Any new Hind news?

WarHawk72

12 minutes ago, Mike789 said:

Maybe it’s my current timezone I’m GMT +8 right now. But it showed the 16th for me a few hours ago. 

10DF7B2D-2184-46F0-9199-C546D5B79F74.jpeg

Still says 16th for me over here in CST, but unless Eagle Dynamics is about to spoil us we're probably not getting it this week.

7 minutes ago, sorcer3r said:

changing the release date 24h before "official" steam release date happens is not fair... so release will be on the 16th, right? 🙂

also they changed the steam release date when it said the 31st of May AFTER it was "released" on steam lol

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

It does not matter one bit what date is shown in Steam. It's always been, is and will be a placeholder date. That was said many times. 

Even PilotMi8 said in RU section that if the Hind releases tomorrow is unknown yet.

Think about it though - they said that there will be A WARNING that pre-sale discount going to end BEFORE it ends, then if it was to release tomorrow, we would have already knew, I mean what, Kate comes to the office tomorrow and says "go" and there is a scramble, elephant walk to rush it to beta?

I would say it does not work like that. 

Intel i7-13700KF :: ROG STRIX Z790-A GAMING WIFI D4 :: Corsair Vengeance LPX 64GB ::  MSI RTX 4080  Gaming X Trio  :: VKB Gunfighter MK.III MCG Ultimate :: VPC MongoosT-50 CM3 :: non-VR :: single player :: open beta

1 minute ago, foxonefoxtwo said:

Would be so nice to have an actual date of release

Well yes, maybe tomorrow they will confirm this. 

For now even a patch tomorrow remains unconfirmed. 

• Like 1

Intel i7-13700KF :: ROG STRIX Z790-A GAMING WIFI D4 :: Corsair Vengeance LPX 64GB ::  MSI RTX 4080  Gaming X Trio  :: VKB Gunfighter MK.III MCG Ultimate :: VPC MongoosT-50 CM3 :: non-VR :: single player :: open beta

1 hour ago, Gierasimov said:

It does not matter one bit what date is shown in Steam. It's always been, is and will be a placeholder date. That was said many times. 

Even PilotMi8 said in RU section that if the Hind releases tomorrow is unknown yet.

Think about it though - they said that there will be A WARNING that pre-sale discount going to end BEFORE it ends, then if it was to release tomorrow, we would have already knew, I mean what, Kate comes to the office tomorrow and says "go" and there is a scramble, elephant walk to rush it to beta?

I would say it does not work like that. 

Im not sure if it could be considered a warning or not but in one of the newest YouTube guides the description does say the presale is ending, and I quote, “SOON”.

21 minutes ago, w4rlord117 said:

Im not sure if it could be considered a warning or not but in one of the newest YouTube guides the description does say the presale is ending, and I quote, “SOON”.

I figured the free trial period that just started was a kind of distraction to keep everyone busy for at least two-weeks. So I wouldn't be surprised if the Hind is put off a bit.

That said, the free trial program is great! :drinks_cheers:

Some of the planes, but all of the maps!

14 hours to go on my end... 🙂

7 hours ago, zerO_crash said:

I just received my stick today, I´m currently working on setting it up. So far, 11/10. The build quality, motors, feel, etc... is simply out of this world. Absolutely worth it. With that said, I need to get the FFB-effects to work. The software isn´t too explaining, and info is scattered around on Brunner´s forums and so on. I´ll give you feedback once all of the software is running as it should, and all the effects are running the way I want them.

Sounds great, looking forward to your feedback on it awesome.png

• Like 2

dcsdashie-hb-ed.jpg

5 hours ago, Beirut said:

I figured the free trial period that just started was a kind of distraction to keep everyone busy for at least two-weeks. So I wouldn't be surprised if the Hind is put off a bit.

That said, the free trial program is great! :drinks_cheers:

Well, the new product release is even more important to ED than to us, and both sides want as little problems as possible.

For example, to me, lack of voiceovers for Petrovich would be holding the Early Access. ED knows the best. I waited long, I can wait a little longer. 

9 minutes ago, RealDCSpilot said:

It's coming today:

Damn.... There went my couple days....

I have been focusing to one of the projects and totally lost idea of the what day it is. I was like it was 9th and then I read yesterday that ED had is going to "have meeting today that are they good for release on 16th". And I was like "Wow, release at the end of the week, cool".

And then couple hours later I had notification on phone that said "You have scheduled meeting tomorrow 16th...." And I was like WTF?! Mi-24P might get released today!

And now it is official?

• Like 1

i7-8700k, 32GB 2666Mhz DDR4, 2x 2080S SLI 8GB, Oculus Rift S.

i7-8700k, 16GB 2666Mhz DDR4, 1080Ti 11GB, 27" 4K, 65" HDR 4K.

How difficult is it to edit the kneeboard? Do you think there is a chance that Eagle Dynamics might include even a simplified start-up checklist for the Hind in there?

• Like 1

Specs: Win10, i5-13600KF, 32GB DDR4 RAM 3200XMP, 1 TB M2 NVMe SSD, KFA2 RTX3090, VR G2 Headset, Warthog Throttle+Saitek Pedals+MSFFB2  Joystick. 

25 minutes ago, Lurker said:

How difficult is it to edit the kneeboard? Do you think there is a chance that Eagle Dynamics might include even a simplified start-up checklist for the Hind in there?

You just place a picture files to specific directory and they are available there.

There is nothing special there as you can freely do wanted images with specific resolutions (ratios). 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Gierasimov said:

Well, the new product release is even more important to ED than to us, and both sides want as little problems as possible.

For example, to me, lack of voiceovers for Petrovich would be holding the Early Access. ED knows the best. I waited long, I can wait a little longer. 

I don't mind getting it a bit early and letting them patch it. As long as the FM works and we can learn to handle it while we wait, I don't mind the imperfections. Many have complained, for example, about the Harrier being unfinished, and maybe it is, but I've been having a blast with it since I bought it in 2019. 

But then maybe I'm just easy to please. :happy:

Edit: Steam says it unlocks in 3 hours.

Not sure I'd put money on that. But we'll see. 

Edited by Beirut
  • Like 3

Some of the planes, but all of the maps!

1 minute ago, Dograw75 said:

Pretty sure it is not releasing today...  I mean on one hand I wasn't expecting it to, but on the other I was really hoping

You are not pressing F5 fast enough I see.... 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Fri13 said:

You are not pressing F5 fast enough I see.... 

7 minutes ago, 5k0rp1on said:

its confirmed to be releasing today

5 minutes ago, Snakepit92 said:

It is, been confirmed

😃😃😃😃😃😃😃

Wait....

Steam only just reduced the discount, and says coming soon.  And says that discount end on the 23rd...

Edited by Dograw75
  • Like 1