Possibility to create custom faction (copy of USAF Aggressor)

Frag

As you know, most of the modern war are between factions, not really countries. I would really like to be able to "add faction" to your mission, which would simply be a copy of the "USAF Aggressor" which would give you access to all asset to your new faction.

This option would greatly enhance the possibility of custom missions. Example: Simulating a small civil war within Syria with few factions without the use of major country like USSR or USA. As it is now, when trying to do this, you always end up using fictive country like "Turkey" or "Lebanon" which have limited access to asset. For example, there are no "infantry" for Turkey.

All to say, this simple feature would make the life WAY easier to all mission makers.

I can't remember their exact names right now but there is a "general" blue and red coalition that do exactly this. Combined Task Force Red and Blue I believe. Should include all assets currently available in the sim. 

• Like 1

On 4/15/2021 at 4:13 PM, Repth said:

I can't remember their exact names right now but there is a "general" blue and red coalition that do exactly this. Combined Task Force Red and Blue I believe. Should include all assets currently available in the sim. 

Yeah there is. However I think what the poster is wanting to make it where you can make a faction that uses a custom flag and unit set, without having to scroll through all the available options in CTF Blue/Red. This is something I could get behind, as it would make it easier for someone to make such conflicts, based on what would be supplied to them. Bonus points if a bunch of flags could be added as well.

To add to this, I'd like to also a see a "green force" or "pink force". States that are friendly to Blue or Red Force (respectively), but not that friendly. (As in, landing in their territory they will impound your plane rather than rearm, refuel or repair it) The would still fire on someone breaching their airspace ofc, but they aren't out to get involved if they can help it.