Any new Hind news?

WarHawk72

Bignewy just updated the expectd OB release date to 27th of May which is TODAY, as well as Steam store indicates that the expected release is on the 31st of May. So maaaybe, just maaaybe we will get it today?

27 minutes ago, BioZ said:

Bignewy just updated the expectd OB release date to 27th of May which is TODAY, as well as Steam store indicates that the expected release is on the 31st of May. So maaaybe, just maaaybe we will get it today?

Subject to change 🙂 
Nah, too early for Hind (today) but soon, we all know that 🙂 as well we know that Steam date is place holder only.

Intel i7-13700KF :: ROG STRIX Z790-A GAMING WIFI D4 :: Corsair Vengeance LPX 64GB ::  MSI RTX 4080  Gaming X Trio  :: VKB Gunfighter MK.III MCG Ultimate :: VPC MongoosT-50 CM3 :: non-VR :: single player :: open beta

Just now, Gierasimov said:

Subject to change 🙂 
Nah, too early for Hind (today) but soon, we all know that 🙂 as well we know that Steam date is place holder only.

And then of course there is the chance of an inevitable sale, which is great, but also means a good two-week wait.

Some of the planes, but all of the maps!

57 minutes ago, WinterH said:

It's nothing but a placeholder because you need to enter a date there.

It may or may not happen, but personally I expect there's a little bit more to wait yet.

I know it´s a placeholder but knowing Valve don´t like a broken release date i don´t think it´s simply a random date, more like a worst case scenario

NZXT H9 Flow Black | Intel Core i5 13600KF OCed P5.6 E4.4 | Gigabyte Z790 Aorus Elite AX | G.Skill Trident Z5 Neo DDR5-6000 32GB C30 OCed 6600 C32 | nVidia GeForce RTX 4090 Founders Edition |  Western Digital SN770 2TB | Gigabyte GP-UD1000GM PG5 ATX 3.0 1000W | SteelSeries Apex 7 | Razer Viper Mini | SteelSeries Artics Nova 7 | LG OLED42C2 | Xiaomi P1 55"

Virpil T-50 CM2 Base + Thrustmaster Warthog Stick | WinWing Orion 2 F16EX Viper Throttle  | WinWing ICP | 3 x Thrustmaster MFD | Saitek Combat Rudder Pedals | Oculus Quest 2

DCS World | Persian Gulf | Syria | Flaming Cliff 3 | P-51D Mustang | Spitfire LF Mk. IX | Fw-109 A-8 | A-10C II Tank Killer | F/A-18C Hornet | F-14B Tomcat | F-16C Viper | F-15E Strike Eagle | M2000C | Ka-50 BlackShark III | Mi-24P Hind | AH-64D Apache | SuperCarrier

14 minutes ago, 5ephir0th said:

I know it´s a placeholder but knowing Valve don´t like a broken release date i don´t think it´s simply a random date, more like a worst case scenario

There's also this, calling it their best estimate back when the steam pre order started:

• ED Team

Without the date in steam we would not be able to bring the pre-order to steam. 

It is our best estimate, as soon as we are ready we will define the date for you all. 

The DCS:Mi-24P is currently in testing and we are getting much closer to early access. 

thanks as usual for your patience. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 9

smallCATPILOT.PNG.04bbece1b27ff1b2c193b174ec410fc0.PNG

Forum rules - DCS Crashing? Try this first - Cleanup and Repair - Discord BIGNEWY#8703 - Youtube - Patch Status

Windows 11, NVIDIA MSI RTX 3090, Intel® i9-10900K 3.70GHz, 5.30GHz Turbo, Corsair Hydro Series H150i Pro, 64GB DDR @3200, ASUS ROG Strix Z490-F Gaming, HP Reverb G2

No way to know for certain. I imagine we're going to hear something Friday to either confirm or deny the 31st release date.

I'm hopeful, but I have to imagine there will be a denial, and I don't know about that 27th date, I haven't seen that anywhere until right now.

11 hours ago, BioZ said:

My guess, for whatever it is worth is probably at least a week out, probably two.  As they have said, they only gave a date on steam because it is required to have a date for pre order, but it was a rough estimate.  But hey, I'm not anyone and definitely not in the know, just my guess by the way things are going.  I still check every day though lol.

1 minute ago, Dograw75 said:

My guess, for whatever it is worth is probably at least a week out, probably two.  As they have said, they only gave a date on steam because it is required to have a date for pre order, but it was a rough estimate.  But hey, I'm not anyone and definitely not in the know, just my guess by the way things are going.  I still check every day though lol.

certainly wouldn't mind a sooner than later release date! i was expecting a late june early july release, but with wags being allowed to drop videos on the regular (I know he doesn't know) I have bumped my expectations up a bit to early to mid june

9 minutes ago, Lucas_From_Hell said:

Nope. Valve is peculiar about having a date at all listed, but it doesn't have to be met.

Yeah, that's is what I'm saying.  They put a date because they had to, but its doesn't mean it is an accurate date.

18 minutes ago, Czechnology said:

What discord, if I could ask? 

The official Eagle Dynamics server. Apparently June 9th has been their internal guesstimate for a while, but that could still change.

77619d0318c63aec5eea94c996792713.png

• Like 3

Untitled-2.png

12 hours ago, Dograw75 said:

Yeah, that's is what I'm saying.  They put a date because they had to, but its doesn't mean it is an accurate date.

well i'm thinking they also don't want to announce the very day of the release that it won't release... something ED should have been able to at least update them prior too. then again maybe ED did notify them...

Edited by Porkie
added

Well the date is still there. I don't remember rightly how they did it with the Viper in terms of how long before they said "we're changing it btw", which is the only frame of reference I have on this in particular. I would like to imagine that they would have said something in the newsletter about it, but who knows, ED might not care all that much about the steam side of the sales, I'd imagine they prefer their independent website and all to make sure they get to all of their slice of the money rather than having to give some up to steam.

tl;dr: they didn't say anything friday, but they probably don't care all that much

Anyone else slightly worried that Petrovich AI won't be able to employ the ATGM AT missiles, at least initially on EA release? Hopefully I'm wrong about this. 

Specs: Win10, i5-13600KF, 32GB DDR4 RAM 3200XMP, 1 TB M2 NVMe SSD, KFA2 RTX3090, VR G2 Headset, Warthog Throttle+Saitek Pedals+MSFFB2  Joystick.