Do we need to plan every mission and payloads, or is there a standard option?

Larkis

Hi everyone,

i really like the idea about having a dynamic campaign and put ourself into it insteat just doing  predefined missions... But im curious how much i need to to on the mission planer. Cause i dont know anything about planing attacks, about a good positioning of waypoints, about flightlevel or which payload is suited the best for the task.

I remember Falcon 4. There i just select a mission that i want to do and get a predefined payload, waypoints ect, so i can just focus on flying the plane. 

is this also an option in the Potus campaign?

Edited by Larkis

• Larkis changed the title to Do we need to plan every mission and payloads, or is there a standard option?
23 minutes ago, Larkis said:

Hi everyone,

i really like the idea about having a dynamic campaign and put ourself into it insteat just doing  predefined missions... But im curious how much i need to to on the mission planer. Cause i dont know anything about planing attacks, about a good positioning of waypoints, about flightlevel or which payload is suited the best for the task.

I remember Falcon 4. There i just select a mission that i want to do and get a predefined payload, waypoints ect, so i can just focus on flying the plane. 

is this also an option in the Potus campaign?

Hey, thank you. 

Big Falcon's 4 fan here too 🙂 

In Falcon's campaign you had the ability to jump in the pre-defined packages, that the engine was generating but you could also interfere (changing loadouts, waypoints, create new packages).

With Pontus we tried to introduce the second part during its initial release. We wanted to get initial feedback and improve the basic functions before jumping on the next stage.  AI behaviour was the most important factor.

We are now however almost ready to release the campaign's upgrade which includes the first part too 🙂

You will be asked in the process if you like to design your tasks like you do now but also will have the ability to let the campaign's engine to prepare a task for you. 

The task will be selected depending on the campaign's status. If all goes as planned our files will be sent to ED next week. 

Greg

• Like 2

"ARGO" DCS UH-1H DLC SP Campaign

373vFS DCS World squadron (Greece) - www.buddyspike.net

"ARGO 2.0 Project Phoenix" UH-1H DLC Campaign - WIP

In the YouTube video, "***Updated 2.7.0*** F/A-18C Operation Pontus Campaign Guideline," you show pre-defined weapon packages for SEAD, CAS, Strike, etc.  that don't appear in the mission, currently.   That's a little bit confusing when your just getting going.  There're are number of steps to walk through which are out of the ordinary for DCS campaigns. 

BTW, its amazing how much you've been able to with the scripting engine.  I imagine the development process has been painful.

• Thanks 1