Game breaks in F10 while GCI

JayRoc

Happened already the 3. time in half an hour on the blue flag server.

Doesnt have to do anything, it just hppens by itself.

All icons will disapear and also some menu buttons are not showing up.

Only a complete game restart solves the issue.

image.png

• Like 5

FC3 | F-14A/B | F-16C | SA342  R5 5600X | 32GB | RX 6800XT | TM Cougar | T-Rudder mk.IV | HP Reverb G2

Thrustmaster Cougar Throttle USB standalone MOD

Same here, I can't do GCI in BlueFlag PG because of this issue. 

Buttons are still there, but they're invisible. 

Btw, it's not just the F10 map UI buttons that disappear, it's all window buttons in DCS (can only be fixed with a game restart)

I never encountered this issue before 2.7, so I'm guessing it's a new bug introduced by 2.7.

Edited by Hardcard
  • Like 1

I've just tested for half an hour on a 4YA server. I was Tactical commander. I kept changing view (F2, F6, F7, F9, F12, F10), disabling and re-enabling all labels in F10 view.

I had no loss of labels nor pictures.

I'll try again on a BlueFlag server.

Don't accept indie game testing requests from friends in Discord. Ever.

Thanks @Flappie for looking into the issue. 

I don't think the issue is limited to MP, though, since people are experiencing it in Mission Editor and main menu as well (myself included):

If this were a BF server issue, the effects wouldn't extend to all icons and buttons in DCS, would they?

Something is breaking the UI of the entire game. 

As for BF PG, I'm experiencing this issue a lot, but it doesn't seem to be time related, I'm not sure of what triggers it.  

Sometimes I lose the icons after just 2 minutes in JTAC slot, sometimes it holds for 10  minutes or longer... but it always ends up happening, it's really annoying.  

I've performed a clean install of all my modules (including CA), graphics drivers, tried with and without firewall, removed my DCS saved games folder, ran several DCS repairs, etc.

No idea of what's causing it, but if you're going to test BF PG, I'd stay in JTAC slot for at least 1 hour (placing marks, selecting units on the map, using the ruler tool, etc.).  

Edited by Hardcard

On 4/28/2021 at 8:00 AM, Flappie said:

Maybe the new "PICTURE CLEAR" function can do this. Are you guys using it? I haven't, so far.

I don't know what that is, never used it.

On 4/28/2021 at 8:26 AM, [ED]Obi said:

Will look into it with Flappie. Thanks 

Can you submit your DCS log files when you see the issues please 

Sure, I'll post it next time this happens, thanks.

Thanks very much for the log, Hardcard (I'll never thank you enough for the "Google Humvee", by the way! 😉).

Here are the most unusual errors I can see in your log. The name "UnitsLayer" leaves little to no doubt:

2021-04-29 20:35:39.109 UNKNOWN UnitsLayer::: m_obj2ctl.find(obj) != m_obj2ctl.end()
2021-04-29 20:43:23.132 UNKNOWN UnitsLayer::: m_obj2ctl.find(obj) != m_obj2ctl.end()
2021-04-29 20:44:37.245 UNKNOWN UnitsLayer::: m_obj2ctl.find(obj) != m_obj2ctl.end()
2021-04-29 20:47:24.215 UNKNOWN UnitsLayer::: m_obj2ctl.find(obj) != m_obj2ctl.end()

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Flappie said:

Thanks very much for the log, Hardcard (I'll never thank you enough for the "Google Humvee", by the way! 😉).

You mean this? 😉

Spoiler

rrYI6kL.jpg

Your Caucasus map should be included in the game, imho. You did awesome work 👍

(Any chances of you doing PG / Syria in the future?)

7 hours ago, Flappie said:

Here are the most unusual errors I can see in your log. The name "UnitsLayer" leaves little to no doubt:

2021-04-29 20:35:39.109 UNKNOWN UnitsLayer::: m_obj2ctl.find(obj) != m_obj2ctl.end()
2021-04-29 20:43:23.132 UNKNOWN UnitsLayer::: m_obj2ctl.find(obj) != m_obj2ctl.end()
2021-04-29 20:44:37.245 UNKNOWN UnitsLayer::: m_obj2ctl.find(obj) != m_obj2ctl.end()
2021-04-29 20:47:24.215 UNKNOWN UnitsLayer::: m_obj2ctl.find(obj) != m_obj2ctl.end()

Looks like this has been around for years, I've found a reference to it from 2015:

I don't think this is related to the problem, but I might be wrong, ofc. 

Edited by Hardcard

Thanks! 😀Yes, I plan on doing a PG map as well as a Syria map. Also, I was recently told how to project the Caucasus map to mimic the current kneeboard map. This means you might see a kneeboard/F10 map mod someday...

Nice find, this old post from Flight Control.

The only other significant error that I can see in your log is this one, but I've seen it before in users log who weren't complaining about the icons disappearance, so I guess it's not causing the issue:

2021-04-29 20:26:36.878 ERROR   Lua::Config: Call error MarkPanel.show:[string "./dxgui/bind/Widget.lua"]:69: Invalid arguments!.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, JayRoc said:

Is there anything else you may could need? More logs with the exact time when it breaks?

That is a good idea, yes.

I have an NVIDIA gfx card but part of the testers have AMDs.