Aircraft spawns below helipad floor since DCS v2.7

Bailey

I have tested 13 different hellipads. Of the 8 that I was able to place a "Start on ground" helicopter at, all 8 the spawns were inside of the helipad, on the ground/grass. I also tried a few aircraft with the same result. I believe that the patch note that states "Aircraft set to take-off from ground spawn on top of shelters - fixed." (https://www.digitalcombatsimulator.com/en/news/changelog/openbeta/2.7.0.4625/) may be related. I have tried helipads that were in the game before DCS 2.7 as well as helipads that were added with DCS 2.7. Video and a track are attached. 

SpawnUnderHelipad.trk

Edited by Bailey
  • Like 3

• 2 weeks later...

Another hotfix has come and past..

I know the Ugra team is small and probably entirely occupied with Cyprus because the community seems to be hammering on its release, but please PLEASE, I'm begging you :worthy:, do not wait for the next big update, but consider expediting work on a hotfix for all the broken helipads.

Platforms that worked just fine before (like the ones at Netafim), are now broken -> Start from ground does not place the helicopter on top of the helipads, but inside 'em

This bug breaks already existing and uploaded missions, making them unplayable for at least all people playing on OB

(like this mission of mine: https://www.digitalcombatsimulator.com/en/files/3312246/ )

Not my intention to rant here, you're map is astonishingly beautiful, especially for us helo guys... But all the more reason to squash this (in my layman eyes) simple bug a.s.a.p.

• Like 1

System specs:

i7-8700K @stock speed - GTX 1080TI @ stock speed - AsRock Extreme4 Z370 - 32GB DDR4 @3GHz- 500GB SSD - 2TB nvme - 650W PSU

HP Reverb G1 v2 - Saitek Pro pedals - TM Warthog HOTAS - TM F/A-18 Grip - TM Cougar HOTAS (NN-Dan mod) & (throttle standalone mod) - VIRPIL VPC Rotor TCS Plus with ALPHA-L grip - Pointctrl & aux banks <-- must have for VR users!! - Andre's SimShaker Jetpad - Fully adjustable DIY playseat - VA+VAICOM

~ That nuke might not have been the best of ideas, Sir... the enemy is furious ~ GUMMBAH

Helipads, typos in position locations, parking spots, As much as I love it there are a lot of bugs to be addressed on the map

Hornet, Super Carrier, Warthog & (II), Mustang, Spitfire, Albatross, Sabre, Combined Arms, FC3, Nevada, Gulf, Normandy, Syria AH-6J

i9 10900K @ 5.0GHz, Gigabyte Z490 Vision G, Cooler Master ML120L, Gigabyte RTX3080 OC Gaming 10Gb, 64GB RAM, Reverb G2 @ 2480x2428, TM Warthog, Saitek pedals & throttle, DIY collective, TrackIR4, Cougar MFDs, vx3276-2k

Combat Wombat's Airfield & Enroute Maps and Planning Tools

cw1.png

25 minutes ago, shu77 said:

Helipads, typos in position locations, parking spots, As much as I love it there are a lot of bugs to be addressed on the map

I know there's more bugs, but as for the helipads;

I find it especially concerning that some, if not, most of them used to work ok in the past. That's why I wish this could get highest priority (personally I find it much more important than adding Cyprus at this moment)

Not sure exactly when this broke, but this bug also breaks existing missions ☹️

(obviously, when starting inside a helipad instead of on top, this instantly damages your helo).

