Jump to content

JF-17 Max Weight


IcedVenom
 Share

Recommended Posts

I am not sure when this change happened, but now the default loadout selections are not usable. The max weight of the JF-17 in instant action is 12,500kg. Two PL-5's, two dual SD-10's and two 1100L fuel tanks make up 12,541kg, just outside of the 12,500kg limit. Is this a bug, or is it supposed to be this way? I've flown with even more on my JF-17 in the past. How come now all of a sudden I am unable to load the aircraft with fuel tanks and 2x dual SD-10's?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

8 hours ago, IcedVenom said:

I am not sure when this change happened, but now the default loadout selections are not usable. The max weight of the JF-17 in instant action is 12,500kg. Two PL-5's, two dual SD-10's and two 1100L fuel tanks make up 12,541kg, just outside of the 12,500kg limit. Is this a bug, or is it supposed to be this way? I've flown with even more on my JF-17 in the past. How come now all of a sudden I am unable to load the aircraft with fuel tanks and 2x dual SD-10's?

I mean... That's quite a heavy payload for what it usually carries

Link to comment
Share on other sites

First: Dual SD-10 racks have not been seen on an operational aircraft to my knowledge. 

 

Second: if they were used, they would not be loaded with the 1100L tanks for that reason. 

 

So the 'realistic' loadout would be with 800L tanks. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

24 minutes ago, Mustang25 said:

Also, you can still take off when you're slightly above max weight.

That's normal. MTOW is not a number that says 'you cannot take off' it specifies a number where it becomes unsafe to take off due to aircraft limitations. 

 

MTOW affects many aspects of an aircraft's performance. It will affect stopping distance after a rejected takeoff, takeoff performance (including engine failure), climb performance, taxi weights, and many structural aspects. MTOW will be chosen so that the requirements for all of these conditions are met.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 hours ago, Mustang25 said:

Also, you can still take off when you're slightly above max weight.

Oh I just assumed it would not let me even select the load-out if it was above the weight. After trying again it seems it still lets you even if you're over the maximum weight. This is different from the MiG-21bis. Thanks for clarifying things for me.

7 hours ago, Foogle said:

First: Dual SD-10 racks have not been seen on an operational aircraft to my knowledge. 

 

Second: if they were used, they would not be loaded with the 1100L tanks for that reason. 

 

So the 'realistic' loadout would be with 800L tanks. 

I had no idea twin SD-10's were not used on the aircraft in service. Any idea why that is, or why we have twin SD-10's in the game? Is this a Chinese loadout?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

31 minutes ago, IcedVenom said:

I had no idea twin SD-10's were not used on the aircraft in service. Any idea why that is, or why we have twin SD-10's in the game? Is this a Chinese loadout?

It was shown on one of the static mockups IIRC, but that's probably a better question for @uboats


Edited by Foogle
Link to comment
Share on other sites

MTOW is heavily influenced by rejected takeoff requirements ie stoppping the takeoff and not running over the end of the runway every time among other things. Since this is a game we can accept more loose restrictions so feel free to load all you can and strap a fat lady on the back for good measure!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

 Share

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
×
×
  • Create New...