VR Mask is not showing

ShaunX

The new release is running perfectly on my rig with one exception, I'm not seeing the new VR Mask on my screen mirror. My screen still has the normal square shape. I believe it's supposed to be on by default ?

My spec is in my sig, I'm using a Reverb G2. Other Reverb G2 users are seeing the VR Mask as default.

DCS Log attached. dcs.log

RYZEN 5900X | 32GB | ASUS Strix RTX3090 | 500GB NVMe OS 1000GB NVMe DCS | Warthog HOTAS | HP Reverb G2 | VA & ViacomPRO

My DCS Apps:    Radio KAOS for DCS      KB Quick - Quick and Easy Kneeboards

Hey Shaun,

its not meant to appear in the hanger only in flight.

SYSTEM SPECS: Hardware Intel Corei7-12700KF @ 5.1/5.3p & 3.8e GHz, 64Gb RAM, 4090 FE, Dell S2716DG, Virpil T50CM3 Throttle, WinWIng Orion 2 & F-16EX + MFG Crosswinds V2, Varjo Aero
SOFTWARE: Microsoft Windows 11, VoiceAttack & VAICOM PRO

1569924735_WildcardsBadgerFAASig.jpg.dbb8c2a337e37c2bfb12855f86d70fd5.jpg

I am having the same issue, my render mask didn't automatically show up as I read it is for others. Quest 2 Virtual Desktop. Is there a .lua that I can edit for that somewhere potentially?

F-14 / F/A-18 /FC3 / Huey / PG 

Steam Version - i7-10700, 2060 Super, 32 GB 3200 mhz RAM, Quest 2 (Virtual Desktop), Reverb G2

odd.. i assume you have run a repair?  do you use Kegety's shaders or my variant? if so did you uninstall it before the update ?

SYSTEM SPECS: Hardware Intel Corei7-12700KF @ 5.1/5.3p & 3.8e GHz, 64Gb RAM, 4090 FE, Dell S2716DG, Virpil T50CM3 Throttle, WinWIng Orion 2 & F-16EX + MFG Crosswinds V2, Varjo Aero

10 hours ago, speed-of-heat said:

odd.. i assume you have run a repair?  do you use Kegety's shaders or my variant? if so did you uninstall it before the update ?

I actually didn't remove your Kegetys' variant before 2.7, just cleared fxo and metashaders2 (because stupidly, I didn't install it with OvGME!).

Almost scared to run a repair as it's running so well but will remove mods as try that later today. Thanks.

RYZEN 5900X | 32GB | ASUS Strix RTX3090 | 500GB NVMe OS 1000GB NVMe DCS | Warthog HOTAS | HP Reverb G2 | VA & ViacomPRO

I had this same experience. I didn't even know a mask had been added until I saw screenshots of it. 

Not sure which of these steps solved it, but here's what I did:

1) Uninstalled all mods (used to use Kegetys)

2) Deleted FXO/metashaders in both saved games and for terrains

3) Deleted DCS/Bazar/Shaders entirely

4) Repair using full file scan and removal of extra files

The mask only shows up in cockpit so load into a plane to check. 

• Like 1

interestingly i always do 1 and 4 before any update 

I also do not have a mask. I even tried deleting and reinstalling from scratch. even deleted the saved games/dcs folder in order for DCS to rebuild it. Still not there. the mirror just shows the full unmasked picture, even when flying.

Quest folks, I think I've diagnosed the render mask issue, it turns out that if I run DCS under steamVR that I don't get the mask but I do in Oculus software. In the above steps I think I reverted to oculus while trouble shooting the issue. When I went back into SteamVr I had the same problems.

Can anyone else running steamvr for reshade confirm they don't have the mask? I'm wondering if the mask is absent or set to a wider FOV given that the quest has one of the smallest FOVs out there.

I run under steamVR and I get the mask on my G2 and ShaunX has the G2 and doesnt ...  

Ok, I removed mods (only ReshadeVR_sharpen_color and shaders IC) then did a full repair (with search for extra files - which were removed to backup)

Still no mask in flight

Also tried clearing fxo (I never get anything in metashaders2), still nothing

I'm running a G2 via SteamVR

My settings a literally almost identical to @speed-of-heat's so not sure what other differences we have...apart from Intel V AMD ?

Any more ideas ?

Edited by ShaunX

12 hours ago, ShaunOfTheFuzz said:

Quest folks, I think I've diagnosed the render mask issue, it turns out that if I run DCS under steamVR that I don't get the mask but I do in Oculus software. In the above steps I think I reverted to oculus while trouble shooting the issue. When I went back into SteamVr I had the same problems.

Can anyone else running steamvr for reshade confirm they don't have the mask? I'm wondering if the mask is absent or set to a wider FOV given that the quest has one of the smallest FOVs out there.

Hey, confirming your hypothesis.

I did a completely new install of the common folder/new saved games folder, and when running Quest 2 via Virtual desktop and used the "Launch in Steam VR mode" - no mask.

When running Quest 2 via link cable and "Launch in Oculus VR Mode"- mask

Edited by Owl 1

F-14 / F/A-18 /FC3 / Huey / PG 

Steam Version - i7-10700, 2060 Super, 32 GB 3200 mhz RAM, Quest 2 (Virtual Desktop), Reverb G2

19 minutes ago, speed-of-heat said:

Hey @ShaunXdid you ever use an oculus headset?

No mate, I was a virtual virgin before the G2. My only Quest was to save myself for this marriage made in heaven.

It's really only a minor irritation and my performance seems unchanged anyway. I'm sure ED have bigger fish to fry at the moment.

37 minutes ago, ShaunX said:

No mate, I was a virtual virgin before the G2. My only Quest was to save myself for this marriage made in heaven.

It's really only a minor irritation and my performance seems unchanged anyway. I'm sure ED have bigger fish to fry at the moment.

..that said, could it be something like monitor resolution ? I use an ultrawide at 3440 x 1440, which I imagine is not that common. Must be some common factor I guess.

try changing the display resolution and see ?

stupid question the mask file is there and you havent fiddled with it ?

HMDMask.fx  that is in the bazar/shader folder?

Yes and I ain't touched it.

Interestingly it has a modified date/time at the time I implemented it so maybe its content was calculated then based on my build at the time (I hadn't removed kegetys then)

image.png

Would you mind sharing your version and I'll compare ?

..this is my version

HMDMask.fx

Edited by ShaunX

Quest 2 here, after beginning from 0 when I introduced OTT in the equation is when the mask was not showing, maybe because I had a smaller FOV. Reset it to default and closed the app and now I can see the mask again. Now I have to try steamVR and the openVR mod without OTT.