HARM - target distance from designated waypoint?

Meyomyx

Does anybody know the limits on distance of the emitter from the designated waypoint? Experimenting with the new PB modes. All HARMs missed. From what I could see they ended up impacting at the designated waypoint ... which suggests that the targets were too far away? 1.5 nm doesn't seem like it should be a problem - but there must be an algorithm for the relationship. Then again, maybe I just did sommink wrong! 🙂

You probably did something wrong.

I was lofting a HARM yesterday in PB on a Rapier. Unfortunately, there was another Rapier around 20NM or more from the waypoint between me and the waypoint. The HARM went for that one instead, so 1.5 NM should be well within range.

Yeah what Bunny said. You may need to weasel your own HARM to get the SAM to emit and stay emitting until the missile reaches its target. I assume that's why there is information in PB mode about your ETA to target, as well as the missile's ETA. I find flying on the fringe of the radar range ring in the SA page is a good strategy, that way you can fly out of range if fired upon.