FSSB R3 Lighting issues

• ED Team

Hi,

I have just got an issue where axes shows 0 in Realsimulator tool. In for example DCS it works but I have to manually select axis and it does not detect them if I move the stick. Is it broken or what could be wrong? Yesterday it was working fine. In DCC I cannot change firmware because when I disconnect FSSB and select a new one it does not detect FSSB and it does not change anything.

FSSB 3.jpg

FSSB 3-1.jpg

AMD Ryzen 9 3900X, GeForce RTX 2080Ti, 32 GB DRAM, HOTAS TM Warthog, FSSB R3 Lighting, MFG Crosswind, Win 10 Pro

Certainly a different screen from mine, it would look like it has not been recognised in Windows, is it listed in your USB game controllers?

image.png

image.png

PC: 9980XE @ 64GB RAM /2080Ti, Samsung C49RG90

Joystick bases: VKB GFIII, FSSB R3L, Brunner CLS-E, Virpil Mongoos CM2

Joystick grips: Realsimulator (F-18CGRH, F-16SGRH-CE), VKB (MCG Pro, F-14, KG-12), Virpil Warbrd

Throttles: Virpil CM2, Kantorrin,

Other: TrackIR, TM MFDx2 (Cubesim Screenx2), Virpil Control Panel 1

It is strange that the devise it listed 3 times in Windows USB Game Controller. Does the light and sounds on the FSSB still work 

I recommend to switch PC off unplug the FSSB at the devise. Restart windows and make sure no FSSB are present in USB Controller, reinstate the FSSB cable and make sure that the devise loads into Windows, and responds to axis changes. If it does....

Start the realsimulator RS_HID_DEV app and either open an old file or create a new file and see if it responds. 

After that I suggest contacting realsimulator 

PC: 9980XE @ 64GB RAM /2080Ti, Samsung C49RG90

Joystick bases: VKB GFIII, FSSB R3L, Brunner CLS-E, Virpil Mongoos CM2

Joystick grips: Realsimulator (F-18CGRH, F-16SGRH-CE), VKB (MCG Pro, F-14, KG-12), Virpil Warbrd

Throttles: Virpil CM2, Kantorrin,

Other: TrackIR, TM MFDx2 (Cubesim Screenx2), Virpil Control Panel 1

• ED Team

It was always 3 devices in games and Windows USB Game Controller. As far as I know it is on purpose so this is OK. Sounds and lights also work. But I tried older or newer RS_HID_DEV and I cannot either open an old file or create a new file. Appplication itself works.

AMD Ryzen 9 3900X, GeForce RTX 2080Ti, 32 GB DRAM, HOTAS TM Warthog, FSSB R3 Lighting, MFG Crosswind, Win 10 Pro

I'm not sure what firmware you're on but there's a version that only shows up as one device in windows.

Added firmware MJF_FW_F16-18_4_01_1. Based on firmware 4_00_1 with the second hid device (joystick with only buttons) disabled (March 4, 2021).

That said, even before I loaded this firmware mine never showed up as more than two devices.

Edited by FoxTwo

9 minutes ago, f-18hornet said:

I have MJF_FW_2_00_2 and I already got used to it to have it 3 times so this is not an issue for me.

Well a firmware that old may not be compatible with the latest version of the software. So either downgrade or load the new firmware.

With MJF firmware you should only see 2 devices listed (the way their DX inputs are assigned with this firmware with 32 inputs per device), so there is something wrong.  

PC: 5800X3D/4090, 11700K/3090, 9900K/2080Ti.

Joystick bases: TMW, VPC WarBRD, MT50CM2, VKB GFII, FSSB R3L

Joystick grips: TM (Warthog, F/A-18C), Realsimulator (F-16SGRH, F-18CGRH), VKB (Kosmosima LH, MCG, MCG Pro), VPC MongoosT50-CM2

Throttles: TMW, Winwing Super Taurus, Logitech Throttle Quadrant, Realsimulator Throttle (soon)

VR: HTC Vive/Pro, Oculus Rift/Quest 2, Valve Index, Varjo Aero, https://forum.dcs.world/topic/300065-varjo-aero-general-guide-for-new-owners/

• ED Team

I installed RS_HID_DEV 1.09 and firmware MJF_FW3_00_1 and it did the trick and now it works again.😀 Thanks guys for tips.👍

FSSB3-MJF_FW3_00_1.png

• 2 months later...
On 4/18/2021 at 9:14 PM, f-18hornet said:

I installed RS_HID_DEV 1.09 and firmware MJF_FW3_00_1 and it did the trick and now it works again.😀 Thanks guys for tips.👍

Where did you get firmware MJF_FW3_00_1? I only have MJF_FW_2_00_2.FSSB_R3 available in the folder.

Asus Maximus VIII Hero Alpha| i7-6700K @ 4.60GHz | nVidia GTX 1080ti Strix OC 11GB @ 2075MHz| 16GB G.Skill Trident Z RGB 3200Mhz DDR4 CL14 |

Samsung 950 PRO 512GB M.2 SSD | Corsair Force LE 480GB SSD | Windows 10 64-Bit | TM Warthog with FSSB R3 Lighting Base | VKB Gunfighter Pro + MCG | TM MFD's | Oculus Rift S | Jetseat FSE

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]