Server no longer loading missions

BlueRaven

OK, I think it's definitely time to ask for help.

I have two dedicated servers on two distinct machines, suddenly one of them started to refuse to load missions: it simply hangs at an endless  blinking yellow 'Loading' in the web GUI and both in the window title and in Windows Task Manager I see that the process is not responding.

There's nothing useful in the server log, last line simply shows 'Loading <mission name and path>' and nothing else.

The same, identical - I also checked SHA1 hash to ensure the files were not corrupted - mission files can be started without hassle on the other server, that obviously is at the same patch level and is configured identically.

The absurd thing is that if I try to load some other missions, say a simple training range, it works.

Windows Server 2016 on a VMware VM, fully up to date, used to work fine until 2-3 weeks ago.

I tried everything I know, including reinstalling from scratch, with no joy.

Any ideas?

BlueRaven.jpg

Nulla Dies Sine Linea

I couldn't load any missions for my dedicated server for a while. I fixed it by deleting my entire config folder and started DCS, it fixed my dedicated server. Don't forget to re-install any needed scripts that were there. Remember your server settings, as it will reset everything back to default including the server name.  

Config folder are here: C:\USERNAME\Saved Games\DCS.openbeta\Config

Edited by Stix_17

23 hours ago, BlueRaven said:

OK, I think it's definitely time to ask for help.

I have two dedicated servers on two distinct machines, suddenly one of them started to refuse to load missions: it simply hangs at an endless  blinking yellow 'Loading' in the web GUI and both in the window title and in Windows Task Manager I see that the process is not responding.

There's nothing useful in the server log, last line simply shows 'Loading <mission name and path>' and nothing else.

The same, identical - I also checked SHA1 hash to ensure the files were not corrupted - mission files can be started without hassle on the other server, that obviously is at the same patch level and is configured identically.

The absurd thing is that if I try to load some other missions, say a simple training range, it works.

Windows Server 2016 on a VMware VM, fully up to date, used to work fine until 2-3 weeks ago.

I tried everything I know, including reinstalling from scratch, with no joy.

Any ideas?

The mission that is not loading was "touched" by some external programs to edit Time/Weather condition or any other parameters? If you try to load the same mission in you clients it works?

With DCS 2.7 the mission structure file is changed a little bit, and some modification to the mission file can corrupt the .miz itself.

FlighRIG => CPU: RyZen 5900x | RAM: 64GB Corsair 3000Mhz | GPU: nVIDIA RTX 4090 FE | OS Storage: SSD NVMe Samsung 850 Pro 512GB, DCS Storage: SSD NVMe Sabrent 1TB | Device: Multipurpose-UFC, VirPil T-50, TM WARTHOG Throttle, TrackHat, MFD Cougar with screen.

Our Servers => [ITA] Banshee | Krasnodar - PvE | PersianConquest PvE Live Map&Stats | Syria Liberation PvE Conquest

Support us on twitch subscribing with amazon prime account linked, it's free!

35 minutes ago, Maverick87Shaka said:

With DCS 2.7 the mission structure file is changed a little bit, and some modification to the mission file can corrupt the .miz itself.

Citation required.  When checking my missions for 2.7 compatibility, I diffed them after an open/save in ME.  The only "changes" were some ordering, but no functional changes to the Lua structures themselves.

3 hours ago, Maverick87Shaka said:

The mission that is not loading was "touched" by some external programs to edit Time/Weather condition or any other parameters? If you try to load the same mission in you clients it works?

No, it was not altered in any way... and what is driving me crazy is that the exact same file works flawlessly on the other server.

I'll try to open it in the new editor and see if it throws some more understandable error.

BlueRaven.jpg

Nulla Dies Sine Linea

Hello,

I´m struggling with an annoying issue with the Dedicated server since 2.7. 

I have it installed on my own machine. I´m using it when I want to fly with a few Friends only, so no big and huge Missions.

But since 2.7 I have the Problem that the server runs a Missions that ran sometime before. Even if I stop the server and actively stop it. As soon as I run another Mission it is automatically running the same Mission as before. Any hint what I can do about it?

Screenshot and logfile attached, thanks for taking a look into it... I hope that it just a stupid User Error rather than a bug

Dedicated Server issue

dcs.log

DCS-Tutorial-Collection       

BlackSharkDen - Helicopter only

Specs:: ASrock Z790 Pro RS; Intel i5-13600K @5,1Ghz; 64GB DDR5 RAM; RTX 3080 @10GB; Corsair RMX Serie 750; 2x SSD 850 EVO 1x860 EVO 500GB 1x nvme M.2 970 EVO 1TB; 1x nvme M.2 980 Pro 2TB+ 3 TB HDD

Hardware: Oculus Rift S; HOTAS Warthog; Saitek Rudder Pedals, K-51 Collective

I opened the mission with the 2.7 editor, saved it and loaded it back on both servers... nothing changes, one works and one does not.

I can't help anything else but reinstalling from scratch on a clean Windows and see if I can get it back. 🤷🏻‍♂️

BlueRaven.jpg

Nulla Dies Sine Linea

Are there any infos about that @BIGNEWY?

DCS-Tutorial-Collection       

Specs:: ASrock Z790 Pro RS; Intel i5-13600K @5,1Ghz; 64GB DDR5 RAM; RTX 3080 @10GB; Corsair RMX Serie 750; 2x SSD 850 EVO 1x860 EVO 500GB 1x nvme M.2 970 EVO 1TB; 1x nvme M.2 980 Pro 2TB+ 3 TB HDD

OK, thanks. Thus I think its no stupid User Error but really a bug on the dedicated Server, would be great if we can have a confirmation that this is a known issue @NineLine, have you heard anything about that?

DCS-Tutorial-Collection       

just asked Bignewy on this:

63dqWar.png

DCS-Tutorial-Collection       

• ED Team

Hi all, 

sorry we try to get around as many posts as we can and sometimes we miss some. 

This is a known issue and upcoming patches should resolve the server issues.

thanks

merged threads

• Thanks 1

smallCATPILOT.PNG.04bbece1b27ff1b2c193b174ec410fc0.PNG

Forum rules - DCS Crashing? Try this first - Cleanup and Repair - Discord BIGNEWY#8703 - Youtube - Patch Status

Windows 11, NVIDIA MSI RTX 3090, Intel® i9-10900K 3.70GHz, 5.30GHz Turbo, Corsair Hydro Series H150i Pro, 64GB DDR @3200, ASUS ROG Strix Z490-F Gaming, HP Reverb G2

No reason to say sorry, @BIGNEWY, we know that and if an issue appears to be urgent to us then we can still contact you just like I did a few mins ago and your response came in immediately which I highly appreciate. You´re truly a great Community Manager. Thanks

• Thanks 1

DCS-Tutorial-Collection       

• 1 year later...
On 4/21/2021 at 10:17 AM, BlueRaven said:

I opened the mission with the 2.7 editor, saved it and loaded it back on both servers... nothing changes, one works and one does not.

I can't help anything else but reinstalling from scratch on a clean Windows and see if I can get it back. 🤷🏻‍♂️

Did you ever find a resolution to this? I'm having the same issue. Certain missions run just fine on my desktop when launching as multiplayer, but when I run it on my server DCS stops responding and the last entry in the log just shows it loading the mission.

Rig: i9 10900K | 64GB G.Skill Trident RGB DDR4 3600MHz | NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3090 Founders Edition | ROG STRIX Z-490-I | 2x 1TB Samsung 980 NVMe M.2 | VPC MongoosT-50CM2 Grip & Base w/ 200mm Curved Extension | VPC MongoosT-50CM3 Throttle | VKB Gladiator NXT Standard Left | VPC ACE Flight Pedals | VPC Control Panel 1 & 2 | 3x BlackHog B-Explorers | DOF Reality P3 | SimShaker JetPad FSE | Varjo Aero

Hangar: F-86F | F-5E | A-4E* | AJS-37 | F-14A/B | F/A-18C | AV-8B | F-15C | P-51D | P-47D | Mosquito FB VI | Fw 190 A-8 | Fw 190 D-9 | Bf 109 K-4 | Spitfire LF Mk. IX | AH-64D | SA342 Gazelle | UH-1H | UH-60L* | Mi-24P | Christian Eagle II