What Can Repair Installation Do?

I keep DCS on a dedicated SSD, so when I have to reinstall Windows 10, I don't have to download everything again. But, I haven't found a way to plug DCS back into Windows to a condition that is the same as if I went through the whole download and install routine. I want repair to be able to restore all the Start Menu Icons and Registry entries as if it was reinstalled from scratch...Does it do that, or can it be reworked on your end to do that?

MS Win7 Pro x64, Intel i7-6700K 4.0Ghz, Corsair RAM 16Gb,EVGA GeForce GTX 1080 FTW GAMING ACX 3.0, w/ Adjustable RGB LED Graphics Card 08G-P4-6286-KR, Creative Labs SB X-FI Titanium Fatal1ty Champ PCIe Sound Card, Corsair Neutron XTI 1TB SSD, TM Warthog Throttle & Stick, TM TPR Pedels, Oculus Rift VR Headset CV1, Klipsch Promedia 4.1 Speakers...

Hi @mytai01. I've just tested it. DCS repair doesn't restore shortcuts. You'll have to create them. Here they are (open beta version):

image.png

DCS World OpenBeta = "...\DCS World OpenBeta\bin\DCS_updater.exe"

Repair DCS World OpenBeta = "...\DCS World OpenBeta\bin\DCS_updater.exe" repair

Update DCS World OpenBeta = "...\DCS World OpenBeta\bin\DCS_updater.exe" update

Uninstall = "...\DCS World OpenBeta\unins000.exe"

image.png

Documentation\DCS World OpenBeta Readme = "...\DCS World OpenBeta\Doc\ReadMe_EN.txt"

Documentation\User Manual = "...\DCS World OpenBeta\Doc\DCS User Manual EN.pdf"

• Like 1

Don't accept indie game testing requests from friends in Discord. Ever.

Thanks Flappie! Perhaps ED will create a feature to restore all of this automatically...;) To complete all of what you have above will also involve going into each shortcuts properties and changing the icon as well as the target to add such things as repair and update...

Edited by mytai01

MS Win7 Pro x64, Intel i7-6700K 4.0Ghz, Corsair RAM 16Gb,EVGA GeForce GTX 1080 FTW GAMING ACX 3.0, w/ Adjustable RGB LED Graphics Card 08G-P4-6286-KR, Creative Labs SB X-FI Titanium Fatal1ty Champ PCIe Sound Card, Corsair Neutron XTI 1TB SSD, TM Warthog Throttle & Stick, TM TPR Pedels, Oculus Rift VR Headset CV1, Klipsch Promedia 4.1 Speakers...