[RESOLVED] Various Autopilot issues.

pierrewind

Hi Razbam,

First of all thank you for this amazing update, it is a great step forward making our lovely module that much better! 

I have however spoted a few errors in the autopilot code:
--ILS Glide doesn't disengage with trim up/down
--ILS Loc doesn't disengage with trim left/right
--ILS Glide/Loc captured before deviation bar is centered
--ILS Loc armed and captured lights sometimes illuminated simultaneously
--ILS is using INS data to guide the aircraft to the runway (likely should use only deviation indications [Bar right, I go right; left, I go left...])
--ILS armed disables the active ALT mode (likely should transition from alt capture + ils armed to alt off + ils GLIDE capture)
--Bank increase on pressing Alt Sel below 50degrees speed.

PS: I also seem to experience occasional "random" hard crashes on ILS capture phase

MIRAGE 2000 AUTOPILOT ISSUES2.trk

Edited by pierrewind
  • Thanks 1

We already know about those issues with the auto-pilot, the work is not finished on it, but thanks for the report anyway :).

The Approach auto-pilot needs INS information to guide the aircraft on the landing as it follows the HUD ILS director which uses the CP/PD info from the INS.

Helljumper - M2000C Guru

Helljumper's Youtube

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCK3rTjezLUxPbWHvJJ3W2fA

11 hours ago, myHelljumper said:

The Approach auto-pilot needs INS information to guide the aircraft on the landing as it follows the HUD ILS director which uses the CP/PD info from the INS.

Does it mean that when doing an ILS approach without any waypoint set on the runway, only ILS director lines on ADI can be used, and that HUD ILS director lines will only be available if waypoint is set on the runway and CP/PD info entered in PCN?

• 2 months later...

Hi, I haven't gone through extensive autopilot focused testing lately. As far as I recall, all of the issues previously mentionned seem to be fixed. I can do a bit more focussed testing should you need! 

Though, I noticed I don't get the "unwiding" of the aiming caret with the simulated A/G training mode (in TAS). Not sure if that's a bug !

Thanks! 

7 hours ago, pierrewind said:

Though, I noticed I don't get the "unwiding" of the aiming caret with the simulated A/G training mode (in TAS). Not sure if that's a bug !

Hi, I think I had this issue recently but wasn't able to reproduce.

If you can get a track showing this issue, create a new report with it please. I'll look at it myself but I don't know how I triggered the bug.

Thanks.

• Like 1

Helljumper - M2000C Guru

Helljumper's Youtube

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCK3rTjezLUxPbWHvJJ3W2fA

Nah I'm pretty sure that wasn't the case. 

To me this issue would be like:
-Radar off
-RS mode

But I'm quite sure these were set correctly. It seemed like a bug, but I am failing to reproduce it as of now. 

Edited by pierrewind

• 4 months later...
  • myHelljumper changed the title to [RESOLVED] Various Autopilot issues.