New Course Line bindings -WTF Razbam???

Brainfreeze

With 2.7 I thought the CRS button was fixed...  At the moment I can bind a switch to rotate CCW or CW but cannot bind anything to centre it except for a keyboard key... the UI to assign just won't open.

Anyway...How am I supposed to bind this?  I have 3 way switches (On-Off-On) but that will presumably not do if you need a positive to 'centre' or stop it rotating as it looks like the switch coming off does not stop the crs line from rotating... essentially unsuable even though CRS is a stapple function a pilot uses for near every mission...

Is it working for someone?   

Edited by Brainfreeze
  • Like 1

i9 14900K / 64GB / RTX 4090 / Varjo Aero / Winwing Orion2 + F15EX / Virpil Wrbrd + Alpha Stick + ACE pedals

3 hours ago, Bbow said:

RS Mapper is your answer for a 3 way switch. you assign a keyboard command for the center position in DCS then assign that command to the center position in RS Mapper. 

I am using Vjoy/Joystick Gremlin which is probably similar but the centre position is nothing ...i.e a 3way switch is Button1 - Nothing - Button2. so how can i assign acommand to Nothing ? 

Edited by Brainfreeze

i9 14900K / 64GB / RTX 4090 / Varjo Aero / Winwing Orion2 + F15EX / Virpil Wrbrd + Alpha Stick + ACE pedals

For example, for the Flap switch. Pos 1 is Cruise flaps, middle is cruise,  pos 2 (down) is STOL. So in DCS control options, I assign the pos 1 to pos 1 on the switch. Pos 2 to position 2 on the switch. The middle position i assign a keyboard  command, let's say it the key "F". In RS mapper I can assign the keyboard command "F" when button 1 & 2 are released. 

• Brainfreeze changed the title to New Course Line bindings -WTF Razbam???
Ok SOLVED using Joystick Gremlin!  A shame you need this to be able to use the CRS with a HOTAS.  Not sure what RAZBAM is thinking there.

for the temporary switch/button 
1- map it to a Macro. record the pressing / releasing of the keyboard key you want
2- under the 'condition tab' select 'Apply condition to ACTION' then create an Action condition being 'this virtual button is RELEASED' 
Et voila.

I just add Joystick Switch Abstractions key binds to the [Your DCS Folder]\Mods\aircraft\AV8BNA\Input\AV8BNA\joystick\default.lua

For the course switch:

{down = inst_commands.Knob_Course, down = inst_commands.Knob_Course, up= inst_commands.Knob_Course,    cockpit_device_id = devices.NAV_INS,    value_down =  -0.5, value_up = 0,       name = _('COURSE SELECTOR CCW else STOP'),   category = _('Joystick Switch Abstractions')},
        {down = inst_commands.Knob_Course, down = inst_commands.Knob_Course, up= inst_commands.Knob_Course,    cockpit_device_id = devices.NAV_INS,    value_down =   0.5, value_up = 0,       name = _('COURSE SELECTOR CW else STOP'),    category = _('Joystick Switch Abstractions')},

Attached is file with the one I use

Mods to AV8 default.lua

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

For people who don't want to mess with 3rd party app, add this line to Mods\aircraft\AV8BNA\Input\joystick\default.lua, so you can also bind the center position.  Just another way of doing it.

{down = inst_commands.Knob_Course, cockpit_device_id = devices.NAV_INS,    value_down = 0, name = _('COURSE SELECTOR CENTER'), category = _('Navigation Control')},

Edited by Supmua
  • Like 1

PC: 5800X3D/4090, 11700K/3090, 9900K/2080Ti.

Joystick bases: TMW, VPC WarBRD, MT50CM2, VKB GFII, FSSB R3L

Joystick grips: TM (Warthog, F/A-18C), Realsimulator (F-16SGRH, F-18CGRH), VKB (Kosmosima LH, MCG, MCG Pro), VPC MongoosT50-CM2

Throttles: TMW, Winwing Super Taurus, Logitech Throttle Quadrant, Realsimulator Throttle (soon)

VR: HTC Vive/Pro, Oculus Rift/Quest 2, Valve Index, Varjo Aero, https://forum.dcs.world/topic/300065-varjo-aero-general-guide-for-new-owners/

vor 2 Stunden schrieb Halcyon:

Why can't Razbam just add this themselves? Just like the RWR volume fix. These are simple changes. Why does Razbam drag their feet on these simple quality of life fixes?

its fixed with hotfix from today

1 hour ago, Wisky said:

its fixed with hotfix from today

Funny...the release notes don't mention any Razbam module... Perhaps it was not broken... Nothing was broken... Perhaps Oceania was at war with Eastasia. Oceania had always been at war with Eastasia.

Hope I do get sent to room 101 ...

the RAZBAM changelog didnt make it in time, to be posted in the ED news.

but its there

here is from the harrier:

DCS: AV-8B Night Attack V/STOL by RAZBAM
- Fixed: CCIP aiming point when it is limited (dotted cross).
- Fixed: Backup ADI slip ball not moving on the ground
- Fixed: APKWS set keybinds non-functional
- Fixed: "Cruise Flap" command not bindable to HOTAS
- Added: Barometric altimeter pressure calibration cw / ccw keybinds
- Added: bingo fuel level knob cw / ccw keybinds
- Added: Fuel Totalizer switch cw / ccw keybinds
- Added: RWR vol. cw / ccw keybinds
- Added: Counter Measure EXP cw / ccw keybinds
- Added: ECM Pod switch cw / ccw keybinds
- Added: Nav Mode Switch cw/ccw keybinds
- Improved: Adjusted high altitude engine efficiency
- improved: UFC Mode timer disabled when CS/T  is selected

• Like 2

It is fixed indeed.  

Except they messed up fuel consumption amongst other things so likely u'll fall out of the sky on an empty tank before needing a course line 🙂