Cannot See Any New Volumetric Clouds

Hi all,

I apologize if I'm missing something really basic here, but after updating DCS to 2.7, I don't see any of the new volumetric clouds. I updated cloud quality to its highest setting in graphics, but I can't figure out how to generate the new clouds. I also tried creating a custom mission and changed the weather settings to cloudy/precipitation/etc., but still no dice. 

Any help here would be much appreciated!

There is another thread in the VR bugs section making the same observation.  I fly in VR and updated and didn't see any improvement in the cloud rendering even with it set to ultra.  I'm running a reverb G2 with a 2080ti.  Frame rates are good and the sim runs smoothly in 2.7, but the clouds are just white and featureless.  After all the amazing videos posted I have to think that something is missing with the patch.  Hopefully someone back at the mothership can identify the issue and get a fix out soon.  Disappointing with the delays, but I know the team wants this to live up to what was advertised.

• Like 1

Thanks for posting the mission editor guide, but I already created a variety of missions using different weather customized in the mission editor and no joy on the cloud textures... everything appears as white featureless cotton balls.  If there are other settings which might impact how the clouds are drawn that would be good to know, but setting clouds on Ultra or lower didn't have an impact.

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, cdjung1 said:

If there are other settings which might impact how the clouds are drawn that would be good to know, but setting clouds on Ultra or lower didn't have an impact.

There is no magic on/off switch in settings. You "enable" the new clouds by selecting any of the new presets in the ME. If you done that correctly, the classic controls (thickness/density/precipitations) should disappear.

Edit. It's not clear from your post if you cannot see the new clouds at all, or simply don't like how they look. A screenshot might help.

Edited by Minsky

Dima | My DCS uploads

13 hours ago, Minsky said:

Screenshot - Thu 15 Apr , 05_14_59.png

Thank you for posting that! Didn't realize I could click that box for the new clouds until I saw your post.

PC: MSI X670E, Ryzen 9 7900X, 64GB DDR5 RAM, RTX 3090 Ti, TM Warthog HOTAS, Saitek Pro Flight pedals, Opentrack

Link to my Youtube Channel: https://www.youtube.com/c/DieselThunderAviation

Commander, 62nd Virtual Fighter Squadron

Join the 62nd VFS today! Link to our discord server: https://discord.gg/Z25BSKk84s

Patch_v1.2 small.jpg

On 4/14/2021 at 10:17 PM, cdjung1 said:

There is another thread in the VR bugs section making the same observation.  I fly in VR and updated and didn't see any improvement in the cloud rendering even with it set to ultra.  I'm running a reverb G2 with a 2080ti.  Frame rates are good and the sim runs smoothly in 2.7, but the clouds are just white and featureless.  After all the amazing videos posted I have to think that something is missing with the patch.  Hopefully someone back at the mothership can identify the issue and get a fix out soon.  Disappointing with the delays, but I know the team wants this to live up to what was advertised.

i have the same config, i will give it a try