F-14 Mirrors show different environment

stingray77

Does it belong here (is it a "general bug") or may it better be moved to the F-14 section?

I have had F-14 mirrors show different situation than "reality"/outside view.

Examples:

- Persian Gulf, rain storm (okay, that's pretty rare I guess 🤪) - rain keeps pouring down my cockpit, but mirrors show perfect sunshine!

- Syria, sunrise - scenery looks reddish brown, but mirrors show bright red (rather Marsian) landscape...

- night - after taking off and flying over a city the citylights in the mirrow are shining BRIGHTLY - a lot more intensly then when looking outside... That gets better when getting farther away from the city, though.

Thanks for looking into...

Oliver

Edited by stingray77
added one example

Windows 10 64bit, Intel Core i7 10700KF CPU @ 3.8GHz, 16GB DDR4 3200MHz RAM, Nvidia GeForce RTX 3070 8GB. 1TB SSD, VKB Gunfighter III F-14 Stick, Thrustmaster Warthog Throttle, Saitek Pro Rudder Pedals, Track IR 5 with Pro Clip, Logitech G510 Keyboard, Logitech Performance MX Mouse, Sony KD-55X8005C

this is the case with all mirrors. they are a very low-def version of the scene (i guess to save CPU/GPU cycles). I know what you mean looks bad, so i fold them away and use them only for when tactically essential.

. . . . . . .

Every module/ map except the dual winged joke.

Okay, if that's the way it's supposed to work....... then, be it...

Thanks for your explanation!

Windows 10 64bit, Intel Core i7 10700KF CPU @ 3.8GHz, 16GB DDR4 3200MHz RAM, Nvidia GeForce RTX 3070 8GB. 1TB SSD, VKB Gunfighter III F-14 Stick, Thrustmaster Warthog Throttle, Saitek Pro Rudder Pedals, Track IR 5 with Pro Clip, Logitech G510 Keyboard, Logitech Performance MX Mouse, Sony KD-55X8005C

Yeah - nice... 🤪

But my cockpit view with rain pouring down the canopy and the mirrors showing bright sunshine was good as well....... 🤣

I LOVE Heatblur's F-14 mirrors, though - despite, actually BECAUSE, they do show lot of pilot's helmet's reflection (this being pretty unrealistic)..........