2.7 Constant crashes

metzgerov

8 minutes ago, Havremonster said:

No, youre not alone.

So far all DxDiags that I've seen including mine are based on Intel 9th and 10th gen processors, that is the only thing our builds share at this point.

Edited by XPACT

12 minutes ago, XPACT said:

So far all DxDiags that I've seen including mine are based on Intel 9th and 10th gen processors, that is the only thing our builds share at this point.

I also have a 9th gen cpu. One guy also said he did not have this issue with pascal gpu but ampere crashed. I also have ampere. Its weird.

48 minutes ago, Martin88 said:

I also have a 9th gen cpu. One guy also said he did not have this issue with pascal gpu but ampere crashed. I also have ampere. Its weird.

I just found out that it's crashing for one member who has AMD 5600X and RX 6700 XT so that assumption goes out of the window... Basically it can affect every combination of CPU/GPU  Intel/AMD/Nvidia as far as we know for now.... but many people don't have this issue at all and that is good for them but at the same time bad for us haha 😄 eh... we will figure it out 🙂

Edited by XPACT

We all have exactly the same crashes that are happening at exactly the same conditions, this is just an example

Problem Event Name:    APPCRASH
Application Name:    DCS.exe
Application Version:    2.7.0.4625
Application Timestamp:    6075e58f
Fault Module Name:    d3d11.dll
Fault Module Version:    10.0.19041.746
Fault Module Timestamp:    fc177b9d
Exception Code:    c0000005
Exception Offset:    00000000000a77a4

That points out that there is something broken in DCS.exe

I am suspecting stale pointers at this point or some array issues in the main game code.

For me it never crashed on the first load and that solidifies this theory for now.

Edited by XPACT

8 hours ago, XPACT said:

Hey XPACT, 

I'm having the same crashes. I am running a i58600K, so I don't think that is the common denominator here.

Attaching my crash log if it's helpful. 

JN

dcs.20210417-015516.log

3 hours ago, Art-J said:

Did you guys try disabling full screen method suggested in the other long thread? It helped me and some others - no crashes so far.

Yes, but sadly it doesn't do it for me. I tried your alt+enter solution also. Even if I get some custom mission to consecutivly load, I just switch to another instant mission and then go back to the first one and it will crash at loading with the same errors.

So far this morning 4 crashes within an hour changing in and out of a mission. Im starting to get alittle upset now. 

ALIENWARE R11 - I9 10900KF @ 5.1 GHz - M.2 NVMe 2TB - RTX3090  - XFURY 64GB -3400 MHz RAM

Monitor AW3420DW @ 120Hz - Virpil CM3 Throttle - TM TPR Rudder pedals - Virpil CM2 w/TM Hornet Stick Center - Monstertech Deck Mounts 

RealSimulator FSSB-R3 Lightning Base w/ F16SRGRH SideStick - VR user / Varjo Aero - Big Thx to mbucchia

Start Date April 2020 

• ED Team

Thank you for the data, it is very important to us when using the open beta public test version. 

please remove all unofficial mods

run a cleanup and repair or verify if steam

if you are overclocking try reducing your overclock 

thanks

smallCATPILOT.PNG.04bbece1b27ff1b2c193b174ec410fc0.PNG

Forum rules - DCS Crashing? Try this first - Cleanup and Repair - Discord BIGNEWY#8703 - Youtube - Patch Status

Windows 11, NVIDIA MSI RTX 3090, Intel® i9-10900K 3.70GHz, 5.30GHz Turbo, Corsair Hydro Series H150i Pro, 64GB DDR @3200, ASUS ROG Strix Z490-F Gaming, HP Reverb G2

Mine started crashing this morning.  Typically its crashing when I’m trying to run an instant action mission.  Im using Voice Attack and Sim Shaker add ons.

I’m not worried about it. A new release is going to be buggy.  

Well, for me its only syria that crashes 100% of the time. Nevada and Caucasus crash too, but those crashes are random. Sometimes I am able to start a fast mission without a problem on Caucasus or sometimes it crashes.

I reported with all the details the syria map crash, but just noticed the crashes also randomly happen on other maps without any clear reason. 

I tried every method to fix it but without effect. Only thing i have not tried is a total reinstallation of DCS, but honestly i prefer to wait for some kind of fix, because i have no guarantee that a reinstallation will fix the problem. And a reinstall is a very time consuming process for me due to a not so awesome bandwith i have.

So patience it is now for me. 

• 2 weeks later...

Same crashing problem here.

Got random crash when trying to enter instant action or connect to multiplayer server

Try to fix it using dcs_updater but seems didn't work

Enable or disable fullscreen didn't solve it

Today I just got my first crash while flying in GS server.

My computer is AMD 3700X cpu, 32G Ram and RTX 3090, I installed DCS in 970evo 1T SSD with more than 400G space left