F10 orders not working properly

Hi,

I've just noticed issues with the F10 orders (Falke, attack!). While it worked in the early missions (altough I've flown those with DCS 2.5.6), my Wingman/men ignored the orders given with the F10-menu in Mission 11. (even tried it multiple times, had no effect)

Just now in Mission 11, the wingman kept following me in formation, even though Spitfires were at his and my six. Only after giving a seperate command via the F2 (Wingman) command menu, he broke off. However, it was already too late then and the menu-fiddling took me so much time that I was in a very bad situation.

Mission 9 also didn't really work with the F10 orders.

Don't know if it's specific to these missions, or if it's a 2.7 specific problem though. Or am I even doing it wrong, and I'm supposed to give orders one by one via the Wingman/Flight/Second Element menus?

Unfortunately no .trk file, as DCS 2.7 likes to crash-to-desktop whenever I bail out or crash...

On 4/18/2021 at 1:19 PM, Reflected said:

You need to use the built in radio menu to give orders to your own flight. F10 is only for the other flights, that have otherwise no built in option. 

What command/keyboard binding is used for the built in radio? I've had issues too.  Sorry to sound so dumb about it, but I too have seen the wingmen simply fly in formation and not react to commands. No problems in the wolfpack campaign. Could it be a  2.7 thing?

thanks for the quick reply...but as I said, it was Horrido that I was having the problem in. No menu is popping up even though it should with the \ key. I have it bound to a hotas control....works everywhere else... but nothing comes up in Horrido so no way of giving commands. Thanks.

Are you using the  communications menu key, or the radio push-to-talk key? (also, why does this key have to be labeled differently in every single module - it's such a pain to find and bind).

CPU:5600X | GPU:RTX2080 | RAM:32GB | Disk:860EVOm.2

20 hours ago, Reflected said:

Yes, I think you’re using the comms menu button but that only works while parked. Look for the push to talk one. 

I will have a look. I fly VR and the push to talk for voiceattack is connected to that button. I'll review the keybindings. Thanks again.