Recenter view doesn't work with Virtual Desktop (Oculus)

Nealius

The DCS UI recenter view command does not work when streaming VR to Oculus devices via Virtual Desktop. Zoom commands work fine. Recenter view works fine with connected via Link. It does not work when connected wirelessly and requires the user to use hand controllers to enter the Oculus menu and reset the view from there.

Yep, same for me.

Intel Core i7 6700K @ 4.5GHz. Asus-Z170-PRO MB

CORSAIR H105 HYDRO CPU COOLER.

EVGA GTX 1080Ti FTW3 Elite.

16GB DDR4 2666MHZ HYPERX SAVAGE.

SAMSUNG M.2 SSD 128GB SM951 Boot Drive.

SAMSUNG SSD 500GB EVO Working Drive.

Windows 10 Professional

Same here but not just for Oculus. Also G2. Center view is Useless. Cant physically move your head forward to zoom in to an area. Seems like the view position is locked in on area. 

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

2 hours ago, Wood said:

Same here but not just for Oculus. Also G2. Center view is Useless. Cant physically move your head forward to zoom in to an area. Seems like the view position is locked in on area. 

No problem with re-center view or the two levels of VR zoom I have assigned to buttons on my HOTAS in the UI Layer of controller menu.

No I don't zoom by moving my head forward, tracking is 1:1 in VR.

Don B

EVGA Z390 Dark MB | i9 9900k CPU @ 5.1 GHz | Gigabyte 4090 OC | 64 GB Corsair Vengeance 3200 MHz CL16 | Corsair H150i Pro Cooler |Virpil CM3 Stick w/ Alpha Prime Grip 200mm ext| Virpil CM3 Throttle | VPC Rotor TCS Base w/ Alpha-L Grip| Point Control V2|Varjo Aero|

When I tried VD with the Quest, I noticed the same, but I could more or less achieve the same by holding the right oculus button for a while, so just like recentering in the Quest dome where you start off when switching the HMD on.

dcsdashie-hb-ed.jpg

The re centre binding in the UI works beautifully with the new Air Link feature on the Quest 2. I feel I'm getting a tad better performance and visuals over VD too 🙂

Intel Core i7 6700K @ 4.5GHz. Asus-Z170-PRO MB

CORSAIR H105 HYDRO CPU COOLER.

EVGA GTX 1080Ti FTW3 Elite.

16GB DDR4 2666MHZ HYPERX SAVAGE.

SAMSUNG M.2 SSD 128GB SM951 Boot Drive.

SAMSUNG SSD 500GB EVO Working Drive.

Windows 10 Professional