2.7 Random inflight explosion

Jayhawk1971

Hi,

just had a weird issue during event 2 (1v1 vs F-16). After winning the second engagement, on egress, at around IP, right after completing the fence-out check, my aircraft suddenly exploded. Out of nowhere. Since this is a single ship mission, no wingman to collide with. Flying straight and level Mach 0.83 @ 23000 ft. (at 1G).

The bogey F-16 however did seem to have crashed into my left wing right after I shot it down with an AIM-9 in a head-on pass earlier. Could this explosion be a delayed action, since I assume the player aircraft changes back from "invincible mode" when passing BIGHORN?

This is my third playthrough, the first with 2.7, and previously I never had any such issues whatsoever. Unfortunately I forgot to save the replay/ track file, but I have a TACVIEW file if that helps any. 

Edited by Jayhawk1971

Good find, I managed to reproduce it in a 'virgin' mission.

If you get hit by missiles while immortal, that's no problem.

But due to a DM bug, if you collide while being immortal, that damage is remembered somehow, and you'll explode when immortality is switched off.

I reported to ED along with tracks. Until then, make sure you don't collide with anything 😄 Hey, what did Bio say on the way to the range about the safety distance on head-on passes? 😉 

• Thanks 1

Thanks. 👍 

vor 5 Stunden schrieb Reflected:

Until then, make sure you don't collide with anything 😄 Hey, what did Bio say on the way to the range about the safety distance on head-on passes? 😉 

Maybe Bio should have delivered the same briefing to his instructors as well. 🙂 I swear, especially the Vipers always seem to aim straight for my nose. 😱 (both AI Vipers and F-15s seem to tighten their turns very aggressively and keep forcing head-on passes, with no regards for their own safety). Maybe they completely misunderstood the term "murder board"? 😄

Edited by Jayhawk1971