Some controls in orange. Cannot bind. DCS 2.7

MarcT-NL

After installing 2.7 a few controls don't work anymore, which worked fine before. They occur 2 times in the control-option, in orange, and I can't bind them anymore.

I saw this before in earlier versions of DCS but didn't pay any attention to it.

But now this is just rediculus. Why can't I get the controls right ? What does it mean when they are in orange, and why do I see them twice ?

Most important: How do I get this to work properly again ?

Orange Controls.jpg

• 2 weeks later...
On 4/18/2021 at 9:35 PM, MarcT-NL said:

After installing 2.7 a few controls don't work anymore, which worked fine before. They occur 2 times in the control-option, in orange, and I can't bind them anymore.

I saw this before in earlier versions of DCS but didn't pay any attention to it.

But now this is just rediculus. Why can't I get the controls right ? What does it mean when they are in orange, and why do I see them twice ?

Most important: How do I get this to work properly again ?

Yours is not too bad to work-around. You have one line that should be bindable to the keyboard, and another line that should be bindable to joystick buttons.

It's orange because there are duplicate entries for the same thing.

I think it happens when the entries in the keyboard default.lua and joystick default.lua don't perfectly match.

E.g. the P-51D canopy closing entry for the keyboard is
{combos = {{key = 'C', reformers = {'LCtrl'}}},             pressed = device_commands.Button_2, cockpit_device_id  = devices.CPT_MECH, value_pressed = -1.0, name = _('Canopy Closing'), category = _('Systems')},

but the joystick is
{pressed = device_commands.Button_4, cockpit_device_id  = devices.CPT_MECH, value_pressed = -1.0, name = _('Canopy Closing'), category = _('Systems')},

Edited by jonsky7

26 minutes ago, Agim said:

In my case all time acceleration bindings disappered 😞

If you're on the newest Beta, the time acceleration has been moved into the "UI Layer" controls section

6 hours ago, MarcT-NL said:

Thanks BigNewy.

Could you also report this to Polychop or how does this work ? They don't respond in the posts in the Polychop-section... Can't find any answers in the community...

image.png

Are you on the latest Beta? I don't see these controls in my list. 

In your 

Saved Games\DCS\Config\Input\SA342\joystick
Saved Games\DCS\Config\Input\SA342\keyboard

folders
are all the files in there xxxxxx.diff.lua?

Or do you have some that are called default.lua?

I know quite a while back they added all these pre-sets for commonly used joysticks, totally messed up my configs.

Edited by jonsky7

14 hours ago, jonsky7 said:

Are you on the latest Beta? I don't see these controls in my list. 

In your 

Saved Games\DCS\Config\Input\SA342\joystick
Saved Games\DCS\Config\Input\SA342\keyboard

folders
are all the files in there xxxxxx.diff.lua?

Or do you have some that are called default.lua?

I know quite a while back they added all these pre-sets for commonly used joysticks, totally messed up my configs.

Hi,

Yes, my DCS is Open Beta Stand alone, latest version.

In the two folders you mentioned, there is no Default.lua.

I'm surprised that you don't have this problem. I thought it was common for the Gazelle.

10 hours ago, MarcT-NL said:

Hi,

Yes, my DCS is Open Beta Stand alone, latest version.

In the two folders you mentioned, there is no Default.lua.

I'm surprised that you don't have this problem. I thought it was common for the Gazelle.

My Intercom entries look like this

intercom.png

• 2 weeks later...

Latest update. I am using the Winwing Taurus Hornet throttle. I lost my pinkly light switch and strobe switch bindings after update. Orange in menu and can't change.

Edited by davidzill
Added information.

Asus ROG Maximus X Apex//Core I7 8700K @ 5.3Ghz //32GB DDR4 RAM//Asus 3090 RTX//4K monitor w/ TrackIR 5