could be better, specially  as it seems ED optimized more the "new" high end hardware

Anyway i hope you get it optimized, thx. Still enough have problems.

BTW:  New clean install win 10 doesnt helped for me, still same like before.

Stable= smooth and Beta= -30% Performance

So im done. I  can´t do anymore, it is in your hand now.

6700k 4.0 ghz, GTX 1060 6gb, 32gb ram 3000mhz

The log files in the first page or so with screens, don´t have them anymore after new windows.

greets and thx

With my VR setting (Quest 2 and a 3070) there is a fps drop of about 30%. Because I have 2.5 and 2.7 on my SSD it was easy to spot the difference. But nice to hear that there are a lot of people without framedrops.

12700k | 3090 | 64GB DDR4 | WD SN850X | Quest 3

14 hours ago, Lurker said:

How do I uninstall those Windows updates? I can't seem to find the option anywhere.

Control panel

Uninstall programs 

Top left uninstall windows updates 

Choose the update . 

• Thanks 1

Gigabyte - X570 UD ~ Ryzen - 5600X @ 4.7 - Pulse - RX-6800 -  XPG 32:GB @ 3200 - VKB - Gunfighter 4 - STECs - Throttle - Crosswinds Rudders - Trackir 5 .

I'm a dot . Pico Nero 3 link VR . @ 4k

Win 11 Pro 64Bit .

FB bricked my Oculus. You must now have a FB account and log in to use VR. No big deal but FB has locked my account for TOS breakage. It seems I am too young "57" and for my "safety" and other vague community reasons FB wants a original copy of either a DL, a B certificate, passport, bank financial records or a SSN. A incredible request from a company that openly sells your personal information and no telling who has access. The terms even say any pictures or date post is THEIRS and they own it.

I hope nobody gave them such personal data just to use VR.

Edited by JIMJAM