Game breaks in F10 while GCI

JayRoc

Lets try to simplify things a little. I've attached a mission that uses the scripting engine to draw a number of shapes. It is using quads, circles, polygons, text, and lines, all of which are shapes I use on the Grayflag server. Please open the mission file from your mission editor and launch it from there. After 1 second unpaused the script will draw the shapes. 

There should be a line of polygons with text from SA-3 to SA-15, where the number of sides of the polygon increases from 3 to 15. 

A circle of black lines is drawn where it iterates all 7 line types. Every 7th entry should be missing and it should be between a solid and a double dashed line. 

In the city there should be quad shapes drawn based on trigger zones. 

The below 2 screenshots are examples of what you should see on the F10 map. 

Screen_220729_025938.jpg

Screen_220729_025928.jpg

After running the test exit back to the editor and please advise if you see something like the following image. You may need to zoom in and out to see it. If you do see it then it should disappear if you zoom in enough when looking at the ILS and capture area circles defined at the given base. 

Screen_220729_025103.jpg

draw_samples.miz

• Thanks 2

The right man in the wrong place makes all the difference in the world.

Current Projects:  Grayflag ServerScripting Wiki

Useful Links: Mission Scripting Tools MIST-(GitHub) MIST-(Thread)

SLMOD, Wiki wishlist, Mission Editing Wiki!, Mission Building Forum

1 hour ago, Grimes said:

Lets try to simplify things a little. I've attached a mission that uses the scripting engine to draw a number of shapes. It is using quads, circles, polygons, text, and lines, all of which are shapes I use on the Grayflag server. Please open the mission file from your mission editor and launch it from there. After 1 second unpaused the script will draw the shapes. 

There should be a line of polygons with text from SA-3 to SA-15, where the number of sides of the polygon increases from 3 to 15. 

A circle of black lines is drawn where it iterates all 7 line types. Every 7th entry should be missing and it should be between a solid and a double dashed line. 

In the city there should be quad shapes drawn based on trigger zones. 

The below 2 screenshots are examples of what you should see on the F10 map. 

Screen_220729_025938.jpg

Screen_220729_025928.jpg

After running the test exit back to the editor and please advise if you see something like the following image. You may need to zoom in and out to see it. If you do see it then it should disappear if you zoom in enough when looking at the ILS and capture area circles defined at the given base. 

Screen_220729_025103.jpg

draw_samples.miz 32.41 kB · 1 download

I just ran this mission. Following your instructions and when in mission I press F10 and either zoom out or in then the attached images are the result. Let me know if there is anything else you need info wise?  Please note that all looks normal in the mission editor and game until in the mission and any zooming is done in F10 these photos represent post zooming.

Screen_220729_124422.png

Screen_220729_124435.png

Screen_220729_124439.png

Edited by Proteuswave
  • Like 1

Intel i7 6700 3.4Ghz , 32gig ripjaw ram , Asus Strix RX480 OC 8gb , Samsung 850 Pro SSD, Asus ROG VIII Ranger Z170 Motherboard.

vor 3 Stunden schrieb Flappie:

Hi gents. A fix made it to last OB update, but I've heard the issue was not fixed for everybody.

Can you please answer these questions?

1. Are you still experiencing the issue in current OB (2.7.16.28111) ?
  2. What is your AMD GPU model?
  3. How much VRAM does it have?

The issue(s) appear immediately after interacting with the F10 map on a server with multiple scripts running (e.g.: Grayflag, Blueflag; -> see Grimes post above). This includes the vanishing of icons as seen below. (The Multiplayer and Role Selection screens are affected as well, similar to other screenshots taken by other fellow pilots)

1. yes, latest OB 2.7.16.28111 

2. Aorus RX5700XT on latest Driver available 22.5.1

3. 8GB of GDDR6
unknown.png

2022-07-29 10_41_43-Window.png

2022-07-29 10_41_59-Window.png

2022-07-29 10_42_14-Window.png

Edited by Asphelite
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, Flappie said:

Hi gents. A fix made it to last OB update, but I've heard the issue was not fixed for everybody.

Can you please answer these questions?

1. Are you still experiencing the issue in current OB (2.7.16.28111) ?
  2. What is your AMD GPU model?
  3. How much VRAM does it have?

1. Yes (2.7.16.28111)

2. RX6600XT

3. 8gb GDDR6

• ED Team

Please attach your options.lua

• Like 1

Men may keep a sort of level of good, but no man has ever been able to keep on one level of evil. That road goes down and down.  
Можно держаться на одном уровне добра, но никому и никогда не удавалось удержаться на одном уровне зла. Эта дорога ведёт вниз и вниз.

G.K. Chesterton

DCS World 2.5: Часто задаваемые вопросы

• 3 weeks later...
5 hours ago, Flappie said:

Although I can't find the fix in today's OB changelog, it's supposed to be there.

Please tell us if the issue still happens with version 2.7.17.29140.

For me is everything working fine after this update

There is only one minor issue where the fill color blue flickers and then disappear, aside that everything else is perfect.

• Thanks 1

16 hours ago, Flappie said:

Does it look something like this? (two users described this issue and they said it leads to a DCS crash)

Does not look like that my game did not crashed, is just a minor flicker. The fill color flickers inside the poly and vanishes remaining just the contour of the poly.

For me is just a minor issue, everything else is perfectly fine