VR Mask is not showing

ShaunX

Really dumb question, but what is the VR mask? What is it’s purpose? I use an Oculus Rift S in Oculus with a 3840 x 2160 4K monitor, but I haven’t used the VR since downloading Open Beta 2.7. I don’t remember ever hearing about any thing called a VR mask.

When all else fails, READ THE INSTRUCTIONS!

i-7 8700K Coffee Lake 5 GHz OC CPU, 32GB Corsair 3200 RAM, GTX1080 Ti 11Gb VRAM. Controls - Thrustmaster Warthog H.O.T.A.S., Saitek Pro rudder pedals, TrackIR 5, Oculus Rift S, Rift CV1

I think it is caused by the VR Headset settings.

I deleted fxo and metashade2 folders under "my games"

Then deleted the shader folder in the main DCS fokder and ran a "Repair all files".

I forgot to start the Oculus tray tool before starting DCS and the mask showed up on my monitor.

I then quit DCS, ran the OTT, startet DCS and the mask was gone.

With OTT I set pixel density to 1.7 and set FOV to 0.70 x 0.75.

FPS before and after (with or without the mask visible) was the same.

Do botyom mije is that You shouldn't be worried that the mask isn't visible, since it probably cones down to some of Your other settings.

As long as the sim runs smooth everything is fine/.

i7-10700K 3.8-5.1Ghz, 32GB RAM, RTX 4070 12GB, 1 x 1 TB SSD, 2 x 2TB SSD2 TB,  1 x 2 TBHDD 7200 RPM, Win10 Home 64bit, Meta Quest 3.

3 hours ago, fjacobsen said:

I think it is caused by the VR Headset settings.

I deleted fxo and metashade2 folders under "my games"

Then deleted the shader folder in the main DCS fokder and ran a "Repair all files".

I keep seeing this so I gotta ask.

I have not seen any files in the Meta Shaders 2 folder under Saved Games in months now.

Are you guys really still getting files in that folder to delete? And if so, wonder why I no longer get them in there?

Yeah I still get the FXO files and I delete them at every update. But Meta Shaders 2 - nope, not in some time now. Never show anything in that folder any more.

Edited by dburne

Don B

EVGA Z390 Dark MB | i9 9900k CPU @ 5.1 GHz | Gigabyte 4090 OC | 64 GB Corsair Vengeance 3200 MHz CL16 | Corsair H150i Pro Cooler |Virpil CM3 Stick w/ Alpha Prime Grip 200mm ext| Virpil CM3 Throttle | VPC Rotor TCS Base w/ Alpha-L Grip| Point Control V2|Varjo Aero|

6 hours ago, dburne said:

I keep seeing this so I gotta ask.

I have not seen any files in the Meta Shaders 2 folder under Saved Games in months now.

Are you guys really still getting files in that folder to delete? And if so, wonder why I no longer get them in there?

Yeah I still get the FXO files and I delete them at every update. But Meta Shaders 2 - nope, not in some time now. Never show anything in that folder any more.

Same here, and for many months before 2.7

RYZEN 5900X | 32GB | ASUS Strix RTX3090 | 500GB NVMe OS 1000GB NVMe DCS | Warthog HOTAS | HP Reverb G2 | VA & ViacomPRO

My DCS Apps:    Radio KAOS for DCS      KB Quick - Quick and Easy Kneeboards