The Mirage F1 Info Thread

Schmidtfire

From what I could read, the Mirage F1EE first had the RWR "BF" then for some an AN/ALR-300 system (shortly before the modernization in version M)

The RWR Sherloc was used for the F1CT (ground attack version derived from the F1 CR) and the F1 EQ6 (latest Iraqi version)

Edited by M F1
completed

I hope it doesn't take long for a FAQ about the module to come out.

|Motherboard|: Asus TUF Gaming X570-PLUS,

|WaterCooler|: Corsair H115i Pro,

|CPU|: AMD Ryzen 7 3800X,

|RAM|: Corsair Vengeance LPX 32GB 3200MHz DDR4,

|SSD|: Kingston A2000 500GB M.2 NVMe,

|SSD|: Kingston 2.5´ 480GB UV400 SATA III,

|SSHD|: Seagate Híbrido 2TB 7200RPM SATA III,

|GPU|: MSI Gaming 980Ti,

|Monitor|: LG UltraWide 34UM68,

|Joystick 1|: Thrustmaster Hotas Warthog,

|Joystick 2|: T.Flight Rudder Pedals,

|Head Motion|: TrackIr 5.

• 1 month later...
On 4/23/2022 at 5:10 PM, Bremspropeller said:

An old video about the F1C-200, when it was new.

Now I wonder - will the pilot model for Mirage F1 have a mustache?

Edited by killkenny1
  • Like 3

НЕТ ВОЙНЕ!

Gib full-fi Su-27 or MiG-29 plz!

AMD R7 3700X|32GB DDR4 RAM|Gigabyte RTX2070S Gaming OC|2TB NVMe SDD + 1TB SSD + 2TBB + 1TB HDD|Dell P3421W|Windows 10 Pro x64

TM Warthog|MFG Crosswind|Samsung Odyssey+|TrackIR 5

Modules: Mirage F1|Mi-24P|JF-17|F/A-18C|F-14A/B|F-5E|M-2000C|MiG-21bis|L-39|Yak-52|FC3|Supercarrier || Terrains: Persian Gulf|NTTR|Normandy|Syria

1 hour ago, killkenny1 said:

Now I wonder - will the pilot model for Mirage F1 have a mustache?

I can't see it released without one at this point, the moustache to plane ratio is high with this one. Actually, could we just refer to the F1 as "The Moustache" from now on?

Edited by addman
  • Like 1

I wish redkite would up the frequency of the videos. this once every 2 weeks isnt working 😚

Also, im losing hope we are getting the F1 in the next OB, which I am guessing will be tomorrow or Friday. little gutted, as I was pretty confident April would be the month.
F in chat boys.

• Like 2

Regarding the Mirage F1 radar, below is the link to a post explaining the origin of the Cyrano IV but above all its operating mode.
It is explained that this radar has 3 modes :
1/ Air/Air
2/ Close combat mode (Canon and Magic)
3/ Air/Ground (visualization by radar of the terrain in front of the aircraft)

The adjustment of the radar being done from a specific joystick .

The Air/Air mode is broken down into 4 phases :
- search for the target
-target lock
-pursuit phase (bringing the aircraft into a firing position of -the armament on the target)
avoidance of the target after the shot (clearance).

https://www.secretprojects.co.uk/threads/cyrano-radar-family.37016/

No doubt that some will be able to complete these explanations

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
On 5/24/2022 at 7:16 PM, M F1 said:

image.png

OK, two questions:

1. Do rockets really fly this close to each other? This really looks like they are 1/2 foot from each other.

2. Are the F1 rockets made of Mahogany with gold plated fins, or are they true 24 karat?

• Like 2

“Mosquitoes fly, but flies don’t Mosquito” :pilotfly:

- Geoffrey de Havilland.

... well, he could have said it!

1 hour ago, Bozon said:

1. Do rockets really fly this close to each other? This really looks like they are 1/2 foot from each other.

Seems these were launched in 4's simultaneously. Not sure if there's enough current to ignight 8 at the same time from the F1's power... seems a bit sus...

1 hour ago, Bozon said:

2. Are the F1 rockets made of Mahogany with gold plated fins, or are they true 24 karat?

Negative, I don't believe there's any wood or gold involved, but I've no idea about the injector plate, that might have a bit of gold to it. The F-1 rocket is mainly made by welding tubes in a circular pattern, painstaking work, all fully inspected. This way the fuel is used to cool the nozzle before ignition.

These however are not F-1's, which would be larger than the F1's fuselage.

I have a PDF copy of the Flight Manual of the F1CZ, the South African version of the F1C .. should be pretty similar to the spanish C.
If any one wants a copy of this 364 page book, just send me a private message. I'm sure that a 45 year old manual shouldnt be classified anymore, but just in case I prefer not to place a public link.

Best regards,

Eduardo

Am I still in time for the link?
Thank you in all the cases.

Inviato dal mio iPad utilizzando Tapatalk Pro

Black+Knights_Small.jpg

RDF 3rd Fighter Squadron - "Black Knights": "Ar Cavajere Nero nun je devi cacà er cazzo!"

My Blog (Italian): Notti a (Video)Giocare

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

CPU: i7-11700K@5GHz|GPU: RTX-4070 Super|RAM: 64GB DDR4@3200MHz|SSD: 2x 970EVO Plus + 980 EVO Plus|HOTAS Warthog|TrackIR 5|

• 1 month later...
On 4/26/2021 at 4:18 PM, Get_Lo said:

d90edf5ba6cded62cab727a7ce800083.png
https://gyazo.com/d90edf5ba6cded62cab727a7ce800083

700knts on the deck not too bad

This has me pondering whether or not the F1 will have structural failure limits similar to the current F-5 modeling. It would be disappointing if it does and I’d love to know the scoop before spending money on it. 

EDsignaturefleet.jpg

12 minutes ago, =475FG= Dawger said:

This has me pondering whether or not the F1 will have structural failure limits similar to the current F-5 modeling. It would be disappointing if it does and I’d love to know the scoop before spending money on it. 

It should and hopefully will. Actually if it didn't I would maybe reconsider buying it. A properly done module should slap you on the wrist if you are being stupid with it, ie trying to wrench the stick from its base while carrying load on the wings.
F-5 wing rippers literally have a skill issue, no two ways about it. 

• Like 10
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, TheSkipjack95 said:

It should and hopefully will. Actually if it didn't I would maybe reconsider buying it. A properly done module should slap you on the wrist if you are being stupid with it, ie trying to wrench the stick from its base while carrying load on the wings.
F-5 wing rippers literally have a skill issue, no two ways about it. 

That’s pretty funny but not unexpected. 

As my real world fighter pilot buddies say, a fighter you are afraid of ( WRT G limits) isn’t much of a fighter. 

If the F1 carries the same modeling as the F-5, the wings will snap off at 10.8 G below .95M and at 9 G above .95M

Of course, the F1, hopefully, will have better flight control modeling than the F-5, which is egregiously bad. 

Again, I’d love to know prior to purchase.

Please feel free to continue your ignorant insults as needed to stroke your ego. 

• Like 1

EDsignaturefleet.jpg

19 minutes ago, =475FG= Dawger said:

That’s pretty funny but not unexpected. 

As my real world fighter pilot buddies say, a fighter you are afraid of ( WRT G limits) isn’t much of a fighter. 

If the F1 carries the same modeling as the F-5, the wings will snap off at 10.8 G below .95M and at 9 G above .95M

Of course, the F1, hopefully, will have better flight control modeling than the F-5, which is egregiously bad. 

Again, I’d love to know prior to purchase.

Please feel free to continue your ignorant insults as needed to stroke your ego. 

Ah yes, blame the airplane for not holding up to 10.8g. And I'm the only being ignorant and insulting.

Assuming those buddies of yours fly the F-16, it's a magnificent fallacy to take their quote and apply it to aircraft about 15 years older and without the FCS or the structure to withstand the stresses the F-16 was designed from the ground up to take.

I would like to know how the F-5 control modelling is "bad" though, cause that's a rather new one. 

Edited by TheSkipjack95
  • Like 11

1 hour ago, =475FG= Dawger said:

As actually one of my fighter pilots friend, ex-F-5A pilot among many other types, usually say to me it's amazing how he can fly exactly how he did by the book back in time when he was in active service, and this F-5E he wouldn't want to buy at first (he said to me, why so? I already have 3000 flight hours on the type… 🤣) is amazingly close just on a PC Game, and even being a different model (A versus E). If you break wings on F-5s maybe you should learn how to crawl before trying to fly and combat jumping over walk, jog and run 😁.

P.S.: Still awaiting for even the slightest hint on what's "wildly inconsistent" about warbirds' FMs 🤔 . You aren't even aware about how relentless I can be after being falsely accused of confirmation bias with exactly ZERO proof from you 😜

• Like 5

"I went into the British Army believing that if you want peace you must prepare for war. I believe now that if you prepare for war, you get war."

-- Major-General Frederick B. Maurice

On 7/4/2022 at 8:50 AM, =475FG= Dawger said:

well, the brochure for the jet lists the top speed as 794knots at sea level, almost 100knots faster than the manual recommends for safe operations. I hope we can approach this limit of 794 knots but I also hope they model in the consequences of doing so.

unknown.png
and as for structural limits, half baked G limits really take away from a module. people are right to want realistic limits but wrong to be citing the F5's half baked modeling as realistic. dont believe me? take a full bomb load and pull back on the stick, 9-10Gs no problem.
I hope Aerges (and Im sure they will) will take a better approach to their F1 than the F5 devs did with their "back-of-a-cigarette-box/oops I forgot external stores/ripping as low as 8G while clean" G limit modelling. its part of the reason Im looking forward to the F1. and as for the F5 im hoping the remaster fixes it, or at least completes it a bit more.

Edited by Get_Lo
  • Like 1