The Mirage F1 Info Thread

Schmidtfire

F1CR "Charlie Juliet"  is carrying an "Astac" pod below the fuselage, which is for ELINT. The CR peeling off seems to be carrying a "Presto" pod under the fuselage, which is a side-looking 610mm focal length optical pod.

Not sure what kind of pod the spanish F1EE is carrying.

It's a "Syrel" ELINT pod.

Edited by Bremspropeller
  • Like 1

So ein Feuerball, JUNGE!

2 hours ago, Bremspropeller said:

F1CR "Charlie Juliet"  is carrying an "Astac" pod below the fuselage, which is for ELINT. The CR peeling off seems to be carrying a "Presto" pod under the fuselage, which is a side-looking 610mm focal length optical pod.

Not sure what kind of pod the spanish F1EE is carrying.

It's a "Syrel" ELINT pod.

Okay thanks,

Did Spain ever have ARMs on their F1s? I would think either Martels or ARMATs?

4 hours ago, Snacko 2-1 said:

Okay thanks,

Did Spain ever have ARMs on their F1s? I would think either Martels or ARMATs?

Only the EdA was wired for them, and Spain didnt buy any missiles with the jets

The Spanish EE below carries an Elint pod IIRC. Also used by French aircraft, but cannot find more info about it. Anyhow, recon pods AFAIK,

dsc_0610.jpg

• Like 6

"I went into the British Army believing that if you want peace you must prepare for war. I believe now that if you prepare for war, you get war."

-- Major-General Frederick B. Maurice

31 minutes ago, Zad Fnark said:

My son's deployed to Kuwait right now and sent this pic.  It was 6 months and he'll be back in a couple weeks.  Figured this pic was appropriate.

Kuwait.jpg

What a shame seeing these beauties in such condition...

• Like 1

НЕТ ВОЙНЕ!

Gib full-fi Su-27 or MiG-29 plz!

AMD R7 3700X|32GB DDR4 RAM|Gigabyte RTX2070S Gaming OC|2TB NVMe SDD + 1TB SSD + 2TBB + 1TB HDD|Dell P3421W|Windows 10 Pro x64

TM Warthog|MFG Crosswind|Samsung Odyssey+|TrackIR 5

Modules: Mirage F1|Mi-24P|JF-17|F/A-18C|F-14A/B|F-5E|M-2000C|MiG-21bis|L-39|Yak-52|FC3|Supercarrier || Terrains: Persian Gulf|NTTR|Normandy|Syria

IM wondering did the Spanish Mirages at any point get Magic 2's or Aim9L and/or M? ( be it the F1CE or later versions?)

P.S

I know the Aim9Juli is a thing, before someone tells me to use that if i want an all aspect missile.

Build:

Windows 10 64 bit Pro

Case/Tower: Corsair Graphite 760tm ,Asus Strix Z790 Motherboard, Intel Core i7 12700k ,Corsair Vengeance LPX DDR4 64gb ram (3600 mhz) , (Asus strix oc edition) Nvidia RTX 3080 12gb , Evga g2 850 watt psu, Hardrives ; Samsung 970 EVo, , Samsung evo 860 pro 1 TB SSD, Samsung evo 850 pro 1TB SSD,  WD 1TB HDD

I believe I've seen a pic showing an early Spanish F1CE mounting a Matra Magic, but if it were like that apparently they were replaced pretty soon.

The Sidewinder main version used was J, and later on I believe there were an L version (or was it N?) because of the all aspect thing, but J model missiles were overhauled to be all aspect so apparently the JULI version was the most common in the end.

• Thanks 1

"I went into the British Army believing that if you want peace you must prepare for war. I believe now that if you prepare for war, you get war."

1 hour ago, bones1014 said:

Which version will introduce INS nav? EE?

EE for INS, if I recall correctly.

• Like 3

On 7/22/2022 at 7:13 PM, Kev2go said:

IM wondering did the Spanish Mirages at any point get Magic 2's or Aim9L and/or M?

A while ago I tried googling RL pictures and couldn't find any, so my guess is no.

Edited by TLTeo

On the topic of weapons for the Spanish variants, what A2G ordnance did they have? I see the two Spanish low-drag bombs we get, only loadable on wing pylons, but was that it? The SAMP series seem distinctly French.

Edited by Nealius