Game breaks in F10 while GCI

JayRoc

On 6/22/2021 at 8:29 PM, mmarques said:

I started having this issue when I got Combined Arms.

Thanks for your feedback.

@JayRocCould you please try uninstalling  disabling Combined Arms and see if you keep getting this bug?

Edited by Flappie

Don't accept indie game testing requests from friends in Discord. Ever.

Can CONFIRM that this issue disappears when disabling Combined Arms. 

On 6/29/2021 at 12:15 PM, Flappie said:

If this track allows you all to reproduce the issue 100% of the time, it could accelerate bug fixing. That's the idea.

Maybe it would be constructive to have someone with a AMD gpu investigate this issue, seeing as 100% of people affected have AMD gpus?

Can also confirm that this bug seems to disappear if you disable Combined Arms.

edit: Apologies, spoke too soon. This bug still exists with Combined Arms disabled. 

Edited by DrGonzo94
  • Thanks 1

On 6/22/2021 at 9:48 PM, Flappie said:

Could you please try uninstalling  disabling Combined Arms and see if you keep getting this bug?

I'm not the person you replied to, but I tried this as well. With the CA module disabled in the module manager I still get the same UI glitch.

Anecdotally, it did take longer for the issue to show up this time.

On 6/29/2021 at 12:15 PM, Flappie said:

If this track allows you all to reproduce the issue 100% of the time, it could accelerate bug fixing. That's the idea.

Yup, the bug appears as meltingSnowdrift describes it, every time. It's the same bug described in this thread. 

edit: spoke too soon again, it worked the first two times, but now I cannot reproduce it anymore. Instead the wallpaper disappeared from the main screen, unclear if related. 

Edited by DrGonzo94

On 7/4/2021 at 1:51 PM, Lurcher said:

I'm not the person you replied to, but I tried this as well. With the CA module disabled in the module manager I still get the same UI glitch.

Anecdotally, it did take longer for the issue to show up this time.

I'm inclined to agree with this. With CA disabled the bug appears much less often. 

• 2 weeks later...

AMD GPU + CPU user here. Happens to me each 10 mins or 15 mins on Tactical Commander slot, this is a issue it should get solved ASAP, because it's impossible to play without UI. How can I help? I don't think it happens because I did something in Tact. Commander, it just happens while idling on that slot.

• Like 1

Weird. for a while (couple days) I've stopped the AMD software from running in the background, leaving the drivers only, and all that time this issue didn't occurred. Started back that soft and problem returned.

Edited by Pipok

Natural Born Kamikaze

-------------------------

AMD Ryzen 5 3600, AMD Fatal1ty B450 Gaming K4, AMD Radeon RX 5700 XT, 32 GB RAM Corsair Vengeance LPX, PSU Modecom Volcano 750W, Logitech G940 HOTAS, Turtle Beach VelocityOne Rudder.

9 hours ago, Pipok said:

Weird. for a while (couple days) I've stopped the AMD software from running in the background, leaving the drivers only, and all that time this issue didn't occurred. Started back that soft and problem returned.

Interesting... what software are you talking about exactly? Can you take a screenshot of it?

To others having this bug: does that ring a bell? and if so, can you try this workaround as well?

Don't accept indie game testing requests from friends in Discord. Ever.

This happened to me all the time and pretty much broke the game every time I played. The bug would happen "randomly" but I could force the bug every time by clicking "show all routes" button in the map. It would mess up the entire GUI stuff, no pictures in load out screen, backgrounds for buttons gone, no icons on the map or map tools available etcetc.

I've REDUCED the issue by disabling the In-game overlay for the AMD Radeon stuff.  

I can still run the AMD software but not the overlay.

The bug has occurred two times since disabling the overlay for the AMD Radeon software. I think now it happens if I alt-tab or doing something outside from the game for some period of time.

Edited by PinkCube
  • Thanks 1

On 8/1/2021 at 10:40 PM, Flappie said:

Interesting... what software are you talking about exactly? Can you take a screenshot of it?

The AMD software that is installed with Radeon drivers.

I don't know if it was coincidence or not, but yesterday, my icons and other graphical components visible on map have dissapeared exactly at the moment when I received message in Pidgin communicator that is set to send me a "ping" (play sound file) when the message is coming.

Looks like some kind of memory allocation problem.

Natural Born Kamikaze

-------------------------

AMD Ryzen 5 3600, AMD Fatal1ty B450 Gaming K4, AMD Radeon RX 5700 XT, 32 GB RAM Corsair Vengeance LPX, PSU Modecom Volcano 750W, Logitech G940 HOTAS, Turtle Beach VelocityOne Rudder.

I'm getting this problem basically every time I play in multiplayer, often within a few minutes of joining.

It's annoying in planes, but makes Combined Arms unplayable.

And to confirm, I have disabled all the Radeon app's overlay options.

Edited by ZombieNinja

A buddy of mine has the same issue. He has a Radeon 5700XT.

Edited by QuiGon

Intel i7-12700K @ 8x5GHz+4x3.8GHz + 32 GB DDR5 RAM + Nvidia Geforce RTX 2080 (8 GB VRAM) + M.2 SSD + Windows 10 64Bit

DCS Panavia Tornado (IDS) really needs to be a thing!

Tornado3 small.jpg

Screen_210720_222809.png

I have a RX570 4g gamer x 10th gen Asus Prime B460M-K Intel I5-10400f 32G Ram update all drivers win 10 disabled all AMD overlay any other app in back round cleaned repaired twice now happens randomly, even closing tray of AMD and problem still persist playing in varied MP or single player.

Edited by Pulaski