AMD Radeon RX 6700 XT

Windows 10 Home
Version    21H1
OS build    19043.1165

Thrustmaster A10C throttle & stick with Virpil WarBRD base, MFG Crosswind

Running DCS OpenBeta

Mainly flying Mi8

Use Combined Arms

I keep getting this problem all the time on multiplayer. By all the time I mean 3-4 times nightly, triggered on the F10 map, not necessarily when using CA. All buttons disappear as described above. I also noticed the main page buttons go missing as well.

If you need any other files please lemme know...

missing boxes.png

Missing boxes1.png

Buttons missing.jpg

16 hours ago, Flappie said:

Another important element: do you ALL own the Combined Arms module?

My buddy does own Combined Arms and the issue usually happens for him when he's in a JTAC/Commander slot providing guidance on the Blue Flag Server, which is when he needs to zoom a lot on the F10 map. He also has a Radeon 5700XT.

22 hours ago, Flappie said:

Let me guess... two weeks? 😄

Pretty much, yeah :biggrin:

Edited by QuiGon

Intel i7-12700K @ 8x5GHz+4x3.8GHz + 32 GB DDR5 RAM + Nvidia Geforce RTX 2080 (8 GB VRAM) + M.2 SSD + Windows 10 64Bit

DCS Panavia Tornado (IDS) really needs to be a thing!

Tornado3 small.jpg

2 hours ago, Flappie said:

Interesting. I didn't know about AMD Smart Access Memory.

Can you replicate the issue when SAM is disabled?

I wasn't aware of this option(s), so I've checked it and apparently, I've had them all the time disabled.
By curiosity tried to enable it, and all my devices was messed-up. HOTAS was not discovered by system, keyboard had non-functional keys like spaces...

• Thanks 1

Natural Born Kamikaze

-------------------------

AMD Ryzen 5 3600, AMD Fatal1ty B450 Gaming K4, AMD Radeon RX 5700 XT, 32 GB RAM Corsair Vengeance LPX, PSU Modecom Volcano 750W, Logitech G940 HOTAS, Turtle Beach VelocityOne Rudder.

R7 5800X + R9 6900XT

Combined Arms

Smart Access Memory was disabled

Happened to me first time on saturday after ~1 hour of being on F-10 map. Don't remember doing much of the zooming in, just overviewing the action and progress of the flights when suddenly all icons and buttons were gone.

This is a cross post because I wasn't paying attention to the correct thread.

Here is a link for a squadron buddy that experiences the same problem. There is a DxDiag file and track file in this link.

https://forums.eagle.ru/topic/280880-disappearing-icons-in-f10-map-rearmrefuel-popup-and-main-welcome-screen/?do=findComment&comment=4768481

Here is a link to a failure that I encountered while in Single Player testing of my squadron map:

https://forums.eagle.ru/topic/280880-disappearing-icons-in-f10-map-rearmrefuel-popup-and-main-welcome-screen/?do=findComment&comment=4768505

@[ED]Obi, here is my DCS log that should cover the Single Player testing failure. The time I encountered the failure was around 23:30 EST on 09/07/2021. That should be around 03:30 GMT on 09/08/2021.

If this log does not capture the failure then I'll post another log when the event happens next.

dcs.log

Here are the track file, log file and the screenshot from GLOGG showing the line that was active when the bug have happened.

obraz.png

Graphic bug with log file.trk dcs.log

Natural Born Kamikaze

AMD Ryzen 5 3600, AMD Fatal1ty B450 Gaming K4, AMD Radeon RX 5700 XT, 32 GB RAM Corsair Vengeance LPX, PSU Modecom Volcano 750W, Logitech G940 HOTAS, Turtle Beach VelocityOne Rudder.

On 9/8/2021 at 8:56 AM, [ED]Obi said:

Hi - please can somebody attach a recent log from when the incident happens? Ideally with an indication of the time the icons dis-appear. Thanks!

Unfortunately, dcs.log has never recorded anything that could be linked to this issue (afaik).  

I get that you're looking for clues, but I don't think there are any to be found in dcs.log, sadly.   

The one thing we know for sure is that the issue was introduced in 2.7, along with new UI features such as the ability to see other client / unit waypoint paths displayed on F10 map.
Perhaps it's just me, but it has always seemed to me that this issue is related to UI changes introduced in 2.7 ... 

As for "Smart Access Memory", let's not start chasing rabbits here, guys. My hardware doesn't even support that tech, it has nothing to do with this issue. 

Also, the AMD CPU + AMD GPU setup hypothesis isn't valid either, I'm running an intel chip as well.   

If we have to look for possible hardware culprits, maybe we should consider memory issues instead (since both AMD and Intel users are experiencing this issue).  

Drives and paging files?. 

I'm using Samsung 840 EVO 120GB SSD as system drive (with a paging file) + Samsung 860 EVO 1TB SSD for DCS + OCZ Vector SSD (with another paging file) .

I'm also using a 144Hz AOC monitor and have DCS capped at 72FPS (I think)

I also used a symlink for the DCS Saved Games folder, since it got too heavy for my system SSD.  

Edited by Hardcard
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Am 4.9.2021 um 23:57 schrieb Flappie:

Interesting. I didn't know about AMD Smart Access Memory.

Can you replicate the issue when SAM is disabled?

SAM is only available for rx 6000 series. I had the bug on my 5700 xt and it is still there on my new 6800 xt. It happens to me in every gaming session and it is always gamebreaking. I dont own combined arms. I really hope this gets solved quickly. The game is unplayable for me since the release of 2.7

Edited by Fireshake

I can see, that the easiest way to trigger this issue is to choose mission on the Marianas Islands. Can anyone confirm my feelings?

Natural Born Kamikaze

Well, my problems is back. I changed my graphics card from a R9-290 to a 6900XT yesterday, and as part of the testing I hosted a online mission for myself, and 1 hour + into the mission icons disappeared. Yes, I have Combined Arms, and no, I haven't tried disabling it. I don't think I was scrolling when the icons disappeared, IIRC they had simply disappeared when I went to the F10 map. And just as someone else showed above, graphics was missing on refuel/rearm screen as well as after leaving the mission.