Swap function doesn’t work

Seether1980

2 hours ago, Seether1980 said:

Hello,

The Swap function (Coolie short down) which allows to exchange the contents of the left and right MFCDs doesn’t work in the A10C II. I tested this function also with the normal A10C without any problems.

Best regards

As another stated, this is no longer a realistic function.  Coolie switch aft/down is how you SOI HMCS.

Cheers,

Ziptie

i7 6700 @4ghz, 32GB HyperX Fury ddr4-2133 ram, GTX980, Oculus Rift CV1, 2x1TB SSD drives (one solely for DCS OpenBeta standalone) Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS, Thrustmaster Cougar MFDs

Airframes: A10C, A10CII, F/A-18C, F-14B, F-16C, UH=1H, FC3. Modules: Combined Arms, Supercarrier. Terrains: Persian Gulf, Nevada NTTR, Syria

Not in my version of the manual

image.png

Windows 11 Home ¦ Z790 AORUS Elite AX motherboard ¦ i7-13700K ¦ 64GB Corsair Vengeance DDR5 memory @ 5600MHz ¦ Samsung 990 Pro 1TB SSD for OS, Samsung 980 Pro 2TB SSD for DCS ¦ MSI GeForce RTX 4090 Gaming X Trio 24GB ¦ Virpil WarBRD base with VFX grip, Thrustmaster A10c and F/A-18 grips ¦ VKB Gunfighter Mk4 and MCG Pro ¦ Thrustmaster Warthog Throttle ¦ VKB STECS Throttle ¦ Virpil TCS rotor base with Shark and AH-64D  grips ¦ MFG Crosswinds ¦ Total Controls Multi-Function Button Box ¦ Pimax Crystal

The version of the web is not up to date. This last picture is included in the manual located inside the game: \Program Files\Eagle Dynamics\DCS World OpenBeta\Mods\aircraft\A-10C_2\Doc

ASUS ROG MAXIMUS X HERO WiFi AC / i7-8700K@5.0 GHz / 2xM.2 Toshiba OCZ RD400 1Tb / 4xCorsair 8Gb (32Gb) DDR4@3000 MHz / 2xGeforce GTX 1080 Ti + 1Geforce GTX 680 / SoundBlaster Fatal1ty / Windows 10 Home x64 / TM Warthog / TM TPR Pedals / Oculus Rift / Samsung UE32EH5000W

Somewhat related (adjacently).  For new pilots, the following will be an impact.  I tried to fly the A-10C Maverick training mission and after powering up the Maverick EO timer instructions, the tutorial directs you to press OSB 14 on right MFCD to bring up the MAV page; however, due to the lack of swap functionality (MAV is only in left MFCD now), you can no longer progress the training.  Granted this is more a mission design update; however, the above mentioned issue has downstream impacts that have not yet been accounted for in some mission development.  I would recommend ED update their tutorial missions and callout these type of changes to mission makers as inability to carry out specifically identified tasks will break  older missions...and by proxy, the immersion DCS is revered for.

It is the unfortunate side effect and impact of open architecture and design...it takes more effort to go back an update old to ensure it works with new; just like with the ArmA series.  The flexibility comes at a cost...but man it is so worth it when it is done right!!!  Hats off to you ED and all the third party developers!  You have created an amazing capability!

15 hours ago, Immune said:

Somewhat related (adjacently).  For new pilots, the following will be an impact.  I tried to fly the A-10C Maverick training mission and after powering up the Maverick EO timer instructions, the tutorial directs you to press OSB 14 on right MFCD to bring up the MAV page; however, due to the lack of swap functionality (MAV is only in left MFCD now), you can no longer progress the training.  Granted this is more a mission design update; however, the above mentioned issue has downstream impacts that have not yet been accounted for in some mission development.  I would recommend ED update their tutorial missions and callout these type of changes to mission makers as inability to carry out specifically identified tasks will break  older missions...and by proxy, the immersion DCS is revered for.

It is the unfortunate side effect and impact of open architecture and design...it takes more effort to go back an update old to ensure it works with new; just like with the ArmA series.  The flexibility comes at a cost...but man it is so worth it when it is done right!!!  Hats off to you ED and all the third party developers!  You have created an amazing capability!

You can progress progress, you simply need to put the MAV display on correct MFD.  No, it isn’t “fluid” now with the correct HOTAS implementations being reflected in DCS - but you absolutely can progress and complete.  I posted the steps to do this, in another thread bringing this issue up.  Yes, it would be great if they update the training mission, but they’ve got plenty of their plate at the moment and undoubtedly this is a low priority item for their team.

Cheers,

Ziptie

i7 6700 @4ghz, 32GB HyperX Fury ddr4-2133 ram, GTX980, Oculus Rift CV1, 2x1TB SSD drives (one solely for DCS OpenBeta standalone) Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS, Thrustmaster Cougar MFDs

Airframes: A10C, A10CII, F/A-18C, F-14B, F-16C, UH=1H, FC3. Modules: Combined Arms, Supercarrier. Terrains: Persian Gulf, Nevada NTTR, Syria

@Ziptie Thank you for the response.  I fiddled with it for a bit switching MAV on/off, changing to different pages to no avail.  Having said that, I will check out the post you mentioned.

DEFNITELY understood their plates are full, for sure!  Look at all the amazing stuff being put out.  Minor pains and/or glitches along the way are expected and surely are not going to detract me from DCS.  A lot of tone gets lost in text unfortunately and after re-reading my own post, it could be read as a gripe, far from it!  🙂  And yes, it is unrealistic to hope anyone is going to spend time going back through old missions to ensure bugs are out, that is a bit of a pipe dream...that was a 'in a perfect world' comment.  🙂

On 4/29/2021 at 7:30 AM, Immune said:

@Ziptie Thank you for the response.  I fiddled with it for a bit switching MAV on/off, changing to different pages to no avail.  Having said that, I will check out the post you mentioned.

DEFNITELY understood their plates are full, for sure!  Look at all the amazing stuff being put out.  Minor pains and/or glitches along the way are expected and surely are not going to detract me from DCS.  A lot of tone gets lost in text unfortunately and after re-reading my own post, it could be read as a gripe, far from it!  🙂  And yes, it is unrealistic to hope anyone is going to spend time going back through old missions to ensure bugs are out, that is a bit of a pipe dream...that was a 'in a perfect world' comment.  🙂

Press and hold on the OSB that is highlighted (where the MAV would be displayed after the "swap" would have been performed).

Then select MAV as the display that you want in that place.  Voila, you are good to go and can proceed through the training mission.  That is the short and sweet version.  I think you are also asked to display the TGP on the opposing page, which can be done by the same method (press and hold OSB, select appropriate sensor to display, etc).

I spent a short time looking for the other thread, gave up - figured it would be the least I could do, to give a basic rundown in case you might have been unaware that you can actually "customize" each MFD to display what you want it to.

Cheers,

Ziptie

I likely misread one of the updates, reading that the MFD pages were no longer swappable (hence my confusion...sometimes my brain just doesn't keep up).  Thank you for the correction.  I will give it a try later this afternoon so the guidance is greatly appreciated sir!