Global Illumination? seems to fail to load 100% of the time causing VERY DARK sky.

XCNuse

I'm not sure what else to call this, and sadly I cannot provide a track, only screenshots separated by a minute after reloading the mission.

I also know, according to others on the discord that I'm not the first person to have this issue.

Again, not entirely sure what causes this, but I'll attach a log, and screenshots.

As far as the log goes, before closing DCS, it occured once, went to mission end screen, hit "fly again", and it happened again. Went back to mission editor, and reloaded the mission and the lighting correct itself.... hopefully something is visible from that information.

Screen_210418_232337 copy.jpg

Screen_210418_232400 copy.jpg

dcs.log

• Like 1

We (28 people flying private online mission) had this issue, but was by night. We had a clear full moon night and all was perfectly well visible as it should in a full moon scenario. It was the begining of the morning, so when it was going to appear the first rays of the Sun, suddently all became black as your first photo. We didn't carry night goggles because we thought we could have enough vision, but we miss them so much after that!! lol

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
On 4/26/2021 at 5:13 PM, TacticalError said:

I noticed this issue with the Mi-8 free flight mission, loading it for the first time the lighting seems normal. If you exit and press fly again, the lighting is way too bright.

In the memories of hero campaign also the same problem

On 4/19/2021 at 2:35 PM, Japo32 said:

full moon scenario. It was the begining of the morning, so when it was going to appear the first rays of the Sun, suddently all became black as your first photo.

this might be a different bug

dcs engine can have only one light capable of casting shadows. there are two such lights in the game, moon and sun. so when sun is about to come out, moon light is turned off. this causes sudden darkness shortly before sun rise, because moon light is disabled and sun light is still below horizon.

Edited by dorianR666
  • Like 1

CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 1600X

GPU: AMD RX 580