Mouse not accurate in cockpit in fullscreen mode if I change to or from windowed mode?

SC86

I start the game in small window mode then I go to full screen after the plane/map/weather, and everything else is loaded.  In the small window the mouse is accurate and it can perform all of the functions over the switches and buttons and use the mouse wheel functions.  When I press

Left Alt+Enter to change to full-screen mode the accuracy is gone.  This is just as of yesterdays 2.7 update, though in the previous version I would have to click the left mouse button to get it to function properly in any new screen such as the Esc. menu or the briefing window.  I have only attempted this in the F18 and in multiplayer.  This happens in Beta, which i guess is the only version updated to 2.7 now.

Thanks for any help, this makes the game unplayable

1 hour ago, Flappie said:

Are you using the native resolution of your monitor ingame, or a smaller one?

Not sure what I was using before the update, but i switched it to the native res. in game after seeing your answer, and it keeps freezing, but this may be due to SRS loading after i try to join a server. SRS starting is why i started to load the game in windowed format, but now i cannot stop the game from starting in full screen, and I have unchecked the full-screen option in game.  Also the Atl.+Enter doesn't exit from full screen.  So I am stuck. 

No, you're not. 😉

In Windows, edit this file : C:\Users\username\Saved Games\DCS...\Config\options.lua

Look  for "fullscreen" and change the line to this:

["fullScreen"] = false,

Don't accept indie game testing requests from friends in Discord. Ever.

Yes, when you have the native resolution, the game still appears in fullscreen mode even though it is disabled. Two choices:

• If you want to go back to windowed mode, edit the resolution in the options.lua file. Under "graphics", edit these values:
    •         ["width"]
    •         ["height"]
  • Or you can try to heal the game renaming your whole Saved Games\DCS.openbeta folder. Name it "DCS.openbeta_backup" so the game has to create a new one, and tell us if the game starts. If so, you'll have to manually copy your custom controls from the old folder to the new one. I'll help you with that.

Edited by Flappie

Don't accept indie game testing requests from friends in Discord. Ever.

6 hours ago, Flappie said:

Yes, when you have the native resolution, the game still appears in fullscreen mode even though it is disabled. Two choices:

• If you want to go back to windowed mode, edit the resolution in the options.lua file. Under "graphics", edit these values:
    •         ["width"]
    •         ["height"]
  • Or you can try to heal the game renaming your whole Saved Games\DCS.openbeta folder. Name it "DCS.openbeta_backup" so the game has to create a new one, and tell us if the game starts. If so, you'll have to manually copy your custom controls from the old folder to the new one. I'll help you with that.

Hello Flappie,

I actually did not do this, but I found a solution at least in the F18 in cockpit.  I did a full Repair DCS World Open Beta, checked scan All Files, and checked clear older files.  This seemed to work for the in game in cockpit inaccuracy of the cursor.  I have not tried the window function yet (Alt+Enter) as my computer froze last time (before the repair), but I do have the SRS popping up over the game in fullscreen.  I will try to play with that function when the multiplayer server restarts.

Thanks for all your help!