System specs:

i7-8700K @stock speed - GTX 1080TI @ stock speed - AsRock Extreme4 Z370 - 32GB DDR4 @3GHz- 500GB SSD - 2TB nvme - 650W PSU

HP Reverb G1 v2 - Saitek Pro pedals - TM Warthog HOTAS - TM F/A-18 Grip - TM Cougar HOTAS (NN-Dan mod) & (throttle standalone mod) - VIRPIL VPC Rotor TCS Plus with ALPHA-L grip - Pointctrl & aux banks <-- must have for VR users!! - Andre's SimShaker Jetpad - Fully adjustable DIY playseat - VA+VAICOM

~ That nuke might not have been the best of ideas, Sir... the enemy is furious ~ GUMMBAH

Just now, sirrah said:

I know there's more bugs, but as for the helipads;

I find it especially concerning that some, if not, most of them used to work ok in the past. That's why I wish this could get highest priority (personally I find it much more important than adding Cyprus at this moment)

Not sure exactly when this broke, but this bug also breaks existing missions ☹️

(obviously, when starting inside a helipad instead of on top, this instantly damages your helo).

Maybe try to get it escalated or request a status update from @BIGNEWY or @MAESTR0 ?

2 minutes ago, ArjenHVA said:

Maybe try to get it escalated or request a status update from @BIGNEWY or @MAESTR0 ?

Well, by adding @MAESTR0 & @BIGNEWY to your post, you just did 😉

(see what I did there? 😛

• Like 2

System specs:

• ED Team

Hi all

I have reported it, I am waiting to hear from the Ugra media team, they are hard at work but as soon as I have some news I will let you know. 

thanks

• Thanks 4

smallCATPILOT.PNG.04bbece1b27ff1b2c193b174ec410fc0.PNG

Forum rules - DCS Crashing? Try this first - Cleanup and Repair - Discord BIGNEWY#8703 - Youtube - Patch Status

Windows 11, NVIDIA MSI RTX 3090, Intel® i9-10900K 3.70GHz, 5.30GHz Turbo, Corsair Hydro Series H150i Pro, 64GB DDR @3200, ASUS ROG Strix Z490-F Gaming, HP Reverb G2

• 2 weeks later...

Was secretly hoping they forgot to mention this in todays OB patch, but still, no hotfix for this mission breaking bug 😞 

To be more precise, no fix whatsoever on any of the Syria bugs... All these Cyprus eye candy screenshots from @MAESTR0 look great and I may be alone on this, but I wish they postponed their work on Cyprus and solved at least some of the more urgent bugs first, before adding more content.

Again, most of these helipads used to work fine and somewhere along the way, they broke.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

System specs:

20 hours ago, sirrah said:

All these Cyprus eye candy screenshots from @MAESTR0 look great and I may be alone on this, but I wish they postponed their work on Cyprus and solved at least some of the more urgent bugs first, before adding more content.

You are not alone.

• Like 1

They don't have to postpone Cyprus in order to fix the bugs, what are you saying? There are some of us that have been waiting for Cyprus since they announced it. Personally, Cyprus is the only reason i bought this map.

They will probably (hopefully) release both Cyprus and the bug fixes together in the next big update.

Edited by trelos57

12 hours ago, trelos57 said:

They don't have to postpone Cyprus in order to fix the bugs, what are you saying? There are some of us that have been waiting for Cyprus since they announced it. Personally, Cyprus is the only reason i bought this map.

They will probably (hopefully) release both Cyprus and the bug fixes together in the next big update.

You didn't read my post carefully enough. I said:

"I wish they postponed their work on Cyprus and solved at least some of the more urgent bugs first"

Knowing Ugra is just a very small team, I think it'd be better if they focused on bug fixing first. Some of them should be easy fixes (like the stupid billboards for instance.. I mean, it was a fun joke, but we're a few months further now.. common.. really??)

I know Cyprus (and mainly Akritori) somehow is very popular to many and sure, I'll probably love it aswell once released. But I didn't buy this map for Cyprus (when I pre-ordered it, Cyprus wasn't even confirmed yet, at least not that I knew of). I love this map, also without Cyprus, that's why it's so frustrating to me that there's still so many small but mission and immersion killing bugs. Some of them have been there since day one.

System specs:

1 hour ago, sirrah said:

You didn't read my post carefully enough. I said:

"I wish they postponed their work on Cyprus and solved at least some of the more urgent bugs first"

Knowing Ugra is just a very small team, I think it'd be better if they focused on bug fixing first. Some of them should be easy fixes (like the stupid billboards for instance.. I mean, it was a fun joke, but we're a few months further now.. common.. really??)

I know Cyprus (and mainly Akritori) somehow is very popular to many and sure, I'll probably love it aswell once released. But I didn't buy this map for Cyprus (when I pre-ordered it, Cyprus wasn't even confirmed yet, at least not that I knew of). I love this map, also without Cyprus, that's why it's so frustrating to me that there's still so many small but mission and immersion killing bugs. Some of them have been there since day one.

Understandable man. But yeah, they've working on this update for a long time so maybe they will also fix the bugs you mentioned.

• 3 weeks later...
1 hour ago, Forest Rat said:

From the pads I've tested, this appears to be fixed in 2.7.2.7910.1.

That's very good news! :cheer3nc:

System specs:

10 hours ago, Forest Rat said:

From the pads I've tested, this appears to be fixed in 2.7.2.7910.1.

Confirmed on one chopper pad on Cyprus. Whoooo!

Ok, I confirmed most of the "old" helipads on the mainland. Most of them work enough that I think it is worth it to close this thread and open new ones for unique cases. Thanks Urga!

• Thanks 1

On 6/17/2021 at 4:51 AM, Bailey said:

Confirmed on one chopper pad on Cyprus. Whoooo!

Ok, I confirmed most of the "old" helipads on the mainland. Most of them work enough that I think it is worth it to close this thread and open new ones for unique cases. Thanks Urga!

Sorry guys...

I'm afraid I do have to reopen this bug report 😞

Need more testing (installing latest OB now on my mission editor laptop, for easy access), but this happened:

• I placed a Mi-24 on the helipad next to the ruins of St. Hilarion Kalesi (few miles North of Pinarbashi airstrip)

(MAESTRO posted this screenshot of the helipad before:

Screenshot_511.jpg

• Initially I placed it as "start from ground hot" and it spawned nicely on top of the platform.
  • Yesterday I changed it in to "start from ground" (so cold and dark) and I spawned under the platform again ☹️
  • Changing back to "start from ground hot" didn't help.. now I always start below/inside the platform..

I'll try and do some more testing today on other helipads (if download speeds are good to me 🤞)

• Like 1

System specs:

So, I did some more testing and discovered at least two helipads where the helicopter starts under/inside the platform

Screen_210621_152645.png

&

Screen_210621_152738.png

I definitely did not test all of the 153 helipads (at some point I need to work as well 😛), so I'd be highly surprised if all the others work ok.

Here's a miz file with the 2 bugged helipads I found during ±1 hour of testing:

Bugged Syria Helipads.miz

Also, a lot of helipads still won't allow for helicopter placement "take off from ground (hot)"

Screen_210621_153422.jpg

Many of them located around Hatay and between Naqoura and Kiryat Shmona

@BIGNEWY or @NineLine; I know you guys are occupied with the Hind release, but could you please report/communicate this to Ugra?

Edited by sirrah
  • Like 1

System specs:

Some more findings:

When placing a Mi-24 or Ka-50 as AI on platforms, the left wheel sinks through the platform, destroying the helicopter.

When placing them as client the don't "sink"

This happened on all platforms that I tested (tried various helipads across Cyprus and Israel)

Below is just an example, but I could have picked about any random helipad:

Screen_210622_155333.jpg

Screen_210622_155420.jpg

Please see and test the attached .miz file to reproduce

@MAESTR0, @BIGNEWY & @NineLine, sorry if I appear to be hammering about this issue, but with the Hind and all the 'new' helo enthusiasts, this is an unnecessary blot on an otherwise exquisite map.

Bugged Syria Helipads 2.miz

(also tested with the Gazelle, Huey and Hip, but they don't seem to be affected and stay intact)

Edited by sirrah
  • Like 1

System specs: