2.7 Multiple crash report thread

HR-Crumble

What is going on?

Crashes from mission editor after you save and go fly. 

Crashes when you load single player missions. 

Crashes trying to get into MP section. 

Crashes just trying to open game from desktop. 

Nothing has been changed on my PC either SW, updates or HW and nothing has changed in DCS since 256. I've double checked no mods installed and apart discord in the background which is what I had running on 2.5.6 anyways. 

Is it something I'm doing or is 2.7 more resource heavy and my system can't handle it?

Hoping for a hotfix...

Edited by HR-Crumble
  • Like 3

• ED Team
7 minutes ago, HR-Crumble said:

What is going on?

you are using open beta a public test version, there will be development ups and downs. 

For me to help you I will need to see your dcs logs from your saved games dcs logs folder

please ensure you have done this 

and this

thanks

smallCATPILOT.PNG.04bbece1b27ff1b2c193b174ec410fc0.PNG

Forum rules - DCS Crashing? Try this first - Cleanup and Repair - Discord BIGNEWY#8703 - Youtube - Patch Status

Windows 11, NVIDIA MSI RTX 3090, Intel® i9-10900K 3.70GHz, 5.30GHz Turbo, Corsair Hydro Series H150i Pro, 64GB DDR @3200, ASUS ROG Strix Z490-F Gaming, HP Reverb G2

No issues here. 
I’m a little surprised that you’ve not uploaded a track file, as that is the expectation.

• Like 2

System: 9700, 64GB DDR4, 2070S, NVME2, Rift S, Jetseat, Thrustmaster F18 grip, VPC T50 stick base and throttle, CH Throttle, MFG crosswinds, custom button box, Logitech G502 and Marble mouse.

Server: i5 2500@3.9Ghz, 1080, 24GB DDR3, SSD.

Strange, my 2.7 works well and with no crashes, and I've been using it a lot updating and testing my old missions. I'm lucky I guess.

• Like 1

For work: iMac mid-2010 of 27" - Core i7 870 - 6 GB DDR3 1333 MHz - ATI HD5670 - SSD 256 GB - HDD 2 TB - macOS High Sierra

For Gaming: 34" Monitor - Ryzen 3600X - 32 GB DDR4 2400 - nVidia GTX1070ti - SSD 1.25 TB - HDD 10 TB - Win10 Pro - TM HOTAS Cougar - Oculus Rift CV1

Mobile: iPad Pro 12.9" of 256 GB

• BIGNEWY changed the title to 2.7 HR-Crumble crash report thread

Yeah same here, not a single 2.7 crash atm.

Biggest problems i have so far are the Full Screen minimalisation when bringing my second monitor in focus and the overly done canopy reflections on some aircraft like the A-10. Not real jobstoppers.

Oh... and vertical up/down movement on clouds... in VR.

Edited by Lange_666

Win11 Pro 64-bit, Ryzen 5800X3D, Corsair H115i, Gigabyte X570S UD, EVGA 3080Ti XC3 Ultra 12GB, 64 GB DDR4 G.Skill 3600. Monitors: LG 27GL850-B27 2560x1440 + Samsung SyncMaster 2443 1920x1200, HOTAS: Warthog with Virpil WarBRD base, MFG Crosswind combat pedals, TrackIR4, Rift-S.

Personal Wish List: A6 Intruder, Vietnam theater, decent ATC module, better VR performance!

10 hours ago, BIGNEWY said:

you are using open beta a public test version, there will be development ups and downs. 

For me to help you I will need to see your dcs logs from your saved games dcs logs folder

please ensure you have done this 

and this

thanks

No probs will add the logs in tomorrow when I'm back in the sim. 

FYI I'm not running any mods, and I've done a repair of DCS and cleared out the shaders folders as per usual. 

The majority of crashes seem to come from going out of the ME and then straight into flying the mission. 

Have tried a different mission in case it was the one I'm working on and it was a case of it being a bugged miz file. 

Edited by HR-Crumble

• HR-Crumble changed the title to 2.7 Multiple crash report thread

@BIGNEWY here are the logs. For some reason when it crashes at the "Mission Load Done" section it hangs and when you ctrl + alt + delete and go task manager you cant select DCS or any other app to close it just goes straight back to the DCS mission load screen and crashes. Only way out for me is to Log out via the ctrl + alt +delete option. Also because of this .crash reports don't seem to be generated just log zip files? Unless you can see within the zips the crash files also? That's over to you sir!

Ive also done some further investigation for you. Ive tested this on PG, SY and CC maps. The crashes always happen without fail when you edit a mission and go fly...THEN come out of the misison in order to quickly change something and quit to mission editor, make your change then press go fly again and boom it hangs and crashes as above at the "Mission Load Done" section.

If I'm missing anything or you need more info please DM and I'll send. Hope this helps.

dcs.log-20210419-185652.zip dcs.log-20210419-190140.zip dcs.log-20210418-110735.zip dcs.log-20210418-111255.zip dcs.log-20210418-114538.zip dcs.log-20210419-185400.zip

On 4/18/2021 at 12:48 PM, HR-Crumble said:

What is going on?

Crashes from mission editor after you save and go fly. 

Crashes when you load single player missions. 

Crashes trying to get into MP section. 

Crashes just trying to open game from desktop. 

Nothing has been changed on my PC either SW, updates or HW and nothing has changed in DCS since 256. I've double checked no mods installed and apart discord in the background which is what I had running on 2.5.6 anyways. 

Is it something I'm doing or is 2.7 more resource heavy and my system can't handle it?

Hoping for a hotfix...

I think most people are not getting any crashes, I have not had one single crash so I hope there is no hot fix for something that doesn't appear to be broke, but sorry if you are having problems and hope you get your system sorted. 

FYI I am running mods which some missions rely on, but I disable all mods, clear my saved game folder, config and any other file related to an earlier version of DCS. Then I put them back after I have updated DCS. It's always the mods folder that crashes so I put them in one by one. Sometimes remnants of an older version cause problems and in that case uninstall all of DCS, everything, and do the above. But 2.7 didn't need anything drastic to work, the most stable update in memory tbh! 

Edited by Mizzy

7 minutes ago, Mizzy said:

I think most people are not getting any crashes, I have not had one single crash so I hope there is no hot fix for something that doesn't appear to be broke, but sorry if you are having problems and hope you get your system sorted. 

Most aren't getting crashes doesn't mean that everything is ok. Especially when this, as it seems for now, probably has something to do with memory de/allocation

That stance would get us nowhere... I can give you multiple explanations why some are getting crashes and others don't even tho their systems work correctly. There is definitely something broken and even BIGNEWY managed to get the same crash that some of us are experiencing from time to time. 

Currently my game won't crash at all, but then there are days where I can't load mission two consecutive times even after multiple launches of the game.

1 hour ago, XPACT said:

Most aren't getting crashes doesn't mean that everything is ok. 

Currently my game won't crash at all, but then there are days where I can't load mission two consecutive times even after multiple launches of the game.

And who said it was ok? Why don't you read posts properly and not add your own interpretation to other peoples posts. Ok that was a bit harsh of me but read peoples posts properly, they can come across a bit arsey !!

Edited by Mizzy

Don't worry about harshness it's internet after all 😉 I have my own interpretation of course but you are quoted for a reason, everyone can read what you said and what I said and can figure out on their own what they think about it.

3 hours ago, Mizzy said:

I have not had one single crash so I hope there is no hot fix for something that doesn't appear to be broke

It could be due to language barrier but this sentence sounds to me like you don't want hot fix, or any kind of fix for that matter, simply because you are "scared" it will break the game for you. Now my question is why would ED hot fix something that isn't broken in the first place? I am not here to argue I just found your post non productive to the discussion, like if it doesn't crash for you great but don't point fingers and wish to people to sort their systems out, surely he (OP) is a bit over dramatic it's still open beta and we are all testers here, guess he didn't pick that one up.

And for a fact I know many other instances when game instabilities are due to very basic "slider overclocking" without any kind of system stability testing that many fall victim to and then fill forum threads about it. Long story short, I never had a single crash in 2.5.6 now they are happening and are inconsistent, something is broken and will eventually get fixed 🙂

• Like 2

50 minutes ago, XPACT said:

It could be due to language barrier but this sentence sounds to me like you don't want hot fix, or any kind of fix for that matter, simply because you are "scared" it will break the game for you. Now my question is why would ED hot fix something that isn't broken in the first place?

You have done it AGAIN !! Obviously language barrier is a problem here but where did I say I was "scared" ?? Let me try again, many problems people are having with their DCS install seldom (rarely) is it actually anything to do with the DCS programme, understand that ? In many cases it is external to DCS especially graphic card driver problems when (for example) Nvidia bring out a new driver, it can cause problems for some applications.

In short, many problems users experience with DCS may have NOTHING to do with the DCS programme, it's individual computer configurations and 'their' computers ! Now do you understand?  Oh by the way greetings and best regards !

Edited by Mizzy

10 minutes ago, Mizzy said:

In short, many problems users experience with DCS may have NOTHING to do with the DCS programme ! Now do you understand?

Exactly why I pointed you to official response on the matter that something isn't right with DCS and is reported as problem, team is working on fixing it, that is the point where this discussion should've ended.

Nobody will fix nor investigate something that isn't broken I can assure you to that. Again I am not here to argue, I was never trying to insult you or be rude in the first place, if you felt like that I am truly sorry, I was just trying to point out that they are aware of the issue and that it isn't either driver or hardware issue since it happens on all possible configurations of hardware from different manufacturers (Intel, AMD, Nvidia)

Edited by XPACT
mistyped software instead of hardware

4 hours ago, HR-Crumble said:

...The crashes always happen without fail when you edit a mission and go fly...THEN come out of the misison in order to quickly change something and quit to mission editor, make your change then press go fly again and boom it hangs and crashes as above at the "Mission Load Done" section...

Same is happening on my end. No solution found so far.

• Like 1

YouTube Channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCU1...CR6IZ7crfdZxDg

_____

Win 10 Pro x64, ASUS Z97 Pro MoBo, Intel i7-4790K, EVGA GTX 970 4GB, HyperX Savage 32GB, Samsung 850 EVO 250 GB SSD, 2x Seagate Hybrid Drive 2TB Raid 0.

Way to many crashes and instability - the ED testing team have not tested this well at all, either that or the feedback wasnt implemented, or the indivduals have not had the time due to real world time commitments.  Something somewhere has gone wrong - needs an interanl review and perhaps people that aren't competant at testing, that do not know the modules inside out, do not have experience of combined arms and complex mission creation remove them from the team and replace with people that do.

To note it seems alot of MP crashes are occuring with aircraft on the ground and getting to take off, something is wrong be it routing, physics of ground handling, wheel motion or ATC (even if not using it but the engine) is causing CTD's. 

Edited by Hawkeye_UK

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

DCS & BMS

F14B | AV-8B | F15E | F18C | F16C | F5 | F86 | A10C | JF17 | Viggen |Mirage 2000 | F1 |  L-39 | C101 | Mig15 | Mig21 | Mig29 | SU27 | SU33 | F15C | AH64 | MI8 | Mi24 | Huey | KA50 | Gazelle | P47 | P51 | BF109 | FW190A/D | Spitfire | Mossie | CA | Persian Gulf | Nevada | Normandy | Channel | Syria | South Atlantic | Sinai 

Liquid Cooled ROG 690 13700K @ 5.9Ghz | RTX3090 FTW Ultra | 64GB DDR4 3600 MHz | 2x2TB SSD m2 Samsung 980/990 | Pimax Crystal/Reverb G2 | MFG Crosswinds | Virpil T50/CM3 | Winwing & Cougar MFD's | Buddyfox UFC | Winwing TOP & CP | Jetseat

My system has run faultlessly "forever".

I installed Syria and the Gazelle, and again - perfect.

Today - Multiplayer..............crash after crash.

Okay in mission editor / single player.

No changes to my system.

I did see that the pagefile was system managed to my c drive - and I've manually set it to "something suggested in another thread".  All to no avail.

My memory is hitting MAX and then CTD - even on the Caucasus map.....

Any ideas?

Edited by MrReynolds

Finally, no more crashes- for three days now! What I did: All Mods deleted (as far as I found them...) than repair (slow version, checking all files- and a lot more Mods found!) after that PC newly started and in options no "full screen" and "VSYNC".

Started the game and all is perfect. Missions from ME without problem on all maps.

So, seems simple enough if you just follow BIGNEWY's advice.

Thanks a lot😀.

WIN10-Pro., ASUS ROG Z390-E, INTEL Core i7-970K, RTX 2080Ti, 64GB RAM, ACER Predator XB271HU 2560 x 1440 144Hz, DCS Open Beta: SSD970 EVO Plus 1TB, DCS Stable: SSD 870 EVO 1TB

Thrustmaster HOTAS Cougar (U2nxt) / Foxy, Simpeds , TrackIR 5

Also get crashes after the patch!

Unfortunately clouds are still jumping in VR - This really kills immersion

dcs.log-20210422-165956.zip dcs.log dcs.log-20210422-165444.zip

Edited by Gripen 4-1

SYS: MSI MPG X570 Gaming Edge Wifi || Ryzen 5900x || Gainward RTX4090 || 2x16 Gb Crucial Ballistix RGB 3200@3800 || XPG Core Reactor 850 Watt PSU || Kingston Fury 2 TB NVME SSD || WD SN850 1TB NVME || 1 x 500 GB Crucial MX300 SATA SSD || 2 x HDD 3TB || Thrustmaster F-16 & F-18 Stick on Virpil War BRD Bases || WinWing Orion2 F-16EX Viper Throttle Combo || WinWing Orion2 F/A-18 Hornet Throttle Combo (With Finger Lift) || WinWing Takeoff Panel II MFG Crosswind Pedals w. Damper || 3 x Thrustmaster Cougar MFD || Multipurpose UFC ||  Wheel Stand Pro II

VR: HP Reverb G2