Fly solo without AI co-gunner/pilot

Bedouin

• 3 weeks later...
On 4/16/2021 at 5:21 PM, StevanJ said:

Sure it will.
Although- The Hind is getting Petrovich. The Apache is getting Burt.

Burt? You mean this guy?

Burt_Gummer.jpg

• Like 9

PC: MSI X670E, Ryzen 9 7900X, 64GB DDR5 RAM, RTX 3090 Ti, TM Warthog HOTAS, Saitek Pro Flight pedals, Opentrack

Link to my Youtube Channel: https://www.youtube.com/c/DieselThunderAviation

Commander, 62nd Virtual Fighter Squadron

Join the 62nd VFS today! Link to our discord server: https://discord.gg/Z25BSKk84s

Patch_v1.2 small.jpg

download.jpg

Can we name the AI pilot Ernie?

Edited by panton41
  • Like 6

Windows 10 64-bit | Ryzen 9 3900X 4.00GHz (OC) | Asus Strix B450-F | 64GB Corsair Vengeance @ 3000MHz | two Asus GeForce 1070 Founders Edition (second card used for CUDA only) | two Silicon Power 1TB NVMe in RAID-0 | Samsung 32" 1440p Monitor | two ASUS 23" 1080p monitors | ASUS Mixed Reality VR | Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS | MFG Crosswind

A-10C Warthog | AV-8B Harrier (N/A) | F/A-18C Hornet | F-16C Viper | F-14B Tomcat | UH-1H Huey | P-51D Mustang | F-86F Saber | Persian Gulf | NTTR

• 2 weeks later...
21 hours ago, veenee said:

how do you know it's going to be a man? 👩‍✈️

The original choice has been incarcerated. . . . . 
Nobody can ask her any questions as the outcome of grilling her may just be too good . . . . 

EDFA6D25-5B91-40ED-AB7C-59B758931B54.jpeg

Edited by G.J.S
  • Like 10

Alien desktop PC, Intel i7-8700 CPU@3.20GHz 6 Core, Nvidia GTX 1070, 16GB RAM. TM Warthog stick and Throttles. Saitek ProFlight pedals.

• 3 weeks later...

On 4/16/2021 at 10:24 PM, Bedouin said:

Hi, 

Have we heard anything about if its possible to fly all solo without a AI co-gunner/pilot or will you have to have it... i know its unrealistic but more if the AI is an annoying dumb fool, then better without him/her 🙂

If it will be AH-64D with Fire Control Radar you technically don't even need another guy to destroy 16 enemy tanks, FCR computer makes up for the gunner:

park behind some obstacle showing only FCR -> release 16 automatic guided Hellfire missiles to 16 targets detected identified and prioritized by FCR visible on your MFD -> RTB

There are good interviews with RL Apache pilots on YT. AH-64D has avionics designed the way each pilot can do everything with some small exceptions, especially when ORT has been replaced by digital display.

Mi-24 - or Desert Storm AH-64A - depends on gunner whole lot more (guiding optical and laser guided missiles, searching new targets with optical devices/FLIR) than AH-64D with FCR, computer and radar Hellfires.

It's like Tomcat / Strike Eagle analogy: In analog Tomcat or AH-64A both guys have different responsibilities, functions and cockpits, digital Strike Eagle or AH-64D can by operated by one crew member - second is there to decrease the workload.

Edited by bies
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 4

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

So what's the conclusion about this thread?

Coz I'm really interested in buying the Apache straight away, even if is missing half of the features, I don't care! lol 😛

Will be possible to fly and use all the weapons on your own?
Is there really an AI called Burt that will help you? (I don't care about his name, as long as he knows what he's doing, as I probably won't! lol)

Would be possible to get an idea from someone that really knows all of this? @NineLine? @BIGNEWY? Help please. 🙂 

• Like 2

Well we've seen from the Mi24 that you aren't allowed to switch seats in multiplayer and you are forced to play from the pilots seat. It will likely stay like that considering you can't switch seats in MP in any other two seat aircraft with separate cockpits. It will be a great disappointment to not be able to manually employ weapons using the TADS solo in multiplayer.

Easy fix: Add a dedicated TADS page for the pilot and allow the pilot to control the TADS and employ weapons with it.

En 5/6/2021 a las 6:25, bies dijo:

If it will be AH-64D with Fire Control Radar you technically don't even need another guy to destroy 16 enemy tanks, FCR computer makes up for the gunner:

park behind some obstacle showing only FCR -> release 16 automatic guided Hellfire missiles to 16 targets detected identified and prioritized by FCR visible on your MFD -> RTB

There are good interviews with RL Apache pilots on YT. AH-64D has avionics designed the way each pilot can do everything with some small exceptions, especially when ORT has been replaced by digital display.

Mi-24 - or Desert Storm AH-64A - depends on gunner whole lot more (guiding optical and laser guided missiles, searching new targets with optical devices/FLIR) than AH-64D with FCR, computer and radar Hellfires.

It's like Tomcat / Strike Eagle analogy: In analog Tomcat or AH-64A both guys have different responsibilities, functions and cockpits, digital Strike Eagle or AH-64D can by operated by one crew member - second is there to decrease the workload.

hace 3 horas, AleCisla dijo:

So what's the conclusion about this thread?

Coz I'm really interested in buying the Apache straight away, even if is missing half of the features, I don't care! lol 😛

Will be possible to fly and use all the weapons on your own?
Is there really an AI called Burt that will help you? (I don't care about his name, as long as he knows what he's doing, as I probably won't! lol)

Would be possible to get an idea from someone that really knows all of this? @NineLine? @BIGNEWY? Help please. 🙂 

Both stations have something the other cannot do.

In the case of the CPG station, it does not have engine start controls, and the CMWS control panel, however, it has the TEDAC.

The pilot cannot control TADS as a sight.

While the gunner can slave the TADS to pilot acquisition sources, it is still under CPG control.

FCR can only provide target data handover for RF hellfires, SAL type hellfires require lasing from the TADS LRFD.

So you want to be on the pilot station for most of the startup, then switch to the CPG cockpit for combat related stuff.

• Like 2

@DaemonPhobos Okay.....
What is CPG? ... and CMWS? ... and TEDAC? ... and TADS? and FCR? ..."hellfires" I guess is the missiles, but what RF stands for? and SAL? ... and what the heck is TADS LRFD???

Sorry those were the only things I didn't understand very well.

So the conclusion is that you can't do everything on your own? 😞 But you can, if you switch to the other seat...? 😄
I'm totally confused now...

• Like 1

vor einer Stunde schrieb AleCisla:

@DaemonPhobos Okay.....
What is CPG? ... and CMWS? ... and TEDAC? ... and TADS? and FCR? ..."hellfires" I guess is the missiles, but what RF stands for? and SAL? ... and what the heck is TADS LRFD???

Sorry those were the only things I didn't understand very well.

So the conclusion is that you can't do everything on your own? 😞 But you can, if you switch to the other seat...? 😄
I'm totally confused now...

CPG: Co-Pilot Gunner

TADS: Target Acquisition and Desination System(The Apaches targetting system)

TEDAC: no idea what the letters stand for and I am too lazy to google but it is basically an extra MFD (Multi-function display) with fancy controls that only the gunner has in his cockpit

CMWS: Common Missile Warning System

FCR: Fire Control Radar

LRFD: Laser Range Finder/Designator

SAL: Okay, this one I had to actually search for myself 😉 -> Semi-Active Laser

Stick around for a while and in a few weeks all your friends and family know what these terms stand for 😄

Edited by Wychmaster
  • Like 2

Thanks @Wychmaster!!! I'm gonna put all back together in the paragraph and try to make sense of everything now...
Thanks @AlphaOneSix too! 🙂

So as far as I can tell, if we're able to swap seats, then technically is possible to fly and employ weapons... so I guess the question now becomes, can we? Apparently you can't on the HIND, in multiplayer...but what about single player? Is it possible? And the Apache, will follow the same rules??? Too many questions, I know...

Man, I can't wait for this helicopter to come out!!! Even if I can't swap seats and do everything, I think I'll still buy it anyway... haha 😄 

hace 36 minutos, AleCisla dijo:

Thanks @Wychmaster!!! I'm gonna put all back together in the paragraph and try to make sense of everything now...
Thanks @AlphaOneSix too! 🙂

So as far as I can tell, if we're able to swap seats, then technically is possible to fly and employ weapons... so I guess the question now becomes, can we? Apparently you can't on the HIND, in multiplayer...but what about single player? Is it possible? And the Apache, will follow the same rules??? Too many questions, I know...

Man, I can't wait for this helicopter to come out!!! Even if I can't swap seats and do everything, I think I'll still buy it anyway... haha 😄 

Yeah, I definitely used more acronyms than necessary lol.

I think (unless I'm forgetting something) that the gunner station is the most complete and independent when you are flying it solo

You can use all type of weapons, use the targeting system, and fly the aircraft with your own controls.

once you got all the startup procedures done on the pilot cockpit you can just simply switch to gunner and continue from there.

I believe that switching from pilot to gunner will still be important so the possibility should be included in SP and MP, especially if mechanical failures/severances on the flight controls between the stations are modeled.

Edited by DaemonPhobos

9 hours ago, AleCisla said:

Apparently you can't on the HIND, in multiplayer...but what about single player? Is it possible? And the Apache, will follow the same rules???

You can switch seats in single player in the Hind, just not in multi player.

The Apache will be no different to the Hind.

On 7/1/2021 at 6:29 AM, Crptalk said:

Well we've seen from the Mi24 that you aren't allowed to switch seats in multiplayer and you are forced to play from the pilots seat. It will likely stay like that considering you can't switch seats in MP in any other two seat aircraft with separate cockpits. It will be a great disappointment to not be able to manually employ weapons using the TADS solo in multiplayer.

Easy fix: Add a dedicated TADS page for the pilot and allow the pilot to control the TADS and employ weapons with it.

This is wrong information.  Not being able to switch between seats in the Mi-24 is a bug.

I'm going to walk my statement back.  I'm sure I saw a post by Nineline saying it was a bug, but I can't find it (so I may have totally misread it).  However it is possible to set an option in the ME to set an multicrew aircraft as solo only which allows bouncing between seats.  But this is only available on some aircraft right now (which may be what I was reading from Ninelines post).

• 2 weeks later...
On 7/1/2021 at 4:10 PM, AlphaOneSix said:

TADS Electronic Display and Controller? Something like that. It's the center MFD in the front seat that replaced the old HDD (Heads Down Display) and ORT (Optical Relay Tube).

Good ****ing riddance to the ORT/C. Having to a a damned boresight/optical alignment of that thing was SUCH a pain in the ass. 

Long live electronics!

But Apache cant have Burt 😞

The A10 already has him.......

<rimshot>

My Box

Intel i10-850k, 32GB 3600 DDR, 1TB Crucial M.2 NVMe drive, RTX1080ti "Armor", Rift-S, and a piece of crap low end TM "HOTAS". Hopefully something good inbound

--------

Wishlist

AH-64 (any model)

MH-60

F-117

F-15E