POST FIX HERE - 2.7 update messed up my 3-screen setup

ChuckIV

Installed 2.7 update today, and now my 3-screen setup is messed up.  The opening screen shows up on my 3rd (farthest to the right) screen, and it's all scrunched up (can't see text because it's compressed).

Is there a 3camera.lua file fix for this?  ...or is there something you figured out to fix this?  PLEASE POST HERE any helpful info.  thanks!!

ChuckIV

"Never in the field of human conflict was so much owed by so many to so few." Winston Churchill

SYSTEM:

Processor - Intel® Core i9-9900KF CPU @ 3.60GHz 3600MHz water-cooled

Installed memory (RAM) - 32.0 GB

64-bit Operating System, x64-based processor

Windows 10 & DCS on SSD

Video Card - water-cooled NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2080 Ti

Internet: Cable 200Mbps 12Mbps

Thanks FroZone - That helped. It is working again thank you

• Like 1

"Never in the field of human conflict was so much owed by so many to so few." Winston Churchill

SYSTEM:

Processor - Intel® Core i9-9900KF CPU @ 3.60GHz 3600MHz water-cooled

Installed memory (RAM) - 32.0 GB

64-bit Operating System, x64-based processor

Windows 10 & DCS on SSD

Video Card - water-cooled NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2080 Ti

Internet: Cable 200Mbps 12Mbps

@FroZone: Can you explain what these statements do?

useAbsoluteFOV = true;
        useAbsoluteAnglesShift = true;
        FOV = 1.121219;
        viewDx = -0.000000;
        viewDy = 0.000000;

Since 2.7 I have issues with one of my 2-monitor setups. It comes up not using the allocated screen width and I have to rightclick in the task bar icon as if I wanted to launch a second instance. This makes it display correctly with a little error message that it cannot launch a second instance, which I just close. I attach the .lua file.

Can you spot what's wrong?

Note: the IFEI reference is defined in the "IFEI_init.lua" and works fine with another multi-monitor config.

Camera+FA-18_Big AMPCD.lua

LeCuvier

Windows 10 Pro 64Bit | i7-4790 CPU |16 GB RAM|SSD System Disk|SSD Gaming Disk| MSI GTX-1080 Gaming 8 GB| Acer XB270HU | TM Warthog HOTAS | VKB Gladiator Pro | MongoosT-50 | MFG Crosswind Pedals | TrackIR 5

Finally, 2.7 fixed a bug that was bugging me (pun intended) for a long time.

Until now all screens and views coordinates were counted from top left corner of all screens. Now it's counted from top left corner of primarey screen.

Which is great, thanks to that I can leave my second monitor on the left and it's not blanked out, but I can use desktop.

• Like 1

On 4/19/2021 at 1:16 AM, LeCuvier said:

useAbsoluteFOV = true;
        FOV = 1.121219;
        viewDx = -0.000000;
        viewDy = 0.000000;

Since 2.7 I have issues with one of my 2-monitor setups. It comes up not using the allocated screen width and I have to rightclick in the task bar icon as if I wanted to launch a second instance. This makes it display correctly with a little error message that it cannot launch a second instance, which I just close. I attach the .lua file.

Note: the IFEI reference is defined in the "IFEI_init.lua" and works fine with another multi-monitor config.

Camera+FA-18_Big AMPCD.lua 813 B · 5 downloads

I really cannot I dont understand this/your LUA myself. Your LUA is only using 1 monitor and MFCD, and some other display, I am using three monitors so its a little more straight forward, lower the value closer to the nose, higher number the further away from the nose. Sorry I can't help more 😞

On 4/19/2021 at 1:16 AM, LeCuvier said:

useAbsoluteFOV = true;
        FOV = 1.121219;
        viewDx = -0.000000;
        viewDy = 0.000000;

Camera+FA-18_Big AMPCD.lua 813 B · 7 downloads

Update check out this video I just found on YouTube it explains all the settings in the monitor LUA 

On 4/20/2021 at 12:35 AM, Foka said:

Finally, 2.7 fixed a bug that was bugging me (pun intended) for a long time.

Until now all screens and views coordinates were counted from top left corner of all screens. Now it's counted from top left corner of primarey screen.

Which is great, thanks to that I can leave my second monitor on the left and it's not blanked out, but I can use desktop.

I just found out the problem as my 2.5 install (with MFDs on the left of main) is working pretty fine but 2.7 is offset with the same lua file.

Hopefully the LUA now supports negative value coordinates with exported screens on the left then?

Have a Bandit Day

Red Dog

[sIGPIC]

http://www.ravico.com/ST/perso/Sig_generale.png

[/sIGPIC]

by the looks of it, it still does not work.
Seems the "-" sign is not recognized in the LUA files preventing negative coordinates for screens placed on the left of main.

Too bad because there is really no reasons to prevent us to place secondary monitors to the left of main.

Actually, it's a safest process to have them on the left rather than the right side because when a shift of resolution happens on the main monitor, the secondary placed on the left are not shifted while the right ones are shifted as well.

If any one know how to do it, I'd love to hear about it. 
Thanks

Have a Bandit Day

Red Dog

[sIGPIC]

http://www.ravico.com/ST/perso/Sig_generale.png

[/sIGPIC]

• 1 month later...

Here is a comparison of the effects of the FOV, useAbsoluteFOV, etc. lines in the .lua  with FOV on the top and omitted on the bottom in 3 views.  I see no difference.  Do you?

image.png

Edited by Iceman555

VR rig - stinkin' cool!

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Can someone please tell me how to change the angle on the side monitors of a triple screen setup? I have a 34" 3440x1400 in the center, and two 1920x1200, 24 inches on the sides. I have configured properly, but the angles of the sides are 90º.

On 8/6/2021 at 10:33 PM, FroZone said:

Yes it is

Is F-E worth it? I am surprised there is nothing in your file that would state anything on lens correction (while I don't expect DCS to have any means of doing so, how F-E for example does that for dome projection is beyond me), and the view stretching in my setup is quite a bit annoying. I am reluctant still to pay that sort of money for a video config option, if one prefers to look at it that way.

• 7 months later...

@FroZone

I tried your config on my triple screen setup, and the camera viewports on the outer screens are no longer distorted, good that, but: it only owrk at a certain eye level. When I move my head up or down the outer screens tilt. (And I cannot zoom with the slider anymore, but that's the minor side quest). Do you have this, too? I can upload a video if unclear.

_ = function(p) return p; end;
name = _('triple_forum');
Description = 'Exported configuration with 3 projectors'
Viewports =
{
	P1 =
	{
		x = 0;
		y = 0;
		width = 1920;
		height = 1200;
		aspect = 1.777778;