What's happenin with MAC?

lazduc

What is the latest information on MAC?  With the release of 2.7 and the futher repairs needed and the work on the F-16

and F-18 taking up most of the programming development/bug time, just wondering if the MAC idea has been forgotten

as there is no one left to work on it.  I for one am really looking forward to this addition.  So much so I have mostly focused 

on other sims.

Laz

• Like 1

They're still working on it, and have said so several times. ED has multiple teams, and can work on more than one thing at a time generally. There have not been any details provided as to what MAC will be or how it will work, afaik, probably whatever they were originally envisioning has been reassed and they're doing something different now. I wouldn't wait with bated breath exactly, if they're talking about something it usually means ''it'll be a while''.

Де вороги, знайдуться козаки їх перемогти.

5800x3d * 3090 * 64gb * Reverb G2

With new releases from other sim developers and since most are not study level configurations, I would think ED missed that opportunity.  So with that I 

believe that this project, MAC,  has been  put way way back on the development plans.  I really like Flaming Cliffs as I have the time to use it.

Not so much the study sims.  If ED would model more planes and types and ED's best guesses on flight fm would be fine.  I would think if several

new developers would just do MAC type planes and even maps there should be sufficient funds to be made.  I realize Mac types cannot be mixed with

the more fully molded types.

imo....;Laz

• Like 1

We'll see how MAC affects DCS, I had several theories jumping around, but then because of the lack of high-fidelity eastern airplanes FC3 just can't be removed like that, and it could be morphed into a MAC-planes-package-inside-DCS module keeping DCS likenesses and stuff, without any MAC specific things which will be a standalone game as it was revealed (AFAIK), with it's own GUI and the rest.

Infact now I came to a very interesting idea, Flaming Cliffs moniker could be kept, in order to differentiate the addon module from a standalone product, Flaming Cliffs 4 could well infact simply be the name for "MAC-planes-inside-DCS".

There's certainly reasons to keep and not keep FC moniker, MAC planes may be quite different and may not reflect the changes if you keep the name and simply add a number to it, maybe it was rewritten all from scratch, but it just depends what factors are more important to the devs, is it legacy of the brand, or they want to move on to another brand for other than technical reasons. Then whether it's even necessary for Flaming Cliffs to mean anything specific, does it denote an idea of  the level of fidelity, in this case mid-tier, ... well it doesn't, it only does so historically or how would I properly say it, the usage of the brand does it not the brand name/description it self.

Moreover MAC planes may be more advanced than perhaps what Flaming Cliffs 4 was meant to be but I guess that may not be relevant anymore.

It is good however to keep branding consistent, but if thigns go into another methodology of grouping products into categories then it should be avoided if that makes sense, currently there really are no official categories in any of the high-fidelity planes, well, there are simulation categories in terms of SFM AFM PFM ..etc but on the e-shop it's all sorted according to other factors and not the fidelity level.

Modules: A-10C I/II, F/A-18C, Mig-21Bis, M-2000C, AJS-37, Spitfire LF Mk. IX, P-47, FC3, SC, CA, WW2AP, CE2. Terrains: NTTR, Normandy, Persian Gulf, Syria

• 5 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 4/18/2021 at 3:37 PM, Tomas9970 said:

They said they want to release it in 3rd quarter of 2021 with latest date in Q4 2021.

https://www.digitalcombatsimulator.com/en/newsletters/newsletter08012021-txeuwna3q8uxe2dqmg6xelf4w2tfy3ek.html

Hopefully they will 

I9 12900k@ 5 GHz | 32 GB DDR4 | Asus ROG  Strix Z690-A Gaming Wifi d4| RTX 3090 | 6 TB SSD + 8 TB HDD | 4K Samsung Q90R 55" | VKB MK III PRO L | Virpil Throttle MONGOOST-50 | MFG Crosswind | TrackIR5

3 hours ago, Lenux said:

Hopefully they will 

I kinda doubt that, considering how close we are to Q4 2021 and the silence sourrounding this product.

Intel i7-12700K @ 8x5GHz+4x3.8GHz + 32 GB DDR5 RAM + Nvidia Geforce RTX 2080 (8 GB VRAM) + M.2 SSD + Windows 10 64Bit

DCS Panavia Tornado (IDS) really needs to be a thing!

Tornado3 small.jpg