Mission 13 on DCS 2.7

In DCS 2.5xx this mission had almost cloudless clear blue skies but the 2.7xx update has filled the AO with lovely fluffy clouds that obscure the area from view for me and my flight forcing us down into the engagement range of the SA-19 which results in the wingfolks eating a SAM for brunch. It's not really a bug just wondered if the weather conditions will be changed as the original mission design had us at 16000ft which is not possible anymore. Apart from that i liked the campaign alot and would recommend anyone give it shot.

I checked some of the missions and decided to keep the new cloud settings (I tried to recreate the density and altitudes from the original version). This may add new life to the campaign for the vets and is quite realistic - you would fly all these missions anyway, no matter the clouds probably. So unless something becomes unplayable, I will leave them as they are. 

ce535d_9d347b62819c4372b3c485a4f95d2004~mv2.png

• 8 months later...

Is it just me or are these missions in 2.7 harder due to bad FLIR image contrast when clouds are present? I did read about it some time ago in forum, now I got back to playing A-10C, thought this was somehow improved... Seems not, I'm failing mission 13 as I spend too much time on searching for targets. I see in old YT videos it was much easier. Now you have to zoom in at exact position to spot something, it seems that before it was less frustrating. Any ideas, except turning on position markings? If not, I hope there is some was to fix this without removing clouds.

Screenshots of TGP are all of same 3*AAA at PAPA. 

From YT video: 

WHOT_old.png

Screenshots from my play:

WHOT_new.png

BHOT_new.png

• 4 months later...
Is it just me or are these missions in 2.7 harder due to bad FLIR image contrast when clouds are present? I did read about it some time ago in forum, now I got back to playing A-10C, thought this was somehow improved... Seems not, I'm failing mission 13 as I spend too much time on searching for targets. I see in old YT videos it was much easier. Now you have to zoom in at exact position to spot something, it seems that before it was less frustrating. Any ideas, except turning on position markings? If not, I hope there is some was to fix this without removing clouds.
Screenshots of TGP are all of same 3*AAA at PAPA. 
From YT video: 
WHOT_old.png.198848689440227b70707f6a6a5c281e.png
Screenshots from my play:
WHOT_new.png.fcf367fa88b533f6237aba61d39bf311.png
BHOT_new.png.2063b2b34030776c87cf1ce8a501a9c7.png
Yea since the tgp is not the best anymore in 2.7 it's much more difficult now to locate targets. The cloud layer also does not help with this. I tried telling wingmen to engage air defenses first so I could at least circle around under the clouds. I haven't passed the mission yet so I think this one will take me a bunch of tries with the current tgp lighting and cloud layer.

Asus ROG Strix Z790-E | Core i9 13900K-NZXT Kraken X73 AIO | 32GB DDR5 G Skill Neo 6600mhz | 2TB Sk Hynix P41 Platinum nvme |1TB Evo 970 Plus nvme | OCZ Trion 150 960GB | 256GB Samsung 830 | 1TB Samsung 850 EVO | Gigabyte OC 4090  | Phanteks P600S | 1000W MSI  MPG A1000G | LG C2 42 Evo 3840x2160 @ 120hz