Clouds shadow

The new 2.7 clouds look amazing, but I think they need some adjustment . 

The clouds shadow  are on the ground too strong I think. And they are too dark too.  specially if there  are multiple layer. Below the clouds we can see like the night time .

And the edge of the clouds are too big  contrast  between the bright and the dark side. 

I guess there need more light, through the clouds even if they are very thick .

And another thought about the light, why the taxi light or landing light looks on the ground so sharp  in the daytime ? It should be eliminated by the distance or at least there should not show so sharp on the edge of the triangular shape .

• Like 2

What is your gamma setting? I used to run Gamma 1.4 in 2.5 but they have changed something in the lighting engine. I-ve gone up to 1.7 but I think Im gonna push it up to 1.9 or even 2.0

• Like 2

Specs: Win10, i5-13600KF, 32GB DDR4 RAM 3200XMP, 1 TB M2 NVMe SSD, KFA2 RTX3090, VR G2 Headset, Warthog Throttle+Saitek Pedals+MSFFB2  Joystick. 

the problem with gamma is that it is not eliminate the problem, because the high contrast between the bright and the dark side is still there. 

And If there is some part are bright , after the gamma level up , it will be more brighter and its colour faded. 

• 2 months later...

The issue with the cloud shadows is the ignoring of indirect lighting by the sky itself. The sunlight shines through the atmosphere and spreads in all directions. Also to the ground. The problem could be reduced by decreasing the cloud shadow intensity, which might look weird in some situations as well or it could be fully resolved by creating another soft light source, with the color tone of the sky, shining parallel down.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Gainward RTX 2080 OC | i7 8700K OC | 32GB G.Skill RipJaws V DDR4 3600 MHz | MSI Z370-A PRO | Samsung 970 EVO 500GB