New Graphics Settings - question on how to adjust

SmirkingGerbil
Go to solution Solved by Boris_CRO,

New Forest and Scenery Factor settings. How do they interact with each other, how are they different from 2.5 Settings? @BIGNEWY

How would Forest Visibility and Forest Details Factor interplay or interoperate together?

Pic for reference:
image.png

Edited by SmirkingGerbil
reference to community manager
  • Like 1

Pointy end hurt! Fire burn!!
JTF-191 25th Draggins - Hawg Main. Black Shark 2, A10C, A10CII, F-16, F/A-18, F-86, Mig-15, Mig-19, Mig-21, P-51, F-15, Su-27, Su-33, Mig-29, FW-190 Dora, Anton, BF 109, Mossie, Normandy, Caucasus, NTTR, Persian Gulf, Channel, Syria, Marianas, WWII Assets, CA. (WWII backer picked aircraft ME-262, P-47D).

• Solution

Forest visibility you had before with other name on it - its basically Tree loading distance - keep the settings the same you had before.
Details factors settings are new settings that can help you make your nature or objects less detailed. Before there was only 1.0 and now you can lower it down. If you want it to stay as before just keep it at 1.0 as you do.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

mag.iur.

1 hour ago, Boris_CRO said:

Forest visibility you had before with other name on it - its basically Tree loading distance - keep the settings the same you had before.
Details factors settings are new settings that can help you make your nature or objects less detailed. Before there was only 1.0 and now you can lower it down. If you want it to stay as before just keep it at 1.0 as you do.

Thanks sir!

Might monkey around with the factors then and see if they net improvement of any appreciable amount without making scenes look cheesy - if not much difference, will leave as is.

Pointy end hurt! Fire burn!!
JTF-191 25th Draggins - Hawg Main. Black Shark 2, A10C, A10CII, F-16, F/A-18, F-86, Mig-15, Mig-19, Mig-21, P-51, F-15, Su-27, Su-33, Mig-29, FW-190 Dora, Anton, BF 109, Mossie, Normandy, Caucasus, NTTR, Persian Gulf, Channel, Syria, Marianas, WWII Assets, CA. (WWII backer picked aircraft ME-262, P-47D).

could someone post a picture with the detail factor lowered? or describe the effect?
i like to fly with high visibility range and max tree distance because i can't stand the pop-in. the detail factor could be a nice way to lessen the burden on draw calls.
i'm not on open beta though and cant test for myself.

• Like 1

22 hours ago, twistking said:

could someone post a picture with the detail factor lowered? or describe the effect?
i like to fly with high visibility range and max tree distance because i can't stand the pop-in. the detail factor could be a nice way to lessen the burden on draw calls.

https://forums.eagle.ru/topic/268836-side-by-side-comparison-of-forest-and-scenery-detail-settings-fps-rendering/?tab=comments#comment-4634106

• Thanks 1

25 minutes ago, Canada_Moose said:

thank you sir!

from the video it seems as if the slider would change the distance at which the lod-switching occurs. lod0 seems to stay the same, which is good.

On 4/18/2021 at 11:29 AM, twistking said:

Just adjust it in-sim. Load a mission, press Esc, click Options and play with the system settings. You'll see the effect that adjusting the detail has on cities/infrastructure and forests.

AD

Edited by Aluminum Donkey

Kit:

B550 Aorus Elite AX V2, Ryzen 7 5800X w/ Thermalright Phantom Spirit 120 SE, 2 x 16GB Kingston Fury DDR4 @3600MHz C16, Gigabyte RTX 3070 Windforce 8GB, EVGA SuperNova 750 G2 PSU, HP Omen 32" 2560x1440, Thrustmaster Cougar HOTAS fitted with Leo Bodnar's BU0836A controller.

--Flying is the art of throwing yourself at the ground, and having all the rules and regulations get in the way!

If man was meant to fly, he would have been born with a lot more money!