Any new Hind news?

WarHawk72

16 minutes ago, Mr.Scar said:

Its the russian counterpart of the Lantirn pod. Russians call it the Palantirn pod. 😄

And on the serious side. A Palantir was a seeing stone from Lord of The Rings. Used by Saruman. Quite a bit of fluff if you are interested.

Oh I see! 😄 thank you for the explanation because LoTR is not my thing 😄 

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
36 minutes ago, Rabies said:

Hmmmm, an update in the middle of the week. Could this indicate a possible module release on Friday? I so love starting rumours 🤪

Doubt it I'm afraid.

• Like 1

Modules I own: F-14A/B, Mi-24P, AV-8B N/A, AJS 37, F-5E-3, MiG-21bis, F-16CM, F/A-18C, Supercarrier, Mi-8MTV2, UH-1H, Mirage 2000C, FC3, MiG-15bis, Ka-50, A-10C (+ A-10C II), P-47D, P-51D, C-101, Yak-52, WWII Assets, CA, NS430, Hawk.

Terrains I own: South Atlantic, Syria, The Channel, SoH/PG, Marianas.

System:

GIGABYTE B650 AORUS ELITE AX, AMD Ryzen 5 7600, Corsair Vengeance DDR5-5200 32 GB, Western Digital Black SN850X 1 TB (DCS dedicated) & 2 TB NVMe SSDs, Corsair RM850X 850 W, NZXT H7 Flow, MSI G274CV.

Peripherals: VKB Gunfighter Mk.II w. MCG Pro, MFG Crosswind V3 Graphite, Logitech Extreme 3D Pro.

I'm gonna go with no new news, is good news 🙂

Edited by Lurker

Specs: Win10, i5-13600KF, 32GB DDR4 RAM 3200XMP, 1 TB M2 NVMe SSD, KFA2 RTX3090, VR G2 Headset, Warthog Throttle+Saitek Pedals+MSFFB2  Joystick. 

12 minutes ago, KABASAKAL said:

How do you know it has 2 more weeks, or is this just a guess?

It's just a meme, none of us here knows when it's coming out

Edited by Morrov
  • Like 2

10 hours ago, CrazyGman said:

Well if history is to be remembered they said end of 2nd qaurter....which means June 30th to them.....which means likely mid to end of July

I have the same assessment and I would be happy with a release mid-July(just after my holidays).

End June, Mid-July seems to be the most realistic agenda...

• Like 2

Yeah, Hind Mini-Updates incoming!!! 

🎉🍾🍻🍾🎉

Modules: KA-50, A-10C, FC3, UH-1H, MI-8MTV2, CA, MIG-21bis, FW-190D9, Bf-109K4, F-86F, MIG-15bis, M-2000C, SA342 Gazelle, AJS-37 Viggen, F/A-18C, F-14, C-101, FW-190A8, F-16C, F-5E, JF-17, SC, Mi-24P Hind, AH-64D Apache, Mirage F1, F-4E Phantom II

System: Win 11 Pro 64bit, Ryzen 3800X, 32gb RAM DDR4-3200, PowerColor Radeon RX 6900XT Red Devil ,1 x Samsung SSD 970 EVO Plus 2TB NVMe, 2 x Samsung SSD 2TB + 1TB SATA, MFG Crosswind Rudder Pedals - VIRPIL T-50CM and VIRPIL MongoosT-50 Throttle - HP Reverg G2, using only the latest Open Beta, DCS settings

Surely we'll be getting it relatively soon with this, though I guess it depends on how often Wags posts.

If one were to use the last ED module the F-16 as a basis he posted the introduction video in May of 2019, then it didn't come out until October of the same year, which would be both unfortunate and unlikely.

Atleast I really hope unlikely.

F-16 was a completely different beast, though. Also, its release was infamous for being horribly rushed. I don't think it's indicative of anything in particular.

Knowing my luck, it'll come on July 23, so I'll have to fly this beast with my arm still sore from my second dose of the vaccine. 🙂 

2 hours ago, Dragon1-1 said:

F-16 was a completely different beast, though. Also, its release was infamous for being horribly rushed. I don't think it's indicative of anything in particular.

Knowing my luck, it'll come on July 23, so I'll have to fly this beast with my arm still sore from my second dose of the vaccine. 🙂 

Possibly, but I've got a good feeling for June.

2 hours ago, Havremonster said:

Anyway, it is a good time to prepare some missions in ME for the Hind while waiting 🙂

That's a excellent idea.  Pm me if you get any good stuff. Also if you're interested we could collab and make a simple series of missions that people could use for training.  (I.e. like make an map with several choose able hinds. One cold dark one hot start one air start.  Some different targets etc.  Some ships to practice landing on (just for the difficulty - you need to have a good hand to land on a moving ship)

• Like 1

Impossible to say when as not even Wags knows tbh, but we got our first official tutorial video (just an intro) yesterday. So I suspect it's not more than a month or two out.

System specs: i5-10600k (4.9 GHz), RX 6950XT, 32GB DDR4 3200, NVMe SSD, Reverb G2, WinWing Super Libra/Taurus, CH Pro Pedals.

7 hours ago, BeastyBaiter said:

Impossible to say when as not even Wags knows tbh, but we got our first official tutorial video (just an intro) yesterday. So I suspect it's not more than a month or two out.

I think it depends on how quickly wags starts posting the videos, really. Obviously he doesn't know for certain, but if it's in a state that he is able to release videos about all the systems and their functions then it means the hind is either very, very close to completion or already in a good EA state.

Idk guys this isn't lookin bad at all. 2 vids this week.  Id been guessing on late june; I'd be lying if I said I wouldn't be delighted with the next couple weeks.

All that said more than anything else on Wags videos; I want to see how Petrovich turned out.  I'll be getting the hind either way but I'm somewhat nervous.  It's still too early to tell from the videos but I did worriedly try to remember how early into F14 vids I could already hear jester.  Jester was so active iirc he could be heard before they even got to that.  

I guess we will see. Heatblur set the bar high that's for sure. Jester is far far from perfect but when you remember nothing like him had been done and see what he still can do it's damned impressive.

Edited by sublime

11 hours ago, sublime said:

Idk guys this isn't lookin bad at all. 2 vids this week.  Id been guessing on late june; I'd be lying if I said I wouldn't be delighted with the next couple weeks.

All that said more than anything else on Wags videos; I want to see how Petrovich turned out.  I'll be getting the hind either way but I'm somewhat nervous.  It's still too early to tell from the videos but I did worriedly try to remember how early into F14 vids I could already hear jester.  Jester was so active iirc he could be heard before they even got to that.  

I guess we will see. Heatblur set the bar high that's for sure. Jester is far far from perfect but when you remember nothing like him had been done and see what he still can do it's damned impressive.

You can hear Petrovich call out a ground target in the startup video (around the time Wags was pulling the brake paddle), so there's that.

The EA feature list does say that he will be in his basic form to start with and will evolve over time though.

Steam shop states 31 May as release date and, if i rememeber correctly, i think ED said that Valver are very aggresive on not meeting the release date so maybe the Hind will be released next Monday?

NZXT H9 Flow Black | Intel Core i5 13600KF OCed P5.6 E4.4 | Gigabyte Z790 Aorus Elite AX | G.Skill Trident Z5 Neo DDR5-6000 32GB C30 OCed 6600 C32 | nVidia GeForce RTX 4090 Founders Edition |  Western Digital SN770 2TB | Gigabyte GP-UD1000GM PG5 ATX 3.0 1000W | SteelSeries Apex 7 | Razer Viper Mini | SteelSeries Artics Nova 7 | LG OLED42C2 | Xiaomi P1 55"

Virpil T-50 CM2 Base + Thrustmaster Warthog Stick | WinWing Orion 2 F16EX Viper Throttle  | WinWing ICP | 3 x Thrustmaster MFD | Saitek Combat Rudder Pedals | Oculus Quest 2

DCS World | Persian Gulf | Syria | Flaming Cliff 3 | P-51D Mustang | Spitfire LF Mk. IX | Fw-109 A-8 | A-10C II Tank Killer | F/A-18C Hornet | F-14B Tomcat | F-16C Viper | F-15E Strike Eagle | M2000C | Ka-50 BlackShark III | Mi-24P Hind | AH-64D Apache | SuperCarrier

32 minutes ago, 5ephir0th said:

Steam shop states 31 May as release date

It's nothing but a placeholder because you need to enter a date there.

It may or may not happen, but personally I expect there's a little bit more to wait yet.

Wishlist: F-4E Block 53 +, MiG-27K, Su-17M3 or M4, AH-1F or W circa 80s or early 90s, J35 Draken, Kfir C7, Mirage III/V

DCS-Dismounts Script