Display stretching

Shazwazzer

Ok, I'm not quite sure this is the correct place to post / ask this, but here goes.

I'm an ultra wide user. And I love it. But I have one problem, (actually a few but I'm not sure if the one is related to DCS or not, I'll ask at the end about that).

So one advantage of the ultra wide is an increased FOV. More immersive and so on. But in DCS for some reason, instead of increasing the FOV, with the extra width the game seems to just stretch the side of the image. So if I slightly look to the sides, and catch my weapons in the sides of the screen, they're stretched length wise. It's like it's zoomed in. This is also seen on things like con trails and sorts that would be out of viewable range. If something is in front of me, and I know it, but can't see it, I'll put it in the corners so it's zoomed in and I can see it. It created a popping in and out effect on some stuff. Is there any fix to this, so I have a proper FOV that's not distorted?

The other bug I have, I think it's a bug maybe.... Is when I'm flying at certain times and the lighting is in a certain place, the screen, and sometimes just the sky box goes black / flashes. It's like it can't display the image. Now I tried to record this, and if I do, the video file playback displays the image properly. So it flashes on my screen but not in the video. I was wondering if my monitor is having problems displaying some images with certain characteristics, but I don't know.

Any thought on both of these would be awesome!

Thanks

• 4 months later...

I have noticed this too. New to ultrawide and have stretching at the sides - I fly in formation a lot with my squadron and it does make it hard sometimes. I find if I fly with the default fov it doesn't do this as much but then it is massivey zoomed in (on the P-47).

Edit: I had been flying in VR but gave monitor a go on my 27" non ultra wide and seem to think it happened on there too

I also noticed the black flashing clouds... I wondered if it was my monitor but obviously not!

Sent from my SM-G780F using Tapatalk