Units stop before waypoints (MP)

When giving units (t-72's in this case) waypoints, the unit will turn and drive towards the given waypoint. however, after a certain distance or period of time the vehicle stops as if it has reached the waypoint. giving a new waypoint gets the vehicle moving again but it never really seems to get more than halfway to the waypoint before stopping

Also, units follow pathing as if they are off road even when the path is set to be via roads and they start on roads.

18 hours ago, CAPT_Kirkpatrick said:

When giving units (t-72's in this case) waypoints, the unit will turn and drive towards the given waypoint. however, after a certain distance or period of time the vehicle stops as if it has reached the waypoint. giving a new waypoint gets the vehicle moving again but it never really seems to get more than halfway to the waypoint before stopping

Also, units follow pathing as if they are off road even when the path is set to be via roads and they start on roads.

Couple questions:

Are there enemy units that the T-72 detects before it reaches its way point?

If there are, then remove the enemy unit and see if the tank drives to the way point. I have noticed while working with WWII infantry in Combined Arms that they follow way points both on, and off road with out problems when there are no enemy units to detect. But once I place an enemy unit between the advancing infantry and its way point, it seems to break the connection with the way point for most of the infantry units.

Are you placing the tank on the map so that it starts on a road, and is the way point you are assigning also being placed on a road directly connected to the road the tank starts from?

When you place a way point for a vehicle on a road, you should see a colored line between the tank and the way point that follows all the contours of the road.

As I myself have just recently learned, you might want to consider adding a track file with you post so that it gets more attention.

Edited by Callsign112
  • Like 1

• 1 month later...
On 4/21/2021 at 2:11 AM, NineLine said:

I will need to see a track please. Thanks.

Path Stop.trk

I was able to capture a short track of the issues.

I've kinda gotten used to it, so I do the work around, before it fully develops, but you can still see it here.

After shooting down the Gazelle, the next time I open the F10 map, you can see me click on one of the adjacent BMP-2s and you can see, that it has stopped before completing its route and I change its speed from 20 to 0 and back to 20 and it starts moving again. 

This happens constantly on MP servers, 90% of the time you set a new path for a unit, it will either move a bit and stop, or completely not budge, until you 0 the speed and set it back to a positive number.

The T-55 in the start of the video also experiences this. The moment I give it a new path, it starts slowing down to 0, but I quickly reset its speed. The same can be seen to one of the BMPs, before I shot down the Gazelle.

I will try to capture more tracks tonight.

Edited by Shadow KT

'Shadow'

Everybody gotta be offended and take it personally now-a-days

@NineLine

I mean, if this isn't a perfect example of a track. Short track, to the point, clearly demonstrating the issues.

Give initial path to vehicle, it starts moving. Give it a new path, it changes course and drives for a very short period, before it halts, without completing its route. You have to brings its speed down to 0 and then back to a positive number and it continues on its path.

Path Stop 2.trk

• Like 3

'Shadow'

Everybody gotta be offended and take it personally now-a-days

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...