VR Performances Problem in 2.7 ? try a clean DCS from scratch and redo settings...

fab.13

Hello,

In my first try in DCS 2.7 VR,
I just deleted fxo and metashader in "saved games" as we are used to do about minor patch.

Performances was lower than in 2.5.6 ( 45hz insteed of 90hz in my rift) in my "perfomances test mission"
I was a little disapointed...

I read this great forum,

some guys met the same problem, and tested a sucessful solution given by BN :
- rename 'saved games'

So i tried :
- rename 'saved games'
- start game from scratch ( without any mods ) and enable VR
- close DCS
- copy paste your input config
- start DCS and redo all settings step by step, starting from VR preset is good method.

Some rendering method seem to have been changed in DCS 2.7,
so you have to forget your 2.5.6 preceding settings,
and redo them until you get statisfied

I remember now this method from redo settings from scratch was proposed when we started with 2.5.6

And everything is now beautiful and smooth ( 90hz ! ),
The clarity in cockpit is incredible ( not the case in my first try ) better than in 2.5.6 for my point of view.

Next test time, i'll add mods one by one...

Good Job ED !

I hope this text will help people..

My Rig: i5 10600k,  1080ti, 32 GB Ram, SSD, Rift CV1

Edited by fab.13

I even went further and reinstalled everything from scratch - means I ereased 2 TB of games and data 

but it helped a lot ! 

using my settings from before, I can say that it runs now with 45fps reprojection again but the better clarity I cant agree on.

Reverb G2 set to 80% SS and 1.0 in DCS

My hope was that it maybe collided with some mods deep in the system (shadder, shadow or smtg else) - looks like it worked at least a bit, cause before it was unplayable.

5800X

RTX 3090

32Gb 3200Mhz

B550

Hello.

I believe that a 'dcs repair with delete  non official files option' get the same result than delete and donwload dcs ..(official files images from 2.7 )

About contrast, there is a specific thread about that.

Within my rift, i can now read jauges more easily with same PD and performances increased, less need of zoom for now for me

19 hours ago, Negativghostrdr said:

I tried the complete uninstall, fresh install, re-install modules, This didn't fix anything for me.   hmmm....

Hello,

You got a performance drop ?

As you didn't speak about settings,I suggest you to test from 'vr settings' first, and then change them carrefully one by one (PD first maybe)

• Like 1

Did I mention that I am a complete Noob compared to probably just about anybody on this board??😆   I will give it a try.  PD means Pixel Density?   It seems that the options have changed.  Don't know what Mirror eye source is.   Unable to use hand controllers to activate things the way I could a couple of weeks ago.  Ugh...Thank you for trying to help, Fab!😎

mirror eye source is just for what shows on the desktop. it doesnt do anything for you in VR. its for people who stream the game. but if you are using the Rift s then you can just set that to both eyes.

The pointer is being looked at now. for now if you uncheck palm button in the vr settings the controller thumbsticks will once again work as they did before.

• Like 1

Thank you Sirbum and fab.13!  I did try reducing the Pixel Density, and that seems to help.  My framerate was dramatically reduced from what it was in the previous version.  I have some hope now though that digging further into my settings can help that.  It's considerably better after the PD reduction, but still relatively bad.  Thank you Sirbum for the insight on the controller thumbsticks as well as the mirror eye source!  I will try unchecking the palm button when I get home tonight.  Thanks again folks!

On 4/16/2021 at 10:39 PM, fab.13 said:

Hello,

In my first try in DCS 2.7 VR,
I just deleted fxo and metashader in "saved games" as we are used to do about minor patch.

Performances was lower than in 2.5.6 ( 45hz insteed of 90hz in my rift) in my "perfomances test mission"
I was a little disapointed...

I read this great forum,

some guys met the same problem, and tested a sucessful solution given by BN :
- rename 'saved games'

So i tried :
- rename 'saved games'
- start game from scratch ( without any mods ) and enable VR
- close DCS
- copy paste your input config
- start DCS and redo all settings step by step, starting from VR preset is good method.

Some rendering method seem to have been changed in DCS 2.7,
so you have to forget your 2.5.6 preceding settings,
and redo them until you get statisfied

I remember now this method from redo settings from scratch was proposed when we started with 2.5.6

And everything is now beautiful and smooth ( 90hz ! ),
The clarity in cockpit is incredible ( not the case in my first try ) better than in 2.5.6 for my point of view.

Next test time, i'll add mods one by one...

Good Job ED !

I hope this text will help people..

My Rig: i5 10600k,  1080ti, 32 GB Ram, SSD, Rift CV1

Yeah so you just reduced a bunch of graphic settings. 
You didn't have to reinstall 100 gigs of game for that i think. 

Edited by Csgo GE oh yeah

Just an update.  I made those adjustments.  I had to take my PD down to 1.0, but the game is MUCH more playable.  Serbia with the new clouds....it's still got a ways to go (at least in VR with my rig) , but it is definitely an improvement.  I will not play without VR... the VR experience is kind of the whole point for me.  I know they will improve it!  Thanks again guys!

On 4/21/2021 at 8:37 PM, Negativghostrdr said:

Just an update.  I made those adjustments.  I had to take my PD down to 1.0, but the game is MUCH more playable.  Serbia with the new clouds....it's still got a ways to go (at least in VR with my rig) , but it is definitely an improvement.  I will not play without VR... the VR experience is kind of the whole point for me.  I know they will improve it!  Thanks again guys!

check to see what you have the clouds at. i think it defaults to standard, but the new clouds are hard on a system. so you could turn them down some and then maybe get back some of your PD. also there is a new slider for trees i believe it is. try turning that down. it may be rendering more trees now then before, and that may be why you are seeing less performace.