Game breaks in F10 while GCI

JayRoc

1 minute ago, Desert Fox said:

Just happened to me again. So the up to date graphics driver isnt the solution sadly.

Can you please attach your dxdiag log?

Does it happen to you very quickly in a game session or after an hour or so?

Don't accept indie game testing requests from friends in Discord. Ever.

@FlappieHere's the movie how it looks like on my computer. I've added view from the applet showing the memory usage (beside of other parameters). As You can see, there's some memory margin.
And as Dr House used to say - "we have new symptom" - First DCS run after computer restart I was unable to cause this issue to appear, but after couple of trials, restarted the DCS and this time it "worked" as supposed.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Natural Born Kamikaze

-------------------------

AMD Ryzen 5 3600, AMD Fatal1ty B450 Gaming K4, AMD Radeon RX 5700 XT, 32 GB RAM Corsair Vengeance LPX, PSU Modecom Volcano 750W, Logitech G940 HOTAS, Turtle Beach VelocityOne Rudder.

On 8/15/2021 at 10:17 PM, QuiGon said:

A buddy of mine has the same issue. He has a Radeon 5700XT.

@Flappie

I think my buddy is able to reproduce the issue very quickly, by zooming in/out very quickly/far on the F10 map as shown in @Pipok's video, so he should be able to create a short track file of the issue.

What kind of track file do you need exactly? A track file of the client on a server, a track file of the client on his own server or a track file from singlepalyer?

Edited by QuiGon
  • Like 1

Intel i7-12700K @ 8x5GHz+4x3.8GHz + 32 GB DDR5 RAM + Nvidia Geforce RTX 2080 (8 GB VRAM) + M.2 SSD + Windows 10 64Bit

DCS Panavia Tornado (IDS) really needs to be a thing!

Tornado3 small.jpg

2 hours ago, QuiGon said:

What kind of track file do you need exactly? A track file of the client on a server, a track file of the client on his own server or a track file from singlepalyer?

A track file from singleplayer if possible (because it contains everything that happened), thanks.

As stated by Pipok, please add your friend's dxdiag log if he's OK with it.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1ipJn8b_5b9RCAatoTcjCrGwC2Ttezdr3/view?usp=sharing

Its just a couple minutes on BlueFlag...but bigger than 5mb. The driver is the new 21.8.2. It happened while zooming in or out.

But that just accelerates the occurance of the bug, it happens also while static for me.

BIOS and all other drivers are up to date.

FC3 | F-14A/B | F-16C | SA342  R5 5600X | 32GB | RX 6800XT | TM Cougar | T-Rudder mk.IV | HP Reverb G2

Thrustmaster Cougar Throttle USB standalone MOD

Here is my input on the disappearing overlays in the mission editor. It happened roughly 1hr into game play. The track file is too large so please follow this google drive link.

Jousters MP Server Track File

The time stamp when failure occurred was approx 15:50 - 15:55. The track file ends at 15:56.

Attached are 2 screenshots that show missing icons and a new DxDiag file.

Screen_210902_155534a.png

Screen_210902_155524a.png

DxDiag 2021-09-02.txt

Here is another screenshot that shows a blank rearm-refuel screen after the icons disappeared.

Screen_210902_155628a.png

This screenshot is at the main menu page. Note the missing icons along the bottom edge of the screen. This too was the result of missing icons from the F10 map.

Screen_210902_155649a.png

• Like 2

Thanks. This is one heavy mission!

I tried to reproduce the issue once more, first in the ME, then as a Game Master, but I couldn't. I'm still convinced the few NVIDIA GPU powered users having this bug could help finding its origin, but I don't know really know where to look.

@Pipok How do you zoom in so fast in the F10 view? My scrolling wheel won't grant me such a speed.

Flappie,

Yes, that is one large file. It is my squadron's base cap map. On mission start, the track file is about 7.5MB and grows afterwards. I'd sure like to know the root cause of this bug. It is very frustrating.

Have any Testers with AMD cards been able to replicate this error?

56 minutes ago, Flappie said:

How do you zoom in so fast in the F10 view?

@FlappieI have a mouse Logitech G502 with free scroll. 🙂

Natural Born Kamikaze

AMD Ryzen 5 3600, AMD Fatal1ty B450 Gaming K4, AMD Radeon RX 5700 XT, 32 GB RAM Corsair Vengeance LPX, PSU Modecom Volcano 750W, Logitech G940 HOTAS, Turtle Beach VelocityOne Rudder.

I doubt that all people complaining on this issue have mouses with free scroll, but I've done test switching to the typical non-free scroll, and effect is the same. 🙂

• Thanks 1

Natural Born Kamikaze

On 9/1/2021 at 11:10 AM, Flappie said:

A track file from singleplayer if possible (because it contains everything that happened), thanks.

As stated by Pipok, please add your friend's dxdiag log if he's OK with it.

Thanks, unfortunately my buddy went on vacation, so this has to wait...

Intel i7-12700K @ 8x5GHz+4x3.8GHz + 32 GB DDR5 RAM + Nvidia Geforce RTX 2080 (8 GB VRAM) + M.2 SSD + Windows 10 64Bit

DCS Panavia Tornado (IDS) really needs to be a thing!

Tornado3 small.jpg

My colleague with very similar hardware as the one I use confirmed that he's able to reproduce the issue the same way as I do.

Here's his DXDiag report.

DxDiag.txt

Edited by Pipok
  • Thanks 1

Natural Born Kamikaze

So far, the first 3 DxDiag logs show a distinct pattern:  Ryzen 5 3600 + RX5700 (vanilla or XT). And I see in JayRoc's signature he has a Ryzen 5 5600X and a RX6800 XT. It would seem the AMD CPU+ AMD GPU combination facilitates this bug's occurences.

EDIT: I forgot Pulaski (Intel I5-10400F + RX570) and paco2002 (undetermiend AMD CPU + AMD GPU).

And from the initial thread:

dorian666 (Ryzen 5 1600X + RX 580)

G.J.S. (Intel i7-8700 + Nvidia GTX 1070) <--- apparently less impacted than others

Edited by Flappie

I do own CA.

2 hours ago, Desert Fox said:

And i also own a G502 with free scroll

My colleague have regular mouse with typical scroll.

Natural Born Kamikaze