Game Crash 2.7

jfnelson0127

Thanks wildo.

Now: Water-cooled Ryzen 5800X + 32GB DDR 4 3200 RAM + EVGA 3090 FTW3 Ultra 24 GB + Reverb G2 + Add-on PCI-e 3.1 card + 2x1TB Corsair M.2 4900/4200 + TM HOTAS Warthog + TM TPR Pendular Rudder  'Engaged Defensive' YouTube Channel

Modules: F/A-18C / AV-8B / F-16 / F-15E / F-4E (when it lands) / Persian Gulf / Syria / Nevada / Sinai / South Atlantic

Backup: Water-cooled i7 6700K @ 4.5GHz + 32GB DDR4 3200MHz + GTX 1080 8GB + 1TB M.2 1k drive & 250GB SSD drive 500MBps 4K 40" monitor + TrackIR 5

13 hours ago, Flappie said:

If you want to get rid of these crash dumps, try solutions listed here:

They might not work since they didn't work for Taz, but it's worth a try.

Ok, thanks for your reply Flappie.

I deleted those dmp files, but situation remains unchanged.

Was worth a try, at least I gained almost 2 GB of space on my drive.

Just updated my game. It does not start after showing the DCS logo. Restart and retry, same thing

--------

EDIT: Okay correction here; after reading the forum a bit. I removed all mods, like frenchpack, range targets, VPC airfield equipment mods. The game started just fine.

dcs.log dcs.log.old

Edited by Terzi
Attachments

[CENTER]

Signum_Signatur.png

[/CENTER]

@TerziPlease attach your dcs.log file ( C:\Users\username\Saved Games\DCS...\Logs\dcs.log - may appear as "dcs" ).

If you have installed the Frenchpack mod, don't look any further: you'll need to disable or uninstall it.

Don't accept indie game testing requests from friends in Discord. Ever.

3 minutes ago, Flappie said:

@TerziPlease attach your dcs.log file ( C:\Users\username\Saved Games\DCS...\Logs\dcs.log - may appear as "dcs" ).

If you have installed the Frenchpack mod, don't look any further: you'll need to disable or uninstall it.

Done. Edited my prev post to attach.

[CENTER]

Signum_Signatur.png

[/CENTER]

On 5/21/2021 at 2:05 AM, Flappie said:

I've been having this Tomcat bug as well since 2.7 came out. Not 100% reproducible for me, though. I suggest you create a post in this thread with your log attached.

I edited my post in the thread you said to post in with a 2nd log since it happened again. Not sure if anyone on the team has seen it yet. Thanks. 

3 hours ago, Fropa said:

I edited my post in the thread you said to post in with a 2nd log since it happened again. Not sure if anyone on the team has seen it yet. Thanks. 

Thanks. Yes I saw your post, but Heatblur doesn't answer very often even on their own subforum. I was hoping other users would bump on your message but it doesn't seem so...

• Thanks 1

Thanks. Yes I saw your post, but Heatblur doesn't answer very often even on their own subforum. I was hoping other users would bump on your message but it doesn't seem so...
Might be worth dropping @IronMike or @fat creason a PM

Sent from my SM-T835 using Tapatalk

Windows 11 Home ¦ Z790 AORUS Elite AX motherboard ¦ i7-13700K ¦ 64GB Corsair Vengeance DDR5 memory @ 5600MHz ¦ Samsung 990 Pro 1TB SSD for OS, Samsung 980 Pro 2TB SSD for DCS ¦ MSI GeForce RTX 4090 Gaming X Trio 24GB ¦ Virpil WarBRD base with VFX grip, Thrustmaster A10c and F/A-18 grips ¦ VKB Gunfighter Mk4 and MCG Pro ¦ Thrustmaster Warthog Throttle ¦ VKB STECS Throttle ¦ Virpil TCS rotor base with Shark and AH-64D  grips ¦ MFG Crosswinds ¦ Total Controls Multi-Function Button Box ¦ Pimax Crystal

Tried a Slow Repair and even periodically cleaning my shaders but still getting crashes. These usually occur when leaving an MP server or switching from one single player mission to another.

F/A-18C; A-10C; F-14B; Mirage 2000C; A-4E; F-16C; Flaming Cliffs 3

I've had a crash every time I'll try to run a mission in a Campaign, "Enemy within 3.0", "The warth of thunder", "Mirage 2000 Red Flag". Sometimes at the beginning, at the end, absolutely random.

Deleted metacache, shadercache, metashaders2, temp, and script folders, run slow repair, that allows me to run quick missions without a problem, for a couple of days but nothing works for the campaigns. It doesn’t matter if you OC your GPU, or run mods. Hadn't these problems with the 2.7.0.4625 version, so I tried to “retro update” with Skate Zilla, but now we cannot do that, with the 2.7.0.5118 it was possible.

The “Windows 8 solution” in VR, at least for me, reduced so much the performance that the game is almost unplayable.

Nvidia drivers 466.47, Windows version 19042.985

dcs.log-20210525-000109.zip dcs.log-20210524-184233.zip dcs.log-20210524-230907.zip

On 5/23/2021 at 2:25 AM, Flappie said:

Finally got a response from a member of the Heatblur team, Cobra847... "FWIW we don't believe this to be on our side currently - hence why this has gone "ignored". Those texture asserts are errant." I'm not sure how to proceed. 

😕 Since we don't have much in the logs when this freeze happens, it's hard to show whether it's the F-14 or DCS. I see two possible solutions:

• Reproducibility : if we find a way to make it 100% reproducible with the Tomcat only.
  • Stats: if we run a lot of identical tests with different aircraft and see an asymetrical result which shows the F-14 freezes way more than the others.

Edited by Flappie