Poor Multiplayer Experience .

KoN

Rubber banding and slow loading times coupled with big frame drops looking around in cockpits . 

Dogfights are stuttering and rubber banding . 

All Ram is used whether 16gb or 24gb . Vram is all used up if you go above 2K resolution . 

Multiplayer needs a overhaul . 2.5 and now 2.7 and we are still no closer too 100 players . 🐗

• Thanks 3

Gigabyte - X570 UD ~ Ryzen - 5600X @ 4.7 - Pulse - RX-6800 -  XPG 32:GB @ 3200 - VKB - Gunfighter 4 - STECs - Throttle - Crosswinds Rudders - Trackir 5 .

I'm a dot . Pico Nero 3 link VR . @ 4k

Win 11 Pro 64Bit .

DCS strong point years back was the online experience . I was part of a large squad . 2.5 came along and it went down hill after that . 

I would not take any online Tournament's serious today  . I would only see them as fun .

ED really need to address this ,  it has been going on for quite some time .

When was 2.5 released . ?

Edited by KoN
  • Like 4

Gigabyte - X570 UD ~ Ryzen - 5600X @ 4.7 - Pulse - RX-6800 -  XPG 32:GB @ 3200 - VKB - Gunfighter 4 - STECs - Throttle - Crosswinds Rudders - Trackir 5 .

Win 11 Pro 64Bit .

• 3 months later...

Know this is an old topic but ill add my hat into the ring too. I run 6 dcs servers and have tried them on both server hardware running virtualized with 128gb ddr3 2x xeon 8 core cpus and ssds passed through to the VM for the os drive and dcs installation 

Also tried on bare metal on my old gaming PC with 16gb ddr4 and a 5960x 8 core cpu. Gig down 50 up cable internet connection and mad warping/teleporting/lag. Really hope ED can optimize the net code it would help dcs as a product massively especially for us server admins.

Edited by Badass1982
  • Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

Not to mention the whacko landing physics. Aircraft wheels and sometimes even the entire aircraft (particularly at high descents like in a Harrier or an arrested trap in the Hornet and Tomcat) clipping below the ground and rubber-banding around....Even ancient flight sims from the 90s had solid ground-collision physics over multiplayer. 

• Like 1

Six months into 2021 and still i see no fixes with multiplayer . 

Other flight sims are making progress . 84 players and with ground units moving in open world battle space . 

ED what's going on . ???  

• Thanks 2

Win 11 Pro 64Bit .

4 hours ago, Mike_Romeo said:

There is a lot of lagacy code that must be reviewed and changed and with their limited resources, I dont think that quick changes are possible.

I love that you spelt it like that , indeed it is laggy code

No more pre-orders

Click here for tutorials for using Virpil Hardware and Software

Click here for Virpil Flight equipment dimensions and pictures.

Can just do what everyone else does.... give up and check back in a few years to see how it's going haha. I'm kidding... but seriously.

• Like 1

ASUS ROG G701VI-XS72K 17.3" - i7 7820HK - GTX 1080 8GB - 32 GB 2666mhz - 512 GB SSD - Win10 Pro 64-Bit - T̶r̶a̶c̶k̶I̶R̶5̶ - Samsung Odyssey HMD!! (Amazing!!) - X56 Rhino HOTAS

• 2 weeks later...
On 9/4/2021 at 7:50 AM, Nealius said:

I can think of another sim that was made in the 90s that still had better multiplayer experience.....

I fly on DCS and Falcon BMS (which is way older than DCS) and Falcon BMS is really stable in multiplayer even with a lot of pilots. The BMS team put a lot of work to improve the net code. I just hope DCS will do the same eventually. This is really the most annoying thing when playing online currently.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

I'm french (nobody's perfect :smilewink:) so don't be too hard with my english :thumbup:

FC3 | A-10C | Mirage 2000C | F/A-18 | KA-50 | UH-1H | Mi-8 | Combined Arms

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 5 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Came back to dcs after a year. Multiplayer is so laggy compared to a year ago. Great shame as so many other improvements have been made. It always seems to be a neglected area for dev, but nothing like flying with other people.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

TRy Engima Cold-war server thats running quite well 80% of the time . 50+ players .

Still not there at 100 players yet but with the new game engine Vulkan i hope things change . META is inbound .

• Like 1

Win 11 Pro 64Bit .