F4 look back view should look between the tails like in the FC3 aircraft

TRINI1

Please make the F4 look back key look between the tails in the Hornet, just like in the FC3 jets.

I only fly in VR and can’t look behind me anymore because of a pinched nerve at the back of my neck. The look back view may be unrealistic but so is the procedure using TRACK IR. I’m already disadvantaged because of resolution and now I can’t see behind me. PLEASE HELP me. 
I just want to be more competitive in VR In DCS. IF there are any F18 squadrons or pilots that only fly in VR, please contact me at michaelnysus@gmail.com. Thank you and God bless. 

• 5 months later...

Yeah, you should be able to move the F4 view.

Modules I own: F-14A/B, Mi-24P, AV-8B N/A, AJS 37, F-5E-3, MiG-21bis, F-16CM, F/A-18C, Supercarrier, Mi-8MTV2, UH-1H, Mirage 2000C, FC3, MiG-15bis, Ka-50, A-10C (+ A-10C II), P-47D, P-51D, C-101, Yak-52, WWII Assets, CA, NS430, Hawk.

Terrains I own: South Atlantic, Syria, The Channel, SoH/PG, Marianas.

System:

GIGABYTE B650 AORUS ELITE AX, AMD Ryzen 5 7600, Corsair Vengeance DDR5-5200 32 GB, Western Digital Black SN850X 1 TB (DCS dedicated) & 2 TB NVMe SSDs, Corsair RM850X 850 W, NZXT H7 Flow, MSI G274CV.

Peripherals: VKB Gunfighter Mk.II w. MCG Pro, MFG Crosswind V3 Graphite, Logitech Extreme 3D Pro.

8 hours ago, Northstar98 said:

Yeah, you should be able to move the F4 view.

I created this YouTube video about a decade ago, with instructions on how to alter the default F4 camera position on the A-10C

Not sure if this also still works for more recent modules, such as the Hornet though

System specs:

i7-8700K @stock speed - GTX 1080TI @ stock speed - AsRock Extreme4 Z370 - 32GB DDR4 @3GHz- 500GB SSD - 2TB nvme - 650W PSU

HP Reverb G1 v2 - Saitek Pro pedals - TM Warthog HOTAS - TM F/A-18 Grip - TM Cougar HOTAS (NN-Dan mod) & (throttle standalone mod) - VIRPIL VPC Rotor TCS Plus with ALPHA-L grip - Pointctrl & aux banks <-- must have for VR users!! - Andre's SimShaker Jetpad - Fully adjustable DIY playseat - VA+VAICOM

~ That nuke might not have been the best of ideas, Sir... the enemy is furious ~ GUMMBAH

• 4 months later...

Modifying views.lua is working again. :clap_2:

Screen_220210_110851.png

Change lines 15 & 16 in "<your drive>\DCS World OpenBeta\Mods\aircraft\FA-18C\Views.lua" and the F4 view can be changed to whatever you desire.

These are the values I used. I tried using OVGME and placing it in 'Saved Games' but that did not work like it used to.

Screenshot 2022-02-10 112538.jpg

Edited by Terry Dactil
  • Like 1