How to turn on runway lights during daytime low visibility approach?

I just flew the Viggen anti-shipping quick action mission in the Persian Gulf.  It has some awesome weather with heavy clouds and intermittent rain.  It requires you to make good use of the TILS to land at Khasab on runway 19 in near zero visibility almost to the deck.  However, I couldn't get Khasab ATC to turn on the runway lights for me to help me pick up the runway visually.  Is there a way to get daytime runway lights, or is it just not possible?

(As an aside, I also couldn't get the AI ATC to move past the initial approach vector.  After flying that vector, there was never an update with approach information nor a comms menu option to request landing clearance.  Maybe a state problem related to the lights issue?)

"Subsonic is below Mach 1, supersonic is up to Mach 5. Above Mach 5 is hypersonic. And reentry from space, well, that's like Mach a lot."

On 4/15/2021 at 4:35 AM, IvanK said:

Its a limitation. Rwy and Approach lights are Time dependent only. It would be nice to Have a ATC option for the pilot to call for them.

Or have the lights turn on automatically whenever the weather at the field is IMC (a simple "ceilings less than X or visibility less than Y" check would do)?

• Like 3

"Raven" | 667th Black Knights / 51st VFW

3 hours ago, twillis said:

Or have the lights turn on automatically whenever the weather at the field is IMC (a simple "ceilings less than X or visibility less than Y" check would do)?

Would be nice if the AI ATC gave that info as well, wouldn't it?

"Subsonic is below Mach 1, supersonic is up to Mach 5. Above Mach 5 is hypersonic. And reentry from space, well, that's like Mach a lot."

+1

Runways lights isn't turned on at times we would need  them. That is also the case for some ILS in some situations... 

I also find the truck threshold lights  to be very anoying.

It would be nice to get rid of these trucks and maybe replace it with proper approach lights. ALSF2 type would be so nice at major airports. Though a bit overkill for smaller ones